Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 11:09 AM   #1  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Thinking about giving the Core plan a try

Good morning, Sistas! I finally have a minute to get on here and post. With my husband gone to New Orleans, I just don't seem to have the time to do anything anymore. It's a quiet Sunday, though, so here I am.

In my other thread, someone had asked how I was doing on program. Well, I haven't. To be honest, it has been very hard for me to avoid the sweets as I am a serious emotional eater. I haven't fluctuated too much on the scale, though. But now I'm really wanting to get back on it and go.

Funny thing is, a few weeks ago I had decided to sell all my WW stuff on Ebay since I wasn't following the program. Bids were getting up kind of high, too, when all of a sudden my auction was yanked. I was told that I was in some sort of copyright violation by the Legal Dept. of WW and that if I tried to list my auction again, my Ebay acct would be suspended! They said that the WW stuff is for sale in the WW group meeting atmosphere only and not intended for Ebay. Ummm okay... I wonder how many of the other hundreds of Ebay listings were yanked, too?

Anyway, instead of getting mad or freaking out, I found myself laughing. I said you know, Aileen, that just means you were not meant to get rid of this information and you are meant to get right back on!

So this morning a thought hit me. Why not give the Core program a try? It might just be the kick in the &&& I need to get moving.

My long term goal is to reach 140 by the end of June 2006. I am going on this whole I'm-turning-40 panic thing. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about being 40. I even think I'm going through a mid-life crisis of sorts (because I'm getting a tattoo for my birthday). I will be 40 on October 12 and have taken that entire week off for my birthday gift to myself. My son graduates in June and I really want to look awesome in the pictures, as opposed to the beached whale decked out in lime sherbet that I looked like in my older son's grad pictures. Oh, yeah, nothing like standing next to the ex husband's wife and because she is so short and smaller than I am, I looked like GARGANTUAN BAZOOOOOOOMBA woman. Lawdy dawg, I'm not going through that again.

Okay, okay, enough rambling.... so tell me, who here is on Core or has done Core and what do you think of it???

Hugs ya'll!
Aileen
Old 09-11-2005, 01:37 PM   #2  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Well, I'm not on Core (yet), so I'm not going to be any help to you now, but I've thought about switching once I get myself around maintenance level...I just need the structure and such of Points because I don't quite trust myself. But I've heard good things about Core, so I'm sure you'll do great!

And I think your description of yourself in that photo was kind of hilarious, actually. Because I know exactly what you mean! I think I have reverse body dysmorphia, so instead of seeing myself as 100 pounds heavier than I am, I see myself as much lighter than I am. Until I get photos taken with friends. Then I'm like, "Holy ****...I'm fatter than she is???" Lol. So I know how you feel. Photos can be kind of evil, but also pretty motivating. I think your goal to 140 by next June is perfect! Just keep working at it, and you'll get there, sista!

So glad to see you knocking around here again, too! I hope everything's going okay with your husband in New Orleans and that he comes home to you pretty soon.

Have a great day!
~Amanda
Old 09-11-2005, 01:49 PM   #3  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Core

Hi Aileen & Amanda,

I guess I haven't done a very good job as the WW Core Plan poster child. Have I mentioned that I do Core?

I really like core, you get plenty to eat, but it is not convenient, It does take some planning. I like to cook up some things on the weekends, or use my slow cooker. I'm a real bean lover, so that is good for me. When I'm following flex I don't like to waste points eating beans or my dairy. On Core, you use FF dairy.

Any questions, you can IM me on MSN or yahoo. my IM handles are in my profile. I'd be glad to help you any way I can.
Closed Thread