Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 07:24 AM   #1  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Wow! Have I missed you guys!

Hellllllllllllo, Sistas!

Boy, have I ever missed you guys! First let me just say that any of you who are dealing with the effects of Katrina, please know my heart goes out to you. My husband is there now helping with the relief effort.

Things have been absolutely crazy here for me. I completely fell off the wagon, got completely stressed out at work and have just been a mess in general. I'm back on track, though, and hopefully gonna stay on the train this time!

I hope you had a great holiday weekend! My son came home from Camp Lejeune for the weekend, so it was nice to see him. My best friend came up to visit from Georgia, but I didn't get to see her too much. She spent most of it out with another good friend of hers (she is hoping it will turn into a relationship one day). My anniversary was Sunday, but my husband's unit was activated late Friday night and he left on Saturday. He is a site supervisor and has a team of 4 guards under him. They are going from site to site working their way to New Orleans guarding energy trucks.

Anyway, I'm off to work. I just wanted to jump in and say good morning and let you know that I'm alive and have missed ya'll terribly!

Talk to you soon!
Aileen
Old 09-06-2005, 08:28 AM   #2  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

DIVA'S BACK!!!!!

Welcome back, sista!

I think it's great your husband's down in LA to help with the relief efforts. Lord knows I want to go (of course I have no training or anything...I just want to go help make it better). I'll be keeping your husband and you in my thoughts.

We're starting to get some of LA's college freshmen (especially from Tulane and New Orleans University). I kind of hope I get one in my class because I want to help, but just knowing that Auburn's opening its doors to these displaced students really warms my heart.

Anyway!! I'm really glad you're back! I know we've missed you here and were about to pull out the torches to come find you, lol. How've you been doing on WW?

~Amanda
Old 09-06-2005, 01:35 PM   #3  

YAY!!! Amanda is right we were about to get our torches and come hunt you down!

I am so glad you are back and I hope things settle down for you. I hope your husband is safe and that releif comes soon to those who need it. I think we all wish we could do more.

This is sad. Sitting here I just realized my biological motehr lives down there somewhere. I haven't seen her since I was 9, I talked to her several months ago. Wonder if she was effected by Katrina. She has at times lived in Missouri, Alabama and Miss. I never know where she is. She and my dad divorced when I was 3. I have no way to contact her, well I pray she is safe. It's teh most I can do.

Anyway, I am way off topic. I am just really glad you are back Diva!!! I hope you are back to stay
Old 09-06-2005, 02:45 PM   #4  

Welcome Diva! Back in the saddle again. I will pray for you and yours during this diffiult time. Your man must be a great guy!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back!! We'll help keep you on track!!

Thinking of you and your family, while your husband is away in LA!!

I used to live near Camp Lejeune. We lived in Jacksonville, NC, when my dad was stationed there, back when I was 12 years old I love going to NC, especially the Kure Beach area.

~Liz
Old 09-06-2005, 10:21 PM   #6  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Diva!!

Glad to see you back, I missed you, too.

You and your husband will be in my thoughts & prayers. God bless him for helping out in the disaster zone.

Ok, try not to fall off the wagon again. We may have to install guard rails to keep everyone on it.
Closed Thread