Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-01-2005, 04:04 PM   #1  

Default Need help establishing a routine

After taking about 4 weeks off of weight training due to camping holiday, I want to establish another routine. I am not new to weight training but would love to be able to spend only 30 minutes say 4-5 x per week. Can I see good results if say I do 2 days of lower and 2 days of upper? I used to do 3 sets of 12-15 reps but takes an hour and then to try and fit in cardio everyday plus raise my 2 kids is just too much time devoted to exercise. Any suggestions on how to squeeze as much in as I can in a short amount of time?
Gumbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:00 PM   #2  
Working My Way Back Down

Absolutely! I usually do a 3 day split, so one week I get two upper body workouts and one lower, then the next is the reverse. Right now the routine I'm using takes 30-40 minutes (and a lot of that depends on if I have to wait on someone to finish).
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:13 PM   #3  

I hope this link helps
http://musclemanual.com/_wsn/page4.html

do what you have to do to get what you want and never give up on you
flipafart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:28 PM   #4  
Mel

Pat, what you are doing is a two day split: you are splitting the exercises for all your body parts over two days. You lift three days a week, but it's still a two day split.

Gumbygirl, you said you want to see good results....What does that mean to you? Weight loss? Building muscle? Building strength? General fitness? Your specific goals really determine the answer to your questions.

I couldn't possibly fit an entire upper body workout into 30 minutes which would meet my goals, but I'd certainly be able to do arms or shoulders. So from my point of view, I'd say yes, you can do it, but it would require a 5 day split: Legs, chest, back, shoulders, arms and abs. If you worked to your maximum intensity and did a lot of supersetting, you'd be able to get it done and have time for cardio.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

At www.stumptuous.com Krista has several different splits ... two day, three day ...

On her home page click on 'iron'.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #6  
Working My Way Back Down

Ah, Mel, I never said I could count.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote