Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 12:17 PM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Talking Week of Aug 29-Sept 4

Hey Ladies Not much time at the moment but I wanted to start the thread and tell you all DH and I are waiting on an acceptance of our bid for a house!
What a difference a day or 2 makes
I will bbiab
Kier
Old 08-29-2005, 12:34 PM   #2  

Hello everyone,
Another crazy Monday, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I went to Stop n' Shop last night, they just recently opened one up near me, and I was so happy to see one entire aisle devoted to diet foods. They had Morningstar products I have never seen before, like Crumbles, I am definitely shopping there again. Has anyone tried Dr. Praeger's foods?

Kier: Good luck on the house

I hope everyone enjoys their day,

Going out for a little lunch-time walk.
Sofi
Old 08-29-2005, 12:56 PM   #3  

Hello everyone, I hope your Monday is going well so far. Mine has been crazy but I have been right on top of my points.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:04 PM   #4  
Canadian Chick

Hey Friends!

Long time no talk. Sorry I haven't been around. When we went on holidays our apartment was broken into and one of the things they stole was our computer. We are still waiting on insurance to cough up some money so we can replace our stuff. I'm at the library today so I thought I'd let you all know I havent' disappeared by choice. Its been a busy month. Other than the break in our holiday was relaxing. Some good things this month:
-my cousin & best friend moved home from Texas! We've been spending lots of time together even though she still will be 2 hours away (but much better than 3500 miles)
-we went to two weddings this month and had a super time seeing lots of friends and family. My best friend from childhood was there and I haven't seen him since 1996
-my brother's baby was born healthy and happy on August 21st. They had a girl and they named her Paige Lillian. She was 7lbs 7 1/2oz, 20 1/2 inches long. She has a full head of black hair and so far her eyes are dark blue but that could change yet. I will post a picture when I get my new computer. We've had lots of company this week because of the birth. Always fun!

As for my weight & eating it has been horrendous this summer. We're going away this weekend for three different family get-togethers so I know eating will be crap again. Next week life should settle down and I can get serious again.

I don't have time to check out all the news so I hope you're all doing great. I can check my email on my tv at home so if you want to be in touch you can email me there ([email protected])

Take care friends!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 04:39 PM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all, just a quicky from me. Work is BAD... need I say more. Big uproar because someone quit and another threatened to. All because of Greed! I hate people that just can never be happy. But alas, gas prices are almost $3.00 a gallon here in Wisconsin so it brings the evil out in all of us.

Hi to everyone. Hopefully I can chat more tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:36 PM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hello ladies! I just have a minute to check in. School started last week and things have been crazy. I don't have internet there so I will be checking in from home when possible. I am actually JOINING wwer's again this week. It has been years since I actually went and paid etc. I am looking forward to it and hoping to drop about 20lbs before TTC. I am starting either Fri or Sat and cannot wait to get all of the new info. Which program do all of you do? The flex or other one???

Jen and Rhubarb great to "see" you again. I will have to read back a bit and see what has been happening with you guys.

Hello to Kieri, Sofi and haylo and everyone else who will be posting! I will try and check back soon. I wish you all POP weeks!
Old 08-30-2005, 01:17 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Rina Becky and Jen-L Haylo and Sofi
I'm NUTZ The other guys realtor is being a full on Putz and trying to keep the sale of the house within his own office so My realtor is cornering the seller at his job today I hope. Stress? I'm in Sugar withdrawal and it aint pretty!
Rina I'm so sorry about your apartment But we can't wait to see pics
Becky if you can Do portion COntrol I liked Core alot.
Hey Jen-L I hear you on the Evil Crazies!
Haylo you're doing great
Sofi Tell us what the crumbles were like I NEED NEW FOOD!
bbl
Kierie
Old 08-31-2005, 11:00 AM   #8  

Hey all... work is still crap. I am waiting for my meeting this morning which could be bad. Gas jumped up to $2.84 a gallon for regular, $3.00 for the premium. This is very hard on us financially.

I am eating fruit when I get hungry during the day. Right now it is watermelon and grapes. The sweetness also helps me out. And I am trying my hardest to drink as much water as possible. Problem is that it makes me take potty breaks more often.

Hope everyone is doing great. I have been in a glum mood this week, so sorry about that.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:28 PM   #9  

OMG, went out at lunch and gas jumped to $3.20 a gallon. I know there are a lot of Canadians on this board, and not sure if you have the problems we do, but this is ridiculus!!! Does anyone in our government think about how this is hurting the working class families?????

OK, that is my gripe. I don't make enough money to support the cost of gas. So now my weekend will be spent at home. I am so bummed. Maybe I will exercise.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:39 PM   #10  

yeah, i just got home from the gas station. $3.19 for 87 here in Bloomington, IN. RIDICULOUS! It's been an expensive week so far.
I had WI today, down 1.8! I was up 1lb last week so I guess I'm back on track now. I'm a little frustrated because I'm on week 6 and I've only lost 5 lbs. I guess the slower, the better... right? Hey, at least i'm still losing.
Grace, Grace- I am currently doing the flex points and have yet to try core. I think I will do it next week, when I've run out of food and have to go grocery shopping. I have too many carbs in the house. Any suggestions?
It's been a pretty good week though. School started on Monday and I've been walking and riding my bike to class, so when i'm too busy (or lazy) to work out, I at least get some exercise in for the day.
Jen- L, I hope work gets better for you! There's nothing like an unhappy work environment to bring you down.
Everyone else, I hope things are great!
Old 09-01-2005, 10:34 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey ladies Just a quickie b/c I'm knee deep in . . .work yeah thats a good word
Kstarewi Thats great!
I'm down 3 this morning but thats still not back to my 192 but I'm almost there!
Cheap gas here (the non crazy pricey stations) Regular was 2.99 and the one where it was 2.97 was out of Regular gas
INSANE
bbl
Kierie
Old 09-01-2005, 12:29 PM   #12  

Hi everyone,
This week hasn't been the greatest for me either. But at least we get a 3 day weekend I have WI tomorrow, so I will wait and see.

About the Morningstar Crumbles- they are the vegetarian version of ground beef, it is ready to eat, and tastes pretty good

what I really love are the Boca Chik'n patties, they taste exactly like real chicken patties, and are only 3 points

I tried Glenny's Soy Crisps yesterday, they are great, taste just like rice cakes, but crunchier

Hope everyone has a great day,

Sofi
Old 09-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #13  
Running Babe

I think gas in Canada is = $4.20 US a gallon.

Anyway, yup it's expensive and I am thinking of sucking it up and taking the long bus trip everyday for now.

Anyway it's been a tough week... my Uncle died on Monday night. He had a precancerous form of leukemia and was given a few years to live 4.5 years ago. My mom is feeling very orphaned, since he was the last member of her immediate family growing up... That family dies too young. So I am sad.

Lisa: If you're reading this, I hope your family is okay.

Take care,

Ali
Old 09-02-2005, 08:18 AM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Ali I am so sorry about your uncle. that is so hard.
I want something happy to happen it has too!
I will bbiab project time!
Old 09-02-2005, 09:44 AM   #15  

Good morning everyone,

Ali: I am sorry to hear about your uncle, it is not easy to lose a family member, and especially a sibling, unfortunately, I had a similar experience, I lost my younger brother last year in a tragic accident, he was only 21.My prayers are with you.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend,

Sofi
Closed Thread