Old 09-08-2005, 06:37 AM   #1  
Dream Big!

Default C'mon...who's movin' their groove thing?

Our motto:

"Here's where you can post your exercise for accountability, positive feedback, or just to sing it proud!"

Labor Day: 40 min. treadmill, arm weights and 150 laps

Tues: Upper body w/o at gym & 40 min. elliptical, 100 laps

Wed: Lower body w/o at gym, 30 minutes elliptical, 20 min. treadmill
BarbaraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:35 AM   #2  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Thanks for starting this up again BararaAnn

Labor Day - 45 minutes Nustep, 15 upper body strength training
Thursday - WATP 3 mile
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:06 AM   #3  
Downsizing Dee!

Way to go BarbaraAnn and Activeadventurer!!!

I haven't really been posting in this thread but I'm been trying to fit in some structred exercise every day - one day off a week (Saturday).

I'm a member of a FreeCycle group in my town and last night I went out and picked up a cross country ski machine and a rowing machine from a lady that didn't want it anymore. I can't believe it - it was totally free!!

My basement looks like a gym now - I've got the treadmill, weight bench, and the two new machines I just mentioned. Looks like I'll really be able to kick it up now.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #4  

I was looking on here yesterday for this thread and then I realized it had not been started.

Exercise: yesterday

Housekeeper for my best friend. Moderate
Stair climbing: 40 flights maybe more

My computer is on the third floor of the house and I have to walk those stairs each time I look at the computer which is several, several times a day. Also during my housecleaning at my friends house I have to do stairs to put items away.

Maybe not sound like much, but for a person who can't keep any food down I find that I am amazingly able to still have energy. I am keeping liquids down so I am assuming that is what is giving me some energy.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:13 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I feel silly posting my piddly amount of exercise in here...compared to all of your mega workouts! But alas...I shall

28 minutes on the treadmill....1.1 miles

I have a real problem in the exercise arena...I seem to do just fine with food most of the time now, but when it comes to exercise..I'm such a QUITTER.
I feel really bad about it, but can't seem to get past all the excuses not to do it.

Feel great about yesterday though...I was proud then, when I finished.

Any ideas/tips/support?

xoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #6  
Dream Big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by famograham

Feel great about yesterday though...I was proud then, when I finished.

Any ideas/tips/support?
You had every reason to be proud...in fact, you had 28 reasons/minutes to be proud and 28 minutes disproved your being a quitter! Good for you!

As for a tip?...add just 2 minutes to each work-out to painlessly increase the time you're on that treadmill. In a few weeks...a few months...you will be accustomed to staying on longer and longer. And a good tv show or great music really helps make the time go by.
BarbaraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:38 PM   #7  

Well here is my exercise almost everyday...My days are all so the same.

Cleaning my house and my neighbors.

Climbing stairs. I make it an exercise now. My energy sucks but after I do it I feel a little better.

Not sure if anyone considers housecleaning exercise but I sure do since I have double.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:18 PM   #8  

I am happy to report that I ran one SOLID mile on the treadmill this morning! I usually have to do a walk/jog combo. I think I could have gone further but I didn't want my son to be tardy for school just see how far I could make it. Anyway, this is a big deal for me. I have always WANTED to be a runner but, thanks to an old ACL tear, the high impact of jogging gave me trouble.

Hmmm, think it was he high impact or the extra 75 pounds of pressure?
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 04:49 PM   #9  

I'd love to be able to jog a mile on the treadmill. What a great accomplishment! Being able to jog is one of my goals for the future. I'm a very weak jogger and always have been even when I was thinner. I'm jealous!!! Way to go!!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Right now I'm doing a 21 day challenge and thing is to workout at least 10 minutes a day. I also workout with my sister 3 times a week. We are in the process of getting routines down.

Monday - Workout with sisters 1 mile on treadmill, I also worked my Abs, bicepts, tricepts and shoulders (15# weight)

Turesday - 10 minute abs dvd.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:52 PM   #11  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Monday, 9/12:
1 hour Tae Kwon Do
30 Minutes of Warm Up: 50 sit ups; 10 knuckle push ups (regular, not modified!), 10 regular flat hand push ups, 15 modified flat hand push ups=TOTAL 35 Push Ups!); 2 minutes light sparring and 10 minutes stretching.
30 Minutes: Basic Kicking Combinations 6-12; Counter Attacks 1-7

Tuesday, 9/13:
3.5 mile run, Took me about 45 minutes and it started to rain so I was soaked by the time I got home. (DH was disappointed I wasn't wearing a white shirt, what a pervert! )
10 minutes of after run stretching
15 minutes core exercises
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:45 AM   #12  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Hmm... I've been watching this thread for a while and considering joining you. I don't do "official" workouts, though. I try to do life-style stuff. I've got a bunch of exercise videos, but I'm not to the point where I want to try them again.

So I take the stairs instead of the elevator at the parking garage (2 flights down), the stairs up to the Metro platform instead of the escalator (1 flight up), get off one stop early and walk four blocks, then walk up the stairs at work instead of the elevator (2 flights up). At the end of the day I walk down (two flights down), walk four blocks to the next closest Metro stop (if it's not rainy), and then up the stairs at the parking garage (two flights up).

But that's usually the extent of my "planned" exercise in a day. It's more than I did four months ago, by far. And the two-flights-up are getting a little easier as time goes on. But it's nothing compared to what you guys are doing.

But I do try to swim (when the weather was nicer) and garden, and go for walks with my daughter. And today my new bike comes in, and I'm all excited about re-learning how to ride. And maybe if I start posting in this thread, I'll get inspired to get out those old videos.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 12:10 PM   #13  

Synger, Any exercise is a great thing. Don't fret that you don't have a scheduled exercise program. You are doing quite a bit now and that is great. Your exercise includes wonderful lifestyle changes and that is really, really good. Glad to see you posting here!
Old 09-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

I have been doing a Dance Dance Revolutoin type game.. I play almost every day!

its fun and I can play for about an hour before I stop. It's so much fun, that the time flies by,.. although I am not very good at it. Hubby will even play with me if he isnt too tired from work:-)

I have had it about 3 weeks or so and I *think* I can notice a weight change.. it seems like my shirts "lie differently" if that makes sense :-)
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:35 AM   #15  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Thursday I rode my bike for the first time, for 45 minutes. Wee!!!

Friday I did my normal stairs/walking for the day.

Saturday we had a long bike ride -- 45 minutes there, then lunch and shopping, and 45 minutes back. Then swimming to cool off, though I didn't do much more than paddle around.

Sunday was a rest day.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote