Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Week of September 5 - Helloooo???

Hellooooo is anyone out there??????

It was nice to have a long weekend. Emma won a trip to our local waterpark hotel (these are very popular in Wisconsin). So we went Sunday and stayed overnight. Well, I have a back injury and too much tubing and playing did me in. I have been in pain for 3 days. It was fun and as I was looking at digi pics that hubby took... he got me standing there in a swim suit. What a sad thing to see! The girls had a BLAST!!! I went down the toilet bowl thingy and it wasn't scary at all like people say it is!

I went for a nice walk on Saturday too. If I can get my back better, I really need to get in more exercise. With the walk and all the water play, it feels good to be getting some. Tho walking up the long steps to the top of the slides made me feel very out of shape. I know the weight will start to come off again if I can get my bumper moving. Daycare calls your butt a bumper, so that is our new word in the house!!!

That's it.... Come on out and play everyone!
Old 09-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #2  

Hi,

Jen-Thank you for starting the thread, I thought everyone was still on vacation. It soundslike you had fun during this long weekend.

I spent my weekend trying to help my daughter with her potty training, unfortunately it isn't going too well.She hides in corners and closets to do her 'business' , and I can't get her to use her potty . Any suggestions? Bribery, promises of gifts, nothing helps. I have bought books, for her and for me, but nothing is working.

I hope everyone is enjoying their week,

Sofi
Old 09-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #3  

Sofi - I am potty training my daughter also. She is my second, so I am lucky that she has an "older" sister to help. My little Kate is stubborn, but my Emma (older) is now taking Kate to the potty to "help" her. She knows that if Kate goes potty they both get a treat.

How old is your daughter? Maybe she isn't ready yet. Kate is 2 1/2 and just started having interest a month ago. She is still really stubborn, but we are working on it. At daycare they tell her it is sad to go potty in your pants and Kate doesn't like things that are sad. It is kind of cute!! Oh and she likes stickers so we have a sticker board in the bathroom and she sees all those stickers for every potty she takes. We also did a fun potty dance last night when she actually pooped on the potty. She refuses to do that, but she loved the dance, so hopefully that will get her going.

This past weekend we moved Kate into real panties and plastic pants because the pull up were way to easy to just go in. It's the next step. This step took Emma about a month to kick and then she was done. We are hoping it is that easy with Kate. She still wears pull ups at night.

Let me know if you have any questions on what I am doing. Just one week ago Kate was asking to be in diapers again. I refuse to step backwards!!!
Old 09-07-2005, 07:31 PM   #4  

Spent most of last week attending business meetings and visiting friends in chicago - probably drank more than I should have, and ate ice cream straight out of a bucket, but also walked alot and went out dancing. So, for my first real WI, I'm down 4.4! Imagine if I had been perfectly on program...
Old 09-08-2005, 10:48 AM   #5  

Jen-
My daughter is 26 months old, I am trying not to push her.Being a new mom, I actually bought her potty seat when she was 18 months old. I think maybe if I concentrate on seeing when she gets the 'look' maybe I can steer her to the potty before the damage is done.haha

Are the plastic pants uncomfortable? What stores sell them?

Thanks for the advice,

Sofi
Old 09-08-2005, 02:26 PM   #6  

Sofi, I bought my plastic pants at either Target or Walmart, I can't remember because I bought them for Emma (my first). I don't know how comfortable they are because I never tried them on, ha ha ha.... but I think they make Kate's bum a little sweaty. They nice thing about them is that they make her feel when she wets and she doesn't like that. Pull ups just soak it all in like a diaper. The plastic pants made my first potty train faster. I start with pull ups for a month, but now Kate thinks it is OK to potty in her pants, so we switched to real undies. Kate is almost 29 months old and we have been doing this for about 2 months.

Good luck to you!!! Being diaper free is a wonderful feeling.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:23 PM   #7  

Well after a horrible long weekend (program wise) I weighed in last night. -.8 for a total weight loss of 4.6. Being my second week I really should have done better than .8 but hey, I did not gain, right? My daughter is 2. My son was 2 when he potty trained. He just one day wanted to do it and has ever since, my daughter on the other hand shows no interest in it at all. I think girls are harder. Glad to hear everyone had fun over the holiday weekend. I had a lot of fun of course, I ate and drank too much! Kristi
Old 09-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #8  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hello all! Well, we have finally moved into the new house - picked up the keys a week ago and moved all our stuff last Friday - and today the internet was connected, so I am back on line. YAY! House is beautiful - it's our first and we are still getting over being able to paint walls and bang in nails, without having to check with somebody first And the best part is that running up and down stairs all day and stripping walls and carrying boxes is proving great for the weight loss!!!
Am just reading through and catching up on the last week or so's posts, love the potty talk! Hope all's well and BBL,
Old 09-08-2005, 10:33 PM   #9  

Hi ladies!

We just moved into a new house, too, Lollybird! Our's has a basement and an upstairs, so there's lots of real stair climing going on at my house (ha ha ha).

Trying one more time: celebrate that you lost! even if it's less than a pound, that's .8 pounds you aren't carrying around anymore!

Potty training is the pits! I've got a 9 yo boy and a 5 yo girl and had trouble with both until my son figured out he could pee outside...then it was fun. Good thing we lived in a rural area!

Well, I had WI today and was surprised to find that I lost 3.2 lbs! I'm finally 1/2 way to my 10% mark! so we splurged a little and had mexican for lunch! back on track tomorrow so I can lose another 3.2 next week (like that'll happen).

Joanna
Old 09-09-2005, 06:23 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Is this new house thing catching?
we decided to continue on with our bid (they had some stipulations)
and we find out today if we're accepted!
gotta hope in the shower bbl
Kierie
Old 09-09-2005, 08:53 AM   #11  
flibbertobbergenie!

hello all! wow, new houses all round! Joanna, a basement too? that's a lot of stairs! We have an attic, but neither of us has been up there yet. Maybe this weekend ... And good job on the WI too BTW I will def have to keep running up and down with boxes and see what happens!

Kier, fingers crossed the house comes through. We made our initial offer on this one back in June, so it took about 2 months for everything to be finalised. I don't know if this is the same as the stipulations you mentioned, but we have to get some work down on the house before the mortgage company will release all the money - new fusebox, clear the drains, and replace some brickwork on the outside wall. Hope it all works out - I'm rooting for ya!

Right - back to work! BBL
Old 09-09-2005, 10:07 AM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

just peeking in
I had a scale victory ( I love debloating) and a non scale victory
Scale victory I stepped on the scale this AM and it said 193.5
still up from 192 but back to being debloated and pardon the TMI at one with my colon
Non scale
these jeans i have on used to be tight in the butt and thigh and stomach
Now they are loose in the thigh and butt and comfy in the tum region!
ok gotta go work work work
Old 09-09-2005, 11:02 AM   #13  

Hi everyone,

Lolly-Congrats on moving into your first home! We moved into our first house in July and it feels great to finally have a place of our very own We actually purchased the house in February, but we decided to renovate a few things and one thing led to another, and we ended up replacing everything

Jen- Thanks for the tips, I am definitely looking for some plastic pants this weekend.

I am up 1 lb. this week I think it has to do with my MIL's cooking. She loves to bake fresh bread, and I let myself eat that bread, instead of my WW 1 point bread, quite a few times last week. I guess it's a red-light item for me, especailly when it is still warm from the oven. No more homemade bread for me. I got Wonder Light Italian, which is pretty good.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend,

Sofi

Last edited by WWnewbieNY; 09-09-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:13 AM   #14  

Congrats to everyone on their new homes! We are currently looking for a new home to buy.

KO - sometimes feeling better in an old pair of jeans is even better that the victory at the scales.

Going to a Japanese Steakhouse for dinner tonight. Anyhave any suggestions or know any points values? I love to eat there but not sure how to do it on WW.

Kristi
Old 09-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #15  

Hey everyone.... Just a quicky because I am running out the door. I have been so busy lately at work. My back is better... shewwww... and Saturday night my parents are taking the girls for a sleep over. This is our first time with out kids since New Years when my parents took them. I can't wait!!! We don't have much money to blow, but we will do our best!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Closed Thread