Old 09-06-2005, 11:53 AM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Talking Weighty Issues #31, Sept. 05

Welcome to the September edition of our Weighty Issues thread. We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out across the U.S. from the east coast to the west. We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:55 AM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, I started a FRESH new thread for us. Let's get motivated after this long, overindulgent weekend and get ready for looking good during the not-too-far-away holiday season

I'm re-posting Cherie's post from the last thread so it didn't get left behind. I'll be back later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogirlTX
Happy Tuesday! Angie.. thank you so much for finding Kempy for us. I am so glad she is OK. Congrats on your new truck too! My dad had a fifth wheel and he used it all the time.

I had a really nice weekend with the girls. We found a water park here in Norman, it had just opened up earlier this summer. The park had taken out the wading pool and put in this water feature that had a ton of different kind of sprinklers and water sprayers that would alternate when they would come on. The girls had a BLAST... we went there all three days. I just took a chair and read... then we went to the play area right next to it. They just loved it. We also found a church to go to, and the people there were just so very nice. The kids section is pretty awesome. They had this huge room with chairs and a stage where they put on plays, they had a moon walk, a pool table, video games etc. I can see why Hannah wants to come back! The girls have been begging me to take them to church, and I am glad I did. However, note to self... remember to EAT before going. I had exercised that morning on the treadmill for an hour and the night before for an hour and by the time I got to church (I thought it started earlier than it did.. so I didn't have time to grab anything) I was pretty hungry. I was doing OK until we had to start standing a long time, and then we held hands and had a prayer session.. during that.. I started seeing black spots in my vision, I was getting really hot and clammy and was just about to black out. I had to leave the santuary and go sit down. Luckily the people outside were just so extremely nice, the went and got me a real coke to drink down so I could get some sugar into my system. I can't believe I was that stupid not to eat. I will know better next time. Anyway.. I was really impressed with the church, and we will go back.

Last night, Alan came over for dinner, and he surprised me with a new gas grill. :-) I was just going to grill using my George Forman electric grill... but he was just so sweet, and when I got out of the shower (he got there while I was trying to clean up, I had been running all day) he was outside putting it together. :-) I am very blessed to have him in my life. Wednesday is his birthday, and I have finally found someone to watch the girls for me, so I am going to take him out for dinner. First time (0ut of 4 birthdays) that I will get to spend with him.

Oh, and I have another motivation to lose this weight. My 20 year class reunion has been set for Nov. 4th and 5th. I haven't seen these people in 10 years. Then I was at about 145.00 (I am now at 150.00), so I want to get back down into the 130.00's at least. In high school I was normally in the upper 120's. So this will keep my motivation going!

OK.. well, I better get back to work! I hope everyone has a great great day!

And... btw.... as I noted earlier.. I am at 150.00. Since August 26th, I have lost 7.5 pounds doing my exercising and Phase One on the South Beach Diet... I am so pumped to keep it up! I have even lost quite a few of inches everywhere. I am feeling so much better about myself. I did splurge last night, but I figure that will only happen about once a week. I was under 1600 calories for the day, so in the big picture, not too much of a splurge. I'm just not used to eating 1000 calories for one meal like I did. It was yummy!

OK.. back to work!

Cherie
Old 09-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

I'm baaaaaaaacccckkkkk

First things first, Cherie, you are doing a kick@ss job on SB! Were you quite all right after your coke? You were in a good house for that to occur, glad you didn't get hurt. Oooh, great gift from Alan and you got to spend a b-day celebration w/him. Things are moving in the right direction, eh? The girls must be beautifully tanned after their fun at the water park. I'm so glad to hear them having a great time and enjoying themselves.

Well, we had a 92 degree weekend. Didn't go much of anywhere but just hung around the house and played Scrabble all weekend (seriously). We had an old board game with 2 of the letter tiles missing. We went out and bought a new "Deuxe" wood Scrabble game. It's fun because my mom had bought Michael Scrabble Jr. and after a few games of that, he said it was boring. So we just let him play with us. He's getting to be quite a good speller--better than his father Then on Ebay I saw a "Premiere" edition of Scrabble, even more high falutin' than the Deluxe version . I told Rick I want that for Xmas, I am such a geek.

Well, I really have to get the boy up and ready for school right now.

Hope to see all you other beautiful ladies check in.

Angie, Cal, Dips, Holly, Julie, and Kempy (if you're able). Have a great day.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:18 PM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi I am here too. I have to work but I wanted to get subscribed to this thread so I dont miss any posts.

I am not sure how long Kempy will be away. She has power but the power surge took her computer out.

Noelle, Your weekend sounds like fun to me. I told Jay the other day that people would think we are so boring to hang out with because we dont do anything.

Cherie, I am glad things are coming together for you and the girls...you all deserve it.

I will be back later
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 07:17 PM   #5  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hi My Girls!!

Cherie- I am soooo proud of you. You are doing fabulously well. You will be one hot little number by the time your reunion rolls around. Have fun with Alan tomorrow. What a wonderful man he is. MAke sure you show him lots of appreciation

Noelle- Scrabble for me is more of a mental fake-out challenge than anything. I suck at spelling thanks to microsoft word. ( gotta love spell check) So I bluff my way through the entire game.

J- Your poor babies!! Glad they are feeling a little better today.

Well Tomorrow is the first day of school. I'm very excited. I got my stuff all set to go so the remainder of this year should proove to be very interesting. YAY Education
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:29 PM   #6  

Dips have a great time on your first day of school. Can't wait to hear about it every step of the way through-out the year. You will do so well .

Good Night Everybody else. Have a nice night....
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning everyone! It's Wednesday, so that means the weekend is on its way here! Today is Alan's birthday, and I can't wait to spend this evening with him. I think I will go by and get his favorite beer and take to him. :-) I know he will drink it. Then off to dinner.

Dips.. have a great day at school!

Julie.. are you feeling better? I hope you and your son are doing much better... are you getting used to him being at school yet?

Hey Angie! How are you today?

Noelle.. Scrabble scares me I can't spell for the life of me. I have to sit here and look at the work and re do it and re do it. I normally keep a dictionary by my desk, but here I just go to dictionary.com to make sure I spell things right!

Hey Holly! I hope you had a great weekend!

Kempy (((HUGS))) We miss you and hope you come back soon!

Well, since I was going out to dinner tonight, I already got up early and did 40 minutes of step areobics. I plan on doing some treadmill work tonight once I get home.. just trying to counteract the dinner I will have. He mention italian, and that is a weakness for me! :-)

OK.. well, I better get back to work. I'll check back in later!

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:17 PM   #8  

Goodafternoon Ladies,

Dips hope you are having a great first day at school. Good Luck!

Angie, how are you? Are you baking up anything good today?

Cherie, Have fun out to eat tonight and enjoy a glass of wine. I LOVE italian food. Maybe I will make a big batch of spaghetti and sauce tonight. That is sweet of you to get Alan his favorite beer. I am sure he will love it. Btw you are doing so good excercising. It is raining here right now so I can't get my walk done. I was thinking of getting my treadmill out but I can't find the key that goes in it, you know the safety thing? I will look through the bazillion toys and I am sure it will turn up in there .

Cal are you busy with school? Hope you are doing well and the kiddos are behaving for you.

Thinking of you Kempy.

How is it going Noelle? I missed Tommy last night. BUMMER!! I need to send myself an e-mail so I can remind my brain when it is on. Have a great day and don't work to hard.

Well girls I just got back from having lunch with ds at school. It was really fun. Oh, I have to tell you last night dd and ds were playing in the family room and I heard screaming, my dd knocked out my ds front tooth and now the other one is loose next to it! I checked them the other day and they were not even ready or loose yet!! Yikes! She was swinging a plastic kiddie chair and he turned his head and bam! Poor baby, has a bad cold and that now. We have a friend of ours who is a dentist in the neighborhood so we took him over to his house last night and said that it should be okay.
Well enough rambling form me....Have a wonderful rest of the day! Bring on Friday !
Old 09-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #9  

Btw do any of you girls know which baby teeth are suppose to come out first, bottom two or top two? I was so mad yesterday when I called his dentist and they would not give me any information because he had not been seen in almost a year and the dentist was not in! They could have just answered my questions. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2005, 04:33 PM   #10  

Julie.. not sure what is supposed to come out first.. but Hannah's two bottom teeth came out first, then her two top teeth.. now she has another top tooth that is loose. (This is from the perm. teeth coming in). Actually, I think she has lost three of her bottom teeth. Sorry to hear about your son. I bet that was a little tramatizing for him.

Good luck finding your key. For my old treadmill at Alan's, we got a wood shim and cut it down to use as a key. Luckily, when I was moving, I found the original one, but the wood one worked just as well. You might try some cardboard too.... :-)

Yes.. I'll be having wine tonight and good food and dessert.. he has to have dessert! But I am planning on coming home and getting on the treadmill. :-) I want to reach my Friday goal, so I have to stay focused... even though I am doing a planned splurge tonight.

OK everyone.. have a great afternoon/evening.... I am out of here in about 30 minutes. I'll check back in tomorrow!

Cherie
Old 09-07-2005, 10:45 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone,

I was really happy and relieved to hear about Kempy. I'm so glad they are ok.

I can't believe that this quarter is half over already. The kiddos are doing pretty well. They have some issues, but they are much better, overall, than the group from last year. It's difficult to have middle school kids in an elementary school. Many of the younger kids, as well as some of the staff (aides), are intimidated by the older kids. In fact, the middle school kids lost some privileges because of behavior toward themselves, the younger kids, and the aides on the playground. They complained about the administration treating the school like a prison. I told them to quit whining and look in a mirror or at their friends for the ones they should be angry at. I told them that the administration didn't do this to them: they did.

Tomorrow I have an official evaluation with the principal. I asked him to do it this week because I have an awesome lesson dealing with author's point of view and comparing and contrasting points of view. I think it will go over well.

I hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy the evening.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:38 AM   #12  

Good Morning!

Cal... good luck with your evaluation!!

Julie... how is the tooth situation? I'm going to look at Hannah's loose tooth tonight to see how bad it is.. and let her "work" on it before I "WORK" on it. :-) She keeps saying its bothering her when she eats.. so it must be getting pretty lose.

Last night, I had a wonderful time. It was so good to see Alan. I ended up going to his house, and changing into a pair of jeans that I have't worn in a while, and they just slipped on like a glove.. it felt so nice! Now to move on to my next smaller pair of jeans! We ended up going to Bravo! a really nice Italian restaurant. I had a glass of wine, and a small piece of herb bread, and then not even half of my entree of spinach tortilleni with alfredo sauce. I even told them no, I didn't want to take the rest home.. I would only EAT it. We went back to his house and he opened up another bottle of wine and we shared that and just had a nice evening together. His best friend stopped by and we had apple pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert. By the time I got home, I really didn't feel like getting on the treadmill.. so I took the night off. Luckily I did do my 40 minutes of step areobics yesterday morning, so I still had a good day.

Today... just busy working. I am even looking forward to doing my step areobics and my treadmill work today... I must be sick! I am one pound highter than I was on Monday... but I am not stressing over it. I am still highly motivated and determined.

Dips.. how did your first day of classes go?

Angie.. how are you? Are you enjoying that new Truck?

Noelle? How are you? My sister MIGHT have to go back to Hawaii for her company to work out a problem there with one of their call centers. She has such a bad job. Two years ago she spent 6 weeks in Hawaii for her job (She works for a timeshare/vacation type company, Cendant). Must suck to have her job and HAVE to go to Hawaii. :-)

Holly... come check in!

Kempy... Hope you are doing OK!! Thinking about you and Joe!

Back to work for me.... I will talk to you guys soon!

Cherie
Old 09-08-2005, 04:07 PM   #13  

hello!

Cherie, you dinner sounds fabulous. I am happy for you that you had such a nice time. As for the tooth, the gum looks like it is healing well. I think there might be a tooth under there? It hit me he is growing up fast starting kindergarten and now a missing tooth, lol. Good luck with Hannah's tooth. I think the bottoms do fall out first.

Cal I am glad that the time is flying by for you. Almost break time! Good luck on your evaluation. You are a great teacher.

Well girls sorry this is a quick one but I have to go pick up ds from school and I just got back from the mall. I needed some foundation and Estee Lauder was running a gift pack special with a purchase. It came with a really cute little tote bag. Okay check back later on.

Hi out there everyone.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #14  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, checking in this Thursday morning. I don't know if I told you guys I had my work computer up and running again the other day...well, my friend came over again yesterday and did a little more tweaking and diagnostics, he said there is one file that is corrupted and is affecting the rest of the system. He fiddled with it from around 10 am til after 5 pm. Needless to say, I'm not really able to get much work done over there. I decided to stick around home today where at least I'm near a computer that works and I can talk w/you guys. I need to go to the office store to pick up some color markers for Michael...they ran an ad in late July for a crayola 10 pack for $.39. They were sold out for weeks, but I got a rain check and now they are in. The limit is 10 so I may pick up a few packs for spares. Well, that's about my exciting day. Oh yeah, we had to go and buy a new washing machine on Monday so I got a new Whirlpool Duet--which according to the commercial, can handle 16 pairs of jeans at one time. We will see! Oh the joys of domesticity.... (I've still got Scrabble on the brain)

Cherie, you did good girl, saying no to the LO's and working out before hand. Sounds like a wonderful relaxing evening. Congrats on the jeans too. That's hot!

Julie, your poor DS, that must've hurt! I think whatever teeth grow in first are the first to loosen and fall out. For most kids, that's the bottom two. Michael's two top front teeth are getting loose as well. When I took him to the dentist last month, the xrays showed the permanents under the gum, as well the baby teeth on top--he looked like a shark I didn't get to watch Tommy either on Tuesday. For some reason, the time or day just doesn't stick in my head. But! I did buy the CD Tommyland yesterday. It isn't that great, but I like him crooning to me when I'm driving around town

Cal, I don't need to wish you luck on your eval--you will do wonderful! You are an awesome teacher. You were right on when you told those kids to take a look at themselves instead of playing the blame game.

Dips, how's the school schedule working out for you? Study hard.

Angie, what are you guys up to these days... what's gas running up there in ME right now? and what does it cost to fill up your beautiful new baby? Gawd, regular right now is running around $3.10 and we're expecting it to hit up to around $3.60 next week with the stupid gas price cap.

Holly, how are you doing girl? Jump right on in and say hello again.

Kempy, hope you guys are doing fine and getting back to normal. Can't wait to hear from you again.

Well, I gotta go and check the dryer. Check back later.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:25 AM   #15  

TGIF Everyone... The weekend is ALMOST here. :-) Well, I had my weigh-in this morning, and was somewhat dissapointed. I am up 1.5 pounds from yesterday and 2.5 from monday. So that has minimized my loss for the first two weeks on Southbeach to only a -5. I'm not going to use it as an excuse to go feel sorry for myself, but hopefully I can get upset at it enough this weekend to really kick some butt and continue my plan.

Noelle.. congrats on the washer! That is a really cool one... I am sure you will love it. I hope your computer situation gets fixed soon.

Julie.. I am a Clinique gal. :-) I need to find out when the gift with purchase is for Foley's. (Macy's now) I think it's this month... well, used to be for Foley's, but Macy's used to be in August.. so I guess I better start looking. How is the tooth situation? Hannah has another bottom tooth that is really loose.... I had her work on it last night, but she didn't get it out. Maybe tonight.

Well, last night I went an registered/signed up the girls into Girl Scouts. :-) Hannah should have started last year, but it just didn't happen. So this year, she will be a Brownie, and Megan will be what they call a Daisy. They didn't have Daisies when I was in GS a very very long time ago. :-) Anyway... I hope they enjoy it.

OK, well, I need to get busy here at work. Payroll runs on Monday. I'll Check back in later. :-)

Cherie