Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 09:58 PM   #1  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Delicious Licks - On Core Board 26!

Some new pages to scribble on!

Froufie
Old 08-17-2005, 10:46 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks for the new board, Frouf! I'm so sorry to hear that your cruise will not come to pass. Shame on Emily for not cooperating. I know that I'm not cut out to be a Mother because I should would remind her of this the next time she wanted something from me! Maybe you and DH should go away for the weekend anyway even though it's going to rain. Maybe being locked up in the room with a nice whirlpool tub would be good for you both!

Melissa and Sandra, it stinks that you both are unwell. There's nothing worse than feeling sick and trying to follow a program. All I want to do when I'm sick is eat comfort food. Hope you are both much better in the morning.

Angela, Woo Hoo on your incredible 2 pound loss! You sure are amazing at this when you put your mind to it! I think your decision to make 125 your goal is a huge breakthrough. This is certainly a decision you had to come to on your own in order to make peace with it. And you certainly sound at peace. I can't tell you how cool it was to see your tracker say that you met your goal. You are really setting a great example for the rest of us. How'd your Mom do tonight?

Kath, I get up twice a night to go potty EVERY night! Something for you to look forward to! Your life has way too much drama for me. My stomach got clenched just reading about it. I hope this new BF was just being macho for the GF and isn't really serious. Maybe he doesn't know where DS lives now? I hope!

Billie, I don't know about your old attitude but the new one is great. I have bad hormones too. So far I'm not taking much of anything. I'm always glad to hear when something new is working.

Cher, I would die without air conditioning. I don't know how you do it.

Rita, I missed your post this morning. My ankle is a little better and I was able to walk for 38 minutes at 2.5 mph today. That's a little slower than I usually walk but I stayed on for some extra minutes to try to make up for it. Here are some blinks for your weigh in tomorrow. Here are some for Chris and Chaille . Would you see that they get them? I hope you managed to get some water in.

I've done well today. 80 ounces of water, 16 ounces of decaf coffee, a decaf soda and now I'm about to go make a cup of decaf tea. My family room was supposed to be painted on Friday but the painter called and asked if he could come tomorrow. He's a good guy so I said yes even though he messed up my plans. I cooked tonight and wasn't going to cook tomorrow because I'd be emptying out our big entertainment unit and the other junk in the family room. So I got to cook tonight PLUS do all that.

I made a new recipe tonight, called Creole Chicken. It was pretty good. Jim and I agreed that we'd have it again. I have two other smoothie recipes that you all just HAVE to try. I'm going to post them on our board. One is Cherry Garcia (minus the chocolate chunks!) and the other is Wendy's Frosty. I can't tell you how good they are but just trust me and try them. I've been at this so long and haven't cheated with any ice cream in over 10 months. They both had a thick ice cream like texture that was fabulous. I had one the other day and the Frosty today.

Gotta go have my tea. Talk with you all in the morning once the painters get on a roll (pun intended!).
Old 08-17-2005, 11:25 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

i'm glad we have the new pages to write on. i was kind of getting lost with 25 pages on the last thread. thanks, frouf.

vickie, i'll go copy your smoothie recipes. my stomach is still upset. i'm tired of this. i'm not used to being sick. (i'm not a good patient either, just ask curtis.)

angela, you are a smart lady. 125 is very realistic. i had a ww leader say one time that she'd have to live on lettuce if she reached the low end of the ww scale. congratulations on being down 2 lbs. that's awesome!

rita, i hope you're not up all night after chugging that water.

cher, way to go on the exercise. i'm impressed. i need to move my old bod.

kathy, i don't know what to say? you need some calgon.

melissa, let us know what you find out at the doctor's. i hope you get in tomorrow. i'm still having tummy problems, too. curtis is now, too, so i guess ours is a bug.

frouf, i'm sorry your cruise didn't come through. maybe you can plan something fun around home this weekend.

got to go. i'll be back tomorrow. night night, chickies.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:46 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello Girls. Well here I am up at 4:45 because my stomach is burning and I have a sore throat. I hope they aren't related because that would likely mean my Prevacid isn't working. Maybe it's from all that bending over and cleaning out the family room right after dinner. Or maybe it's from the Creole in the chicken! Anyhooooooo, I just thought I'd pop in and say Good Morning before I go on to surf my other middle of the night/morning haunts. And to think I used to get up at 4:30 every morning!
Old 08-18-2005, 06:14 AM   #5  

Vickie, I didn't know you took prevacid. They made me puff & swell really bad. I retained all kind of fluid. Maybe that could be a problem with your weight loss. Try to switch to Prilosec maybe, they sell it OTC and it is cheaper, or better yet Nexium. It is more expensive, but it works all the time! Do not let yourself have heartburn, it can cause cancer and it ruins your teeth.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:21 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

I've been taking it for about a year. This is the first time really that the burn has broken through. I don't know if the sore throat is related but I'll keep an eye on it and talk to my Doctor. I've never had any burn in the throat before so I'm hopeful that it's just allergies or a cold because my nose is a bit stuffy too. It's hard to bend over the stomach that goes with 264 pounds!
Old 08-18-2005, 06:33 AM   #7  

Smile Good Morning Everyone!

I am finally up when I am supposed to be up! I got all my water down last night and only got up twice. I usually never get up, my dh swears I have a 10 gallon bladder! Today is our weigh in and I am not looking for a big loss, maybe a turtle, maybe up a bit. I can handle it either way! It has been a rough week with TOM and serious work stress and Mom's issues. I haven't been deep end, but I haven't drank my water except for last night.

Vickie, didn't mean to sound so bossy. I guess the heartburn thing worries me alot because I know what it does. When I took Prevacid, my ankles even swelled. There is alot of new research on the thyroid, check around on the net. My doctor still doesn't want to get my numbers down where they are recommended to be at now. Most tests they say if the TSH is over 5 you are hypothyroid, but they are saying now it should not be over 3 and that they should get it down below 1.5. Maybe print some out and take it in to your doc and have him check it again. At our age as women, we are very likely to have thyroid problems. Lordy, I guess I am in that know it all stage today. My husband calls me Doctor Rita. I do try to be knowledgeable about what is going on with our bodies, although I am not always real good about going to the doctor. You sound so much better. I hope your painting goes well and that you didn't overdo with the furniture moving. I am especially relieved to hear that you are ok back on the I know that makes you feel better! Thanks for the I will certainly pass them on to Chaille' and Chris.

Sandra, I hope you and Curtis are feeling better this morning. Don't your weigh today too?? just in case!!

Cher, no a/c? Lord, I would melt like the wicket witch in the Wizard of Oz.

Frouf, Whatever you decide for the weekend, I hope that you have some relaxing time, with or without dh. Does he ever bring up an idea about something for just the 2 of you to do?

Everyone else, I hope I didn't miss you between boards. I hope you all have a Great Day!
Old 08-18-2005, 06:58 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

You're not bossy, Rita! I like having information. I didn't know about the swelling. I don't think I am but then who can tell? I'm kinda fluffy anyway!
Old 08-18-2005, 11:42 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! I'm finally here after getting to work late and running to a meeting. Not the way I like to start my day.

Well, Vickie, so you're saying in three months when I'm an old lady like you, I'll get up more to go potty? I'm looking forward to it! Actually I used to get up several times a night but after my body got used to this much water, I guess it started using the water instead of just running straight thru me. It has been a while since I had to get up. One more reason could be that when I was sleeping upstairs, I slept more soundly and usually slept right thru unless the need was urgent. Now that I'm downstairs, I'm awake most of the night. Like last night, for instance. Ugh, what a pain. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. You too, Sandra and Melissa! What's up with us nowadays?

Frouf, too bad about that cruise. I agree with Vickie ... Emily might want to be reminded of it next time she needs something. But I know you couldn't go by yourself and leave her there with DH, or you wouldn't have a fun time at all worrying about what was happening back home.

Judd just talked to our neighbor, who is DS's old boss. DS's old cell phone is still up at the office where he used to work, and the neighbor said there had been 14-15 missed calls and a bunch of text messages. One of them said something like "I kicked your a$$ once before and I'll do it again". Nice, huh? He's bringing the phone home tonight so we can get the messages off of it. I think a police report is necessary at this time. And yes, they do know where we live because the ex-GF has been over many times.

I might as well try and get some work done now. It's gonna be a long day with no sleep and all this extra worry.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:50 AM   #10  

Good morning all! I just got back from a long walk. Ugh, it rained earlier, and then the sun came out. Let's just say, I'm well steamed now.

We're heading to Wal-Mart pretty soon, as soon as I cool off. I make a weekly trip, and really try to keep to my $25 budget. It's hard sometimes, but it's a good policy for Wal-Mart junkies like me.

Vickie, my mom isn't going to meetings right now. She, like you, was tired of paying to gain weight. She's going to start again in the fall, but she's staying on plan well now. She did try counting points for a few days like WW recommends, and found out a few things she was doing that might be contributing to her plateau, like she was choosing 2 point snacks instead of fruit/veggies, etc.

Anyway, I've got a lot to do today. We have to label all of dd's school stuff. Can you believe they make you label each individual crayon?? Crazy. Anyway, off I go to do something useful.

Angela
Old 08-18-2005, 01:47 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Labelling each and every crayon? I sure hope u got the 8 pack and not the deluxe 64 pack set!

Lots of cyberbugs going around. Vickie - hope you are feeling better. You too Sandra and Melissa.

Kathy - sorry you did not sleep well - I can sure relate (can't wait to get my thyroid checked!) I would also be very stressed and anxious with those threats to ds - how awful!

And I think I have the smallest bladder around - if I'm up I will constantly get up and go potty. Even during the day, esp if I'm drinking my water I am always searching out the washrooms - poor dh is amazed at how often I have to go pee!

Latest news: Looks like dh and I are going away for the weekend - altho he is *****ing about the $$ a bit and "why exactly are we doing this?" - so no Kathy it would never occur to him to plan anything like this. Going up to the mountain resort area - but it is cheaper as we only need a "hotel room" and not the 1 bedroom layout as we have no kiddies w/us. It still includes the continental breakfast, and we are paying a bit extra to have a little kitchenette area in our room which means I think fridge and microwave and sink/dishes so at least I can keep some water/drinks around and pop some popcorn if required. But there are some very good restaurants in the area so I will need to behave myself accordingly.

We do get some "activities" w/our plan like mini-golf and biking or skating..and definitely a ride to the top of the mountain on the gondola for the magnificent view (and maybe a sunset cocktail? ). We will definitely be doing a lot of walking and yes we have even descended the mountain from the top in our "younger" more fit days - takes about 3-4 hours but not sure if we're up to it. There is a smallish pool at the hotel so I can try and do some swimming if the weather is nice - very nice pool for lounging - hope it's not too busy.

And I am really trying to get back on track w/eating - had to fight the urge to get a muffin or cinammon bun w/my coffee this morning. And the best news is I actually WENT FOR A WALK AT LUNCHTIME. Yes packed the runners and walkman and forced myself out - it is still pretty warm, but at least not that humid. I did survive even tho I came in a bit red faced.

Lucky for me I had that barley chicken in the freezer here at work so I had that for lunch and now finishing 2nd water bottle. I do have some crystal light powder here ready for the 3rd bottle as I feel I will need a little help.

Let's hope it does not rain this weekend!

Frouf
Old 08-18-2005, 02:45 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, good news all around! I hope you told DH straight out why the trip is necessary. Ugh. What is wrong with men sometimes? That's great news about your walk. You should be very proud of yourself.

Angela, I'm sorry that your Mom isn't going to meetings right now. It is SO hard to do it by yourself. At least she has you to role model for her. I can't believe you have to label every crayon! My Sister is a kindergarden teacher and I'm guessing she'd say that's a great idea. I'm sure it'll avoid the fights later when someone breaks theres and tries to lay claim to another kids crayon! Sheesh. Not easy on the parents though. Hope you have fun at Walmart. I could easily go weekly!

Kath, you sound pretty chipper for somone running on fumes after no sleep. What does DS have to say for himself with all this drama? I hope your day flies and you can get home and get some much needed sleep. Is your medicine not working? I forgot you were close to my age! I guess all bladders are not created equal. I have mastered the art of getting up and going to the bathroom and going back to bed without waking up!

My painters are here and probably will be for a couple more hours. I peeked at the color and I'm not sure I like it. Oh brother. I won't be telling Jim yet. We'll have to live with it. $695 bucks but they fixed all the nail pops. I'm SO excited. It's raining today but is supposed to be 90 degrees tomorrow. Woo Hoo! I can go in the pool.

My stomach is still icky. I think I'll have some farina for lunch.

Talk to you all later!
Old 08-18-2005, 03:13 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. curtis and i just got back from the new outdoor range. guess what? he took measurements. i think he's going to build a walking bridge to make it easier for me to cross the creek. i was wrong thinking it was 5-6 ft. it's 8. i hope he builds it soon. we'll see.

vickie, sounds like you may have what i've had. my tummy's been burning a lot. i was starting (and i'm not positive it's not) to think it may be an ulcer. i don't have the sore throat like you. other than that, it sounds similar.

rita, here's some for you, too. yep, i wi around 5:30 mountain time. i'm hoping for a loss. any loss will do. i hope you either turtle or have a loss. i don't have tom any more so i don't have that problem. unless my body's doing something on a monthly basis i don't know about.

kathy, i have to get up at least once a night. i'm old. i think i'd drown if i didn't get up. but we've always thought my bladder was the smallest part of my bod. what a drama, girl! do things ever get dull down your way?

angela, i've never heard of labeling crayons. that's awful. how old is your mom? i'll bet she and i are about the same age. i'm 58.

frouf, your weekend sounds very romantic. enjoy yourself.

i'm going to go take the new neighbor's dog for a walk. i just love her. she's an adorable border collie. she gets lonesome and i need the walk. they left a leash out for me to use with her. life is good.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:19 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

billie just posted her photo on her profile. you can find her (gaga27) on page 24 of that core 25 thread. she's a cutie just puttering around.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:21 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, I'm glad at least you're not feeling any worse! I wish I had a neighbor like you. I bet you are a really fun person to be around. Isn't Curtis sweet to take care of you like that? Building a bridge is something sweet that my Honey would do. Is it kind of like laying down his cape over a puddle for you? Tell him he scores BIG points in my book! Here's your blinks GF for a GREAT weigh in tonight.

My scale still isn't moving but I'm trying to tell myself that it doesn't matter. I'm eating healthy and my life is GREAT! I felt ashamed of myself for having a pity party with Frouf and Kath having so much real drama in their lives!

Melissa, how are you?
Closed Thread