South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 05:06 AM   #1  

Default This is my first post -

Hi! I am 3 days in SB. Just ordered the books last wkend from Amazon and don't have them yet. So far, so good - just dying to get the books and see the complete food lists. I have done WW in the past - I got half way to my goal and got STUCK! and very frustrated even though I was doing CORE and running religiously every day. So, I let myself go - and gained 10 lbs this summer. I am also a newlywed (wow) and have just been enjoying myself. However, I like myself more when I am being disciplined. Anyway, I found this site, have never posted anything and might just get hooked!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:05 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach. Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions Forum for the revised and expanded Phase I Food List which will get you started.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:38 AM   #3  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Welcome Donna!!

I'm hooked hehe

Angela
Old 09-08-2005, 07:57 AM   #4  
I vant to draw your blood

Welcome, Donna!

I think you'll like it here on the Beach. There's a great bunch of people who are very supportive, but won't hesitate to kick your keester when you need it! In a very loving manner, of course!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:19 AM   #5  
Kyemom

Welcome!!! Good luck, we are here for you!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:26 AM   #6  

Welcome to the Beach! The updated food list we have in our FAQ section contains updates from the official South Beach web site so it is actually more accurate than the early edition of the books. I think it matches the latest version though.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:52 AM   #7  
Slow and Steady...

Hey Donna!

Welcome the the beach! Congrats on the recent marriage!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Donna!

I think it's great that you are doing SBD...it's a wonderful WOE and can really change your life! That said, it's very difficult to do this without reading the book first. Honestly, I just don't see how you can--but I think a couple of people on here have done it. Just not sure how successful it was for them.

Do read the book as soon as you can...I think you might find that you'll have to do Phase 1 over again--if you eat even one little thing that isn't allowed, it can really reduce its effectiveness. The rest of the plan is not like that...Phase 2 is very flexible. But Phase 1 is meant to detox and get the sugars out of your system and you'll find that even a little bit, especially at the beginning, will slow that process quite a bit. If I were you, I'd try to eat as healthy as I could until I'd read the book and then start. Just my $0.02.

You'll find tons of great info in the FAQ stickies and lots of wonderful recipes in the Recipe Forum (especially for Phase 1...check out the Taco Bake and the PB cup )

Look forward to reading more of your posts...and congratulations on your wedding--when did you get married?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #9  
Who needs sleep?

Welcome, Donna!
Old 09-08-2005, 05:59 PM   #10  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to the Beach, Donna!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:07 PM   #11  

Welcome to the board
Old 09-08-2005, 06:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Donna, welcome to the Beach, everyone has already given you some great start up tips, but just to repeat - do check out the recipes here they are great!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:14 AM   #13  

Good Morning - thanks for all your warm welcomes! Got my book yesterday and read it entirely. I am very excited. I must say, not real hungry either. I made a "lasagna" using cooked lean ground beef, ps ricotta, red. fat mozz and ragu pizza sauce - wow, it was good! Today I am going to make a spinach quiche w/ a recipe I found at Walmart - from Kraft - official SB -ph1. Will let you know. Have a good day - I am already starting to enjoy looking in the mirror again!
Closed Thread