Old 09-07-2005, 09:48 AM   #1  

Default Young MOMs eager to LOOK good again!!!

I'm 25, I have a 4 yr old boy. I have a small group of girlfriends who all struggle with their weight after having children. One of my gal pals has finally told me she's ready to get on the fitness band wagon and start feeling good again. I have tons of time on my hands to give support to anyone who needs the extra push to lose the pounds. I extend my hand out to the younger moms cuz I was there at one time and I know it's hard when maybe you are the only one out of your friends with a child and youre looking for friends with kids anywhere! Stay at home or single moms who would like a support system for losing some weight or just to chat...let me know. -tampagirl
tampagirlcmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:45 PM   #2  

I'm 25 yrs old too I have a 4 yo boy, 3 yo boy and 2 yo girl. I'm also on the band wagon of loosing weight and would love some support!
loosinbabyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:34 PM   #3  

Default Hey Becca

Gosh Girl you've got your hands full!!! Most of my friends have two kids, me just one, just because I'm single and one is hard enough! I would like to move this thread to the support group forum so maybe we can pick up some more gals. Do you stay at home with your kids, do you work, are you married? Just curious. It's not easy finding time for yourself with one child, I can't imagine 3, but I definately think you can do it. Youre already on your way! I will try and set something up in the support groups and email you when I do. Talk tomorrow. -caroline
tampagirlcmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:42 PM   #4  
Dieting Diva

Get out of my head! I don't know too many young moms, so there's really no one here that I can buddy up with. I'm 24, I have a 7 month old son. I WAHM 3 days a week and then I go into the office twice weekly. I get "personal time" for an hour each evening to do my workouts (4.5 miles brisk walking), and I do my a.m. workout at 4:25 in order to get some peace and be able to relax afterwards. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
jinxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:09 PM   #5  

I am a married SAHM. Hubby works 12 hrs/ day lately, so I'm alone w/ the kids all the time. I don't get any alone time... well, once/mo usually.

I'm starting to get up earlier so that I can get a good morning workout in before dh leaves for work and hopefully that will help this weight loss stuff.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #6  
Future Fitness Model

S/C/G: 196.5/184.4/140

Height: 5'3

I would love the support and motivation. Im 22 years old and I have an 7 month old son. I really want to lose weight so bad but its so hard for me to stay motivated ... I need to lose a little over 30 lbs..
KamsMoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #7  

Hi KamsMoMa I need to loose 20 to be where I want to be... 30 if I wanted to be real slim tho.

I have trouble staying motivated as well, but I think if we can encourage each other it'll help

How are you doing today??
Old 09-09-2005, 01:56 PM   #8  

i know how all of you feel im 23 i have a 4 year old a 2 year old and i have a 9 month old so losinbabyfat im right there with you i would love to get and give support from you all hope to talk soon
dyintobethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/175/135

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies! I too am a young mom, I'm turning 22 this month and I have a 2 month old daughter. My goal is to loose 40 pounds but I have started running in to all kinds of probems like the fact that my perfect husband can eat any thing he wants and stay well... perfect- and the fact that he is a horrible work out buddy because his next big hurdle is he wants to run 2 miles in under 10 minutes- (I would like to maybe start adding a run/walk/jog thing into my walk some time in the not to distant future) and he can do like 70 some thing sit ups in less than 1 minute... I don't even see how thats possible! Anyway it's really hard to avoid eatting tempting food because he can eat that stuff and I can't but I think it's unfair that he keep it out of the house because I have no will power and I can't eat it.

Also I only have two friends here (I moved to Omaha from Houston last year because my husband is in the Air Force) one of them knows exactly what I am going through but seems unmotivated to do much about it and the other one is clueless and thin.

Ugh I need so much help lol.

Angela
ajkulig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:21 PM   #10  

Default Hello..

I am also a young mom. I will be 22 tomorrow and I have a 2yo boy and an almost 3 month old boy also.
At my heaviest I got up to 290 with my first son.. I didnt gain as much with #2 Jamison, but I started the sbd sept 7 and have gone from 252 to 245 already!!
My first goal is to get to 199 and then I would love to be less then 170, which I can not remember ever being.
The diet is going great so far, but I cant be as strict bc i am breastfeeding.. so things wont be as hard for me on phase 1..
here are pictures of my weight up and down since 2001...
they are all mixed up...
http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...dit&rnd=574156
JenniferCohrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:39 PM   #11  
Mommy9802

Default Hello All!

Hello Everyone! My name is Alisha and i am a young mother of 2 great boys! One that is 6 and one that is 3! And i am only 22 years old! And desperatly wanting to look good again. I would love to be where i was when i graduated High School, which was 130 pounds! I am on my way there, its just its going to take a little while. I have to keep telling myself that the wieght didn't get put on overnight (even though it feels like it did) so i know it will take a little while to come off. But this website, has been so motivational for me. I really enjoy talking to people that have the same issues and struggles as i do. So if it is ok with everyone, i would like to join this group of gals! Have a great Weekend Everyone!

Alisha
mommy9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:32 PM   #12  

Hi! I'm glad there are more joining!! Jennifer ~ I looked at your pics! You are beautiful, girl!! and your kiddos are adorable!!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend!! And try to stick w/ the diet... I know it's hard tho! I'm struggling a lot lately
Old 09-10-2005, 01:23 AM   #13  
Im SERIOUS this time!!!

S/C/G: 235/207/160

Ok I want to jump on the bandwagon as well. Im 22 almost 23 with a 3 year old and my current weight is 230 *insert shock smiley* lol. I actually weigh more now than I did when I was preggo with her. I just want to get down to 160, which is where I was when I got pregnant. I remember trying to lost about 20-30 then but Ill settle being 160 anyday right about now. I gained about 30 something pounds when I was pregnant and when I left the hospital I was down to 180 something then life happened. I started eating more fast food than ever along with other things and Ive ballooned up into the 200's. Most of the women in my family are petite women so it is definitely hard being the biggest around everyone but I just want to get under 200 pounds by the end of the year, at least.
GetSerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:06 AM   #14  
Future Fitness Model

S/C/G: 196.5/184.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosinbabyfat
Hi KamsMoMa I need to loose 20 to be where I want to be... 30 if I wanted to be real slim tho.

I have trouble staying motivated as well, but I think if we can encourage each other it'll help

How are you doing today??
Hey girly Im fine just tired, i've been up wrestling with my son lol but anyway How was your day?? That sounds like a great ideal ..I see we weigh around the same amount...

And hello to all the other young mommies Is there a page or something on here dedicated to young mommies that's trying to lose weight?? It would be nice if we could check in somewhere on here to help keep in touch, motivate, share exercise tips and track each other weight lose ..
KamsMoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 04:54 PM   #15  

I think this site just does threads, not whole forums, but I'm not sure. I think we just keep using this thread until it gets too long.

We are the same weight You are trying to loose 10 more than I am tho! I probably need to get down to 140, but will be very happy at 150! After my DD was born almost 2 years ago I was at 220, so I'm happy to be at 170 and can't wait to be at 150 again someday