Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 04:49 PM   #1  

Default LA Weightloss #32

Hi again gals!
Starting fresh and new! That's me too! I lost 2 3/4 lbs from the weekend JetStart! Back on track! It's like starting all over again.
I'm down 23 3/4 #s. It's taken me 3 months to lose just 3 3/4 #s
what a struggle, but that's part of it! I envy those of you that have done so well so quickly! But I'm back!

Karen M.
Your soon to be ex is a jerk! I have a friend who's husband did the similar thing to her and it was all so strange. Come to find out, he had met this girl over the internet. She came to KY. to live with him, then he moved to Oregan with her and her kids, and it never worked out. She said that she didn't know what had happened. It's almost like he snapped! She saw a side that blew her away! They have been divorced 5 years and now she is remarrying this weekend. Keep your chin up, let yourself grieve over your loss, but realize that life is still there and the best is yet to come!

Good luck to everyone! Glad everyone is back!
Janie
Old 08-14-2001, 05:00 PM   #2  

Hi, Ladies!

Janie, thanks for the new thread. I am glad you are doing so well. I am struggling latleyl. I am just starting to wish i could eat anything I wanted in moderation. Great Job starting over!

Karen M. I am so sorry to hear of your problems! I wish I knew what to say. I couldn't imagine after 5 years what a shock! I will be married 5 years in Sept and I could only imagine how upset you are. I hope you have support to get through this. My in laws recently divorced and it turned out to be the best thing that could happen. They are both happy now. I hope happiness is coming you way soon. If you need to vent keep coming here.

I better go now!
Karen W
Old 08-14-2001, 05:29 PM   #3  

Default recipe book

Do any of you have the LA Weighloss Recipe Book? I have seen it on display at the center but have not really looked at it (or asked how much it is). I was wondering if anyone has it and likes it.

Oh yeah...another question too. Do any of you do anything to reward yourself when you reach your intermediate goals (like every 10 lbs or something similar)?

Last edited by Jibbelle; 08-14-2001 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-14-2001, 07:28 PM   #4  

Great, new thread...thanks.

Janie, congrats on your loss. Feels soooo good doesn't it. This is a great group of people here. Lots of support and help.

Lorrie
Old 08-14-2001, 07:28 PM   #5  

Jibbelle-Hey Marcie!! I don't think I have ever met another one! Do we spell it the same?? I do like to reward myself..I buy a little something nice like panties or a new bra or something to make me feel good.

Karen W, sounds like we are in the same boat...I just can't seem to get back on track. I really want to..maybe we should try and do it together. Let's do JetStart again and get us back on track! Whatta say??

Janie-Thanks for starting the new thread...I am so excited and proud of you..way to get back on the plan!!

KarenM-Just know we are here for ya...whether you just want to vent or talk about weight loss..I know right now this seems like ****, but it will get better and you are better off without him.....boy has he screwed up...and he'll come running back before you know it. Best advice I can give is to just try and let him go. You will get through this and we will all keep you in our prayers!!

Marcie
Old 08-15-2001, 08:16 AM   #6  

Default yep yep

I spell it the same MarcieW....but I guess it would be MarcieB.

Old 08-15-2001, 09:10 AM   #7  

Hey girls! Well I am doing Jet Start today...I know this will get me back on track. I am excited about being back. I feel so much better when I am on the plan! So here goes....back to losing weight and feeling great!!

Marcie
Old 08-15-2001, 10:41 AM   #8  

Default Hi Everyone!!!

Happy Wednesday everybody!! I go for my weigh in today. Monday, I was 1-2 pound away from the 20 pound mark. I hope I make it today, that's my goal. Wish me luck!!! I've been staying on plan, but I also started my period today, so I worry if that will have an effect as well.

In other news. Hubby and I have decided to join a gym. We won't be able to do it for another week or so, but it's definatley a priority for us!!

As far as rewards we do little things for each ten pounds. When both of us reach our goals we are going to buy nice outfits, rent a sportscar and go out dancing! WHOOOO HOOOOO I can't wait!!!

I'll post back after my weigh in!! Wish me luck!

Starting weight 233 1-2
Current weight 213
Goal: HOTTIE
Old 08-15-2001, 12:59 PM   #9  

Default good luck!

Sassie Mom-

Best of luck to you!! I hope you are there. The sports car and dancing sounds awesome! When I get to my goal I am going to get certified to dive then take a trip with my boyfriend (hopefully fiance bye then!) to the Caribbean or Hawaii. I CANT WAIT! But, in the meantime...I want to do something for each 20 or 25 lb milestone I make. I still have not figured out what that is. I am only down 6 lbs, so I still have some time to decide.

MarcieW-

Good luck to you as well on the Jetstart! Keep us posted on progress.

I weigh in today...everyone keep their fingers crossed for me!
Old 08-15-2001, 02:27 PM   #10  

MarcieW, How is Jet going? Last time I did it I only lost 1/4 of a pound then I gained. I guess it isn't working for me! I am finally losing now. Mostly because I am sick and don't feel like over eating. I hope you are doing Ok. I will use you as inspiration to keep going!

Jibbelle, I ahve the cookbook. I can give you some of the recipies if you wnat. I don't use it much. I am pretty creative with my food. I ahve learned to change my old recipes to fit into my LA weighloss plan. I am going to go pick out a recipe for you. I will post it soon.

As far as reward I never did them. I didn't start till I lost 60 pounds. I really wish I had because it may have made me want to lose. We were tigh with money when i started and I felt bad spending so much on my plan. I may do something silly like a small tatoo on my belly. I figure it will help me wnat to stay thin so the tatoo doesn't stretch. I will probably chicken out though.

Our big reward was a trip for our anniversary. We will ahve to settle for a weeknd because hubby can't take off work. I am disappointed but a weekend will help. I need a small break from my kids.

SasseMom, I work at a gym in the daycare. I get a free membership. Some gyms will give you a free one if you volunteer to work the daycare for a few hours a week. Also most will give you a free trial week but you ahve to ask. Just tell them you wnat to try it out before purchasing a membership. This way you can go for free the first week and save a little bit of money.

Well, I need to go now. I ahve a lot to do. My youngest son is turning 2 tomorrow! I can't believe it!

Karen W
Old 08-15-2001, 02:41 PM   #11  

Jibbellle, Her is one recipe. I think the book was $24.00 If you are getting bored you may wnat to buy it. A lot of the recipes ahve dairy in them and I eat my dairy at breakfast. So, I don't use the book much. There are all kinds of recipees in it. I haven't tried this one but it looks good to me.

Oven-Fried Chicken

6 Or 8 ounces Boneless/skinless chicken breast (acording to plan)
2 slices Melba Toast Finely crushed
1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley
1/2 Cup Non fat plain yogurt
1 Clove garlic minced
2 teas white cooking wine (I have subsituted vinegar for wine in many recipes)
Dash red pepper

Breading: Mix Melba Toast and parsley, set aside

In a bowl combine, yogurt, garlic,wine,and red pepper

Coat chicken with yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with melba toast crumbs.

Bake 350 for 30- 45 min or until no longer pink.

The thing I liked most was the ethnic section. it lets you know some other veggies ect that you can eat. Like we can ahve cornbread as a once per week limited starch. There is even a recipe for biscuits. I might make those tonight. In the mexican section it syas we can have jalapenos and salsa as a free food.

I hope I didn't give you more than you wanted to know.

Karen
Old 08-15-2001, 02:42 PM   #12  

Default recipe

KarenW-

I would love to have a recipe. I am the most uncreative person in the world! I have been eating the same things for 2 weeks now. My boyfriend is about to go crazy...thankfully I dont have any kids to feed! It seems like my choices for proteins are really limited since I do not eat red meat. I am so sick of chicken and turkey. I really need to start incorporating more fish, but I live in the middle of the US and it is hard to get good fish.

MarcieW-

I did the Jetstart when I first started the program. I lost nothing on it...but lost 6 lbs the first week I was on the real food plan. My counselor says that happens sometimes, but maybe she was lying to make me feel better!
Old 08-15-2001, 02:45 PM   #13  

Jibbelle, I think we were posting at the same time.
Karen
Old 08-15-2001, 04:37 PM   #14  

Angry recipe

I just weighed in. I lost my first 10 lbs!!! WOOHOO

Karen-

Thanks for the recipe...since I have not had my dairy today I will try it tonight! I am going to buy the book. I think I need the variety to stay on the plan.

Take care all!
Old 08-15-2001, 09:30 PM   #15  

Thumbs up I GAINED!!!!

I gained TWO POUNDS!!! When I left the center I cried on my husband's shoulder. My counselor said that it's probably due to my TOM, and not to discouraged, but it's hard when I was only 1/2 pound away from my 20 pound mark!!!

My husband takes water pills, and he suggested that I take them during my TOM to help release the excess water weight gain. I took some tonight before dinner, we'll see! I'm SOOOO disappointed!!

Karen,

Thanks for the recipe! I'm sure we'll all enjoy it. I've seen the cookbook at the center, but haven't purchased it. They post a new recipe or two every week from it, and I always copy them down. I haven't used any of them because most of them do use your daily dairy supply, and LOVE my la lite shakes, and use my dairy in them. (four onces of skim milk, some ice, the shake mix, blend...YUMMY!)

Jibble,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You've reached your first MILESTONE!!!! That is so great!!! Keep up the good work!

Starting Weight 233 1-2
Current Weight 215
Goal: HOTTIE
Closed Thread