Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-12-2005, 06:18 AM   #1  
Mel

Default LWL #220 Sept 13 - Sept 18

Good morning LWL
Why does working feel different from working out? I spent about 7 hours yesterday shoveling and raking dirt in the backyard and am SORE I was so tired I was near tears by the time we finally finished our terraforming project. That grass better grow!

Thanks for the pep talk/butt kicking Ellen and Tiki. I think I'm done.

Another thing I did yesterday before the "fun with dirt" was to resurrect my old Nordic Track. I haven't used it in ages. It's still a hard cardio workout

Gotta scoot. Have a good day!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hiya all,

Its a Monday! I'm tired already. Went to bed way too late but still got up and to the gym for Chest and Tris. I didn't feel like my usual cardio so instead I finished working on the cheer from yesterday for about 25 minutes. Housework tonite and hopefully early to bed.

NEXT!!!!!

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:28 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Legs!! and clean eats....

''LET'S BE CAREFUL OUT THERE''

'nuf said
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:40 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Tiki - I am totally with you on the Monday morning blues!

I've not woken up yet and it's 2.30pm over here!

Snap Ilene, legs for me too tonight! That and the dreaded BK (not to be confused with KB or indeed burger king!). I'm also gonna bake me up a batch of protein muffins to keep my mitts off the gingerbread men in Tesco!

Doing ok foodwise so far... think my indulgences over the weekend are still filling me up! Weigh in day on Friday so I'd better be good this week!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #5  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

hello guys I know I don't post much but I still stop byu every now and then. this morning my body was ready for some serious cardio! I woke up at 5:30am can couldn't go back to sleep...luckily I found the energy to force myself back to sleep LOL *smh* I just got back from a great workout. I purchased a vinyl jump rope from target for $1.60 and jumped for about 5-10 minutes got on the stairmaster for 20 minutes and did 3 sets of 8 dips and 1 set of pushups! Man this past week I was in consecration and couldn't work out and I feel so much better now but doing those reps were killing me. Nonetheless my endorphins are just doing their own thang and I love feel energized!
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I did upper body out of shear boredom this evening. But I'm struggling a bit with eating. I've upped my exercise quite a bit and I'm always hungry. My cals are up but my percentages aren't too bad. I ate more red meat today than usual, dratted fat!

So I've come to the computer to dwiddle in time until CSI: Miami comes on. I shouldn't have to go back downstairs for anything. No, no, no
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 12:22 AM   #7  

Hey all - back from the boy's bday and parental visit doom; ate pretty well and spent most of the time doing gardening and such, so I know how you feel, Mel. Hope the yard looks better! We have an apple tree in our backyard that yields a ton of apples each year. We're renters so I've never really known what to do w/ all of them. My mom gets a bee in her bonnet and borrows a friend's food strainer/mill and brings it out for the visit with her. So we cooked down apples, strained them, and canned about 10 quarts of applesauce and apple butter. I think it should count as less calories since I spent so much making it all!

Best wishes for a calm and lovely week to everyone. I'm trying to deal with the fall "let's rearrange all the fitness class schedules" time without freaking out (I'm such a control freak!).
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 04:00 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

Did LBW last night and managed one more set of split squats than last week! Hopefully the soreness will be better this week too! Missed out my back kicks and my calf raises. I was absolutely trashed and needed an early night!

Kickboxing tonight, so hopefully will see a proper improvement with the BKs if I concentrate hard enough!
Old 09-13-2005, 07:34 AM   #9  

Hi LWL,

Mel -I hope things are working out for you !

Great news: the scales moved down for the 2nd week runnin. So I'll keep up the magic recipe: 7 hours excercise per week & clean eats.

Yesterday I did 25 mins run outside and UBW.
Today I did 1 h 40 mins bike ride. As my bike got stuck in the heaviest gear, and my brake got stuck as well this was no fun. I'll take it to the bikeshop & get spare parts before I 'll attempt this again. I am totally shredded.

Have a great day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:05 PM   #10  
aka Superwoman!

Okay... Just had to post (even though I'm talking to myeslf )

Tonight I was talking to my kickboxing instructor about the website that I'm building for him and he suddenly says, "What do you want from this?" (oooer missus...) "Do you want to teach?" And initiallly I thought, well no I never had the intention to learn in order to teach but I said, "Yeah! I want black belts! Cos I used to be really fat and lazy but now I'm loving this!" and he offered me the chance to do a "fast-track" black belt course! WOW! My dedication has not gone un-noticed! He made the point that I must be dedicated cos I ride 100 extra miles a week for kickboxing classes!

Happy day!

Edit: Did 3 sets of split squats last night (only managed 2 sets last week), didn't feel sick and don't need the crane to get off the loo!
Old 09-13-2005, 06:36 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

2F -- Your posts crack me up sometimes... They sound as hyper as your avatar!

Today I ran 6k and went shopping with my mom for a bathing suit, got a nice Speedo for my swimming lessons tomorrow...
Old 09-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #12  

Hi,

2F - I am also always laughing when reading your posts!

MeL - I was thinking about you when I was mowing my lawn with push mower yesterday - we have a fire in the city in the bog, so the smell is afwul and no wind - of course, my grass was so high that I could not possibly wait a day - so I was working hard inspite of bad asthma attack due to the ashes in the air! Today I felt my upper body!

Workouts are indoors - still doing 20 min cardio first thing in the morning, and did UBW later on today in the gym!

Cheers,
Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:30 PM   #13  

Question Cardio on Leg Day?

Just wondered how many of you do cardio on Leg Day??? I usually do, although not real intense, but today I opted out and will do power walking tomorrow (I live in a very hilly area). I've just been so tired lately, so thought I'd back down on the intensity of my workout schedule just a tad. I just took 3 days off from the gym and came back yesterday feeling much stronger and ready to go!

Today I had a date with Mr. Smith for the first time -- lunges and squats.

Luanne
mscelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:00 PM   #14  
Mel

Luanne- Usually on leg day I only do a half an hour treadmill walk or moderate elliptical, if that. I've switched my leg day to Mondays tho, which is the only day that my favorite spin instructor lead a class. I'm going to try to do both next week. Spin at noon, then legs at 3pm! If I can crawl to my computer, I'll let you know how it goes

Ugh, rabbit, that doesn't sound like a fun ride! Good thing it's relatively flat where you live.

2F- Nice to know your dedication is paying off!

Long day today. Lots of clients, then took my not-so-darling son to the dentist. His braces came off yesterday and now I get to pay for seven fillings. Open mouth, shovel in money.... Then back to the gym for more clients. Somewhere in there I did a chest workout and brief cardio.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:53 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

Mel -- Dang but those kid's teeth are expensive aren't they? We have one down, one to go...

Luanne -- On Leg day I sometimes bike or do something easy, but I don't run, well, I may have put a run in there once but it was very hard on the knees...

Sandy -- Your asthma sounds bad, hope you feel better soon...