Old 09-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #1  

Default Weird places to lose weight

As well as being an over-eater, I am a nail biter. Always have been, apart from the odd break where I manage to get over the habit (usually substituting chocolate instead of nails )

So I have a wedding coming up and decided that I wanted pretty nails to go with my new outfit, so I have given up. After two weeks the top of my nails reach the top of my fingers!!! Usually it takes at least 6 weeks, the only explanation is I have lost some fat off my fingers!!!! Of which I am grateful, but off the hips would be nice!!!!

And my toes!!! What a bizarre place to lose fat!!!

It's all very weird and wonderful, where are the odd places you've noticed change?
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:35 PM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I definitely notice it in my feet. My wrist got smaller faster too, I had to have a chain bracelet I wear resized.

I wonder if your nails aren't growing faster because of better nutrition and exercise as well.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:38 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My feet. I went from an 11 to a 9.5. The shoes I bought for my sister's grad party (June) did not fit for her wedding (October) but I wore them anyway.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 05:39 PM   #4  

Ha! I've never thought about it, but it makes since that your fingers and toes would get smaller too. After all, the fat gets stored everywhere, right? One of the weirdest things I've noticed is just how hard it is to shave my armpits now! They're like these huge, cavernous pits with nary a flat surface enough to yield a razor, how completely frustrating!!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #5  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiaby
One of the weirdest things I've noticed is just how hard it is to shave my armpits now! They're like these huge, cavernous pits with nary a flat surface enough to yield a razor, how completely frustrating!!
I'm with you on the armpits, Beverly! I sliced the heck out of myself last night trying to negotiate my Lady Bic across a...well...I guess it was a muscle??? Or a tendon maybe? Hurt like a BUGGER!! I never really thought of my armpits as "fat" prior to my weight loss, but I guess they were . And I have nice petite FEMININE ankles now, too.
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:39 PM   #6  

its great that you start this post because i wondered when i lose weight if my ring size would go down as well
nmhairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:54 PM   #7  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Yes your ring size will go down. Mine falls off very easy now. Sometimes I wear it on my middle finger if I'm doing something where I know it will fall off. I have also noticed the feet and wrist. I can now wear some size 10 shoes down from 13 and I got a watch last week for my 5th year at my job and it fits without getting an extra large band. I used to have to buy two strech bands and take an inch or so out of one and add to the other.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:14 PM   #8  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

nmhairstylist,

Howie's right, your ring size will change. I'm bummed because I can't wear my college ring on any of my fingers anymore. It originally fit my ring finger, then I had to move it to my middle finger, and now it just slides right off. I need to go get it resized, I guess.
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:30 PM   #9  
maintainer wannabe

first place i noticed was my nose. i had a fat nose lol

armpits are much easier to shave when fat. i'm starting to notice mine are changing. most things are easier so no complaints here.

Catherine mom to 11
mabear's homepage
mabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:15 PM   #10  
Losing Again!

My toes were a funny discovery. I was at my mom's wearing birkenstocks and she was all, "what's going on with your toes, there's space between them, they're not all pudgy"

That was a fun day.
Daners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

My head. Just call me a fathead. Okay, maybe it was my face, but I noticed that my glasses were getting loose, and before losing weight the ear pieces made indentations on the side of my head.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 09:35 AM   #12  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

My wrists were my first place that I noticed anything. I think I probably annoyed people because everytime I would see them I would say, "Look at my wrists, don't they look smaller?" They thought I was crazy...lol I notice my toes and feet look skinnier, my fingers and forearms are looking smaller, my armpit area, and definately my face. I see changes in the rest of my body too but none of which are enough for me to say it looks almost skinny... I have too much to lose before a mean person couldn't call me fat anymore...
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Im just starting to notice things... (whoohoo for exercise)

The other day when i was getting dressed, I looked down my tummy and saw these bumps... where your ribcage is kinda... I always called them fat bumps..

well they seemed to be getting bigger, so I ask hubby "what is the deal with these bumps"

he says "they just look bigger because it is getting a bit hollowed outunderneath where they are,.. lower on the tummy"

I know that sounds weird doesnt it?..LOL
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:45 PM   #14  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

One really cool thing I didn't think of until I started reading everybody's posts, I have real, defined shoulders now. I love that.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:56 PM   #15  

Hey fathead! Oops, I mean Sheila! I had that problem with my glasses too, they just kept slipping off and were way too big for my face, so I finally got some new ones and now it's all good!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote