Old 08-29-2005, 04:17 PM   #1  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Cool Teachers Successfully Losing Weight/back To School Edition

BACK TO SCHOOL...
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:12 PM   #2  

Hey!
My condolances to you all beginning the new year. I am into day three with the kids. It has been AWESOME!
Then, I come home...........There are five teenagers, plus three little kids at my house. I feel like I am running a home for wayward youths or something.
Robyn: I have the Leslie Sansone walk and jog. It's not to bad. I probably couldn't do it now since I haven't been walking lately, but I am trying to get back in that groove also. Stayed up way to late last night watching Jaws 2. Didn't want to get up this morning.

Summer: Poor thing......Hope your dd will get back into the swing of things and not miss her mom so bad. It is only Monday, and I am pooped.

Sue: I know what you mean about the shoe thing. My husband is not very pleased with my shoe problem. Ha! Oh well. I guess I need to go to shoeaholic annonomous.

Michelle: Hey!

GINNY: WELCOME BACK GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!WE'VE MISSED YOU. Sounds like you got some much needed rest.

Tammy: Welcome! You'll love it here. I have a son who just started college. He is having trouble getting up in the morning.

Kerry: Where are you?

There is a line at the gas station because the rumor is that gas is going up 30 cents a gallon tonight. I hope not. I will not be able to afford to work before too much longer, or I will have to find somewhere closer.
I have eaten properly today, still haven't drank enough water. However, I have only had one soda today. This is a big improvement since summer started.

Talk to you all later!

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:37 PM   #3  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Well, I've been trying to get up at least 2 or 3 days a week before schol and do 1 or 2 miles, but I just COULDN'T do it this morning! Monday, and it was so cool with the windows open and I was so snuggled up in my comforter! NO WAY!! Then, I've been trying to do at least 1 or 2 miles right when I get home from school, but the kids need Mom to help with homework. So, before I knew it, it was 7:30 and I hadn't walked (which usually means I DON'T). But, I DID tonight!! I did the 2 mile Walk Away Your stress tape! Yay! Now I don't feel guilty and I'm still on track for Week 5 of the 6 week Walk Diet!

This working for a living sure messes up my free time!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!
I am going to be a lazy bum....and not get to the end of the last thread this time. Forgive me for not getting more personal than I will..... sounds as though last week was a busy one.

Welcome Tammy and Michele! I am the resident diesel sniffin' bus driver here....(you can tell when the fumes and or the kiddies are getting to me......I get wierder than normal). Glad you are both here. I have found these ladies to be wonderful company- very supportive and encouraging. It will be great getting to know both of you better.

Mouse- are you MIA??? Where are you working? And is your resident Imp back with you?

Kerry- you MIA too? You must be back by now......how is this year treating you so far?

Pam- that is incredible with the darn gas prices. My Dh mentioned that he heard something about rationing/gas lines in the future. Actually, gas prices were the cheapest in Robynland......(Virginia)- at least that is what we found on the way to the OB. Drink some water, ok???? (and with all those kids visiting, you might want something stronger too........how did the day end up?)

Sue- NOONE wanted to golf??? Shame on them....how are you doing? Guess you go back the same day as me, day after Labor day. Stinks doesn't it?

Summer (I hope I got this right)- noone is helping you get the junk out of your room?
How do the powers that be expect you to function in a disaster zone? When is your first day?

Robyn- so the crab made it to your house......hehehehe......glad I made your day (revenge is SO sweet!). Sounds like you are making tremendous progress with WW. Looking for a workout???? I LOVE their workout DVDs/VHS tapes. I have the Get Fit one, and for 35 minutes of sweating and hopping around I get 4 AP's. Talk about a bang for the buck! I totally suggest their tapes.....actually.....do you have a DVD player? They gave out a demo DVD about 6 months ago, I hear it is 30 minutes (earning 1 AP). I have never done it, for me it is a bang for the buck issue. It must be lower intensity, so for someone just starting out it would be good. If you are interested, I can mail it to you.....just gotta find the darn thing. Or, they sell two lower level workouts-Get Started and Get Moving. Ask your leader or one of the ladies at the scale about them. As I said, what I love is there is no guess work about the workout level. You know exactly how many AP's you get. And there is a bit of WW chatter going on during the workout - stuff about the program- just to keep your mind going too. Congrats! I am so happy for you that WW is working!

Me? Got another busy day. Dh went back to work today- and I miss him. (when the burned out monster comes home please remind me I said that!). I did my WW tape this am......gee it pooped me out. While in NC I walked 5 miles each day- despite the miserable heat early on. Ok, one day I cheated and walked a mile and then came back and kick boxed. (brought my DVD). trying to get caught up with the wash....and all the other stuff I have to do before school starts. Oh gosh, it hurts to say that!!!!
I am tired already thinking about it........

Guess I had better go be productive. Kitchen floor is a mess......Dd and I canned some homemade salsa the other day with all the peppers and tomatoes that ripened while we were gone.....and the place is a sty.
See ya later!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:10 AM   #5  

Hello everyone! Sorry I am not going to get personal today. My DH just called and said he can get into the sleep center tonight so I need to gather up some information for him. He is going because we think he might have sleep apnea. I am not sure if I hope he has it or not. It is serious but on the other hand they give them a machine that helps with the snoring! That might be worth it. Of course the sleep I use to lose due to his snoring will be lost due to worrying if he is stopping breathing. I guess it is a no win situation.

I feel everyones pain with the back to school wake up call. I know I'll be there soon enough! I love my job but I love summers so much better! I am not sure I'll have the time and/or energy to get on line everyday. At least the first few weeks while I am trying to figure things out!

Aren't gas prices crazy? I drive an SUV and I about have to take out a loan to fill the tank these days. I will probably have to sell it if gas goes up too much more. Then I won't be able to pull the camper next year.

I admire all you serious exercisers. I wish I could get motivated. I have lost a bit of weight lately I think (If I ever made it to my WW meeting I would know) but it is because I have been busy with school stuff and can't eat as much. If I could just get myself to exercise I could maybe actually lose the weight I gained after I screwed up my knee.

Okay. I am really worried about Mouse. She was not in a good state of mind the last time she wrote. Hopefully it is just the realities of work that is keeping her away and not depression caused by the people she works with. Did anyone check to make sure she wasn't still going to the summer posts?

So was anyone effected by the big storm that hit New Orleans? Does anyone have exciting plans for the long weekend (besides catching up on your sleep)? I am taking my children on one last camping/canoeing trip. We are meeting a friend of mine who currently lives in Oklahoma. My sisters and another friend may also join us for part of it.

Sue
MaintenanceMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:26 PM   #6  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Cool

I have an hour in between my day of workshops and tonite's class at SCSU, so I don't have much time. But, I had to tell you what Nimrod (my custodian) did today.

This morning we had our convocation with our new stupidintendent at the Arena where my DH works part time. Today he took time off his full time job to work at the Arena and happened to be monitoring the area where Nimrod was standing. Well, Nimrod had a box cutter in his pocket that he'd left open. When he went looking for his keys, he sliced his hand on it and bled all over the place...on the program, on his clothes, etc... He didn't move. He just stood there bleeding not knowing what to do next. People were looking at him like he was nuts. Eventually, someone told him to get it bandaged, and so he left.

So, do you think my furniture got assembled today? Of course not. The principal is doing nothing about it while all these boxes that I can't lift or move are crowding up my classroom. I was hoping to have them moved out into the hallway which would in turn cause congestion in the halls forcing my principal to get my furniture assembled, but that didn't work out. I reported the situation to my early childhood director so that at least she knows what I have to deal with and what the children will be facing in the morning. She wasn't too pleased. Tomorrow morning, 36 liddle kiddles will have to try to maneuver around the mess. WELCOME TO SCHOOL!!! Oh well.

Gotta spend time with DD, eat dinner, and run out the door again. I'll be back tomorrow to spend more time.
Summerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:00 PM   #7  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Welcome to Michelle and Tammy! Hope you enjoy this fourm as much as I do. It has been a lot of help with my weightloss journey to chat with these wonderful ladies.
I am a MH teacher for my local county school district for students in grades 7-8 this year. In the past few years, I have had a mixture of grades 4-8 in my room. So I am glad that I only have 2 grades in my room this year. I have 7 boys in my classroom this year. So it is challenging on some days to be around males all day long and than come home to my dh, two stepsons and a stepdaughter.
I am sorry that I have been MIA for a few days. I was very tired from my first week back to school and tried to veg out some this weekend. But really couldn't when my two teenage nephews spent the whole weekend at our house. And it wasn't even a weekend that we had the kids. The boys had their first offical football game on Sunday afternoon. They lost 20-0. But atleast our little guys got some playing time with the 3rd and 4th graders. I guess it is very rare for a 2nd grader to get much playing time during their first season of football. Last night I had to go to a meeting with my Local Prof. Development Committe to renew my teaching cert. They told me that it could take up to 8 weeks for me to get it and to look at not getting a paycheck for that long too. Once I get my certificate than I will be getting my paychecks again along with the ones I missed. So that is going to make things tight around here for a while. Say a prayer that I get the certificate sooner.
I went to TOPS tonight and lost 2.5 pounds. So I must be back on the losing track again. I did my walking videos every day last week expect on the weekend and than went to Curves three evenings last week too. So that must have helped me lose the weight this time. Let's see if I can keep it up this time!
Summer, hope you have a wonderful first day tomorrow with your kiddies. You could have them decorate the outsides of the boxes with pretty pictures until you get the furntiture put together.
Mouse, where are you? I hope that all is well with you. Please let us know if we can do anything for you.
Robyn congrats on your weight loss. That is awesome! Keep up the good work. I take it you are looking for some kind of workout program. I love Leslie Sanone. I would recommend her Walk Away The Pounds for the Abs or Walk Away The Pounds Express. You can do them at your own pace and they are just great!
Ginny, glad that you have been getting in your walking. I think of you every morning when I am sweating along to my videos. So you have one more week off than it is back to the gas fumes. What are your big plans for this last week?
Sue, so are you enjoying your last week before going back to school? Where are you going camping this weekend? Will it be your last camping trip for the year?
Pam, sounds like you are having a great year so far. I know what you mean about having a house load of kids. On Sunday evening, we had my two nephews and two stepsons and boy can they get loud when they are together. Are you working on starting your walking program again?
Well ladies I better think about going to bed. I didn't realize what time it was. 5:30 a.m. comes awful early on very little sleep. Talk to you all tomorrow. I promise I won't go MIA again.
Have a great evening!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:25 AM   #8  

Summer - As I type you are no doubt gearing up for your first day with your new students. I am sending you good vibes with lots of energy included too!

Kerry - No pay for 8 weeks? Oh my God, we wouldn't make it. On the other hand it might be a great savings plan! We are camping up north in the middle of no where in a place called the Old Log. I use to go there every year with a group of girls canoeing. It is also where my DH proposed to me. This is the first time I have taken my children. We will canoe on Sunday. Unfortunately I think we are a bit early for there to be a lot of color but it is suppose to be a beautiful weekend. I am pretty sure this will be the last camping trip of the season. Once school starts, I don't have the energy for such endeavors! I am really kind of dreading this trip but I am sure it will be fun when I get there. The kids will get a kick out of it atleast.

Robyn - I just saw about the red cross effort on the news today. I just can't imagine what it would be like to have your whole community wiped out like that. It sure makes Michigan's long sunless winters (our worst weather problem) look good. Unfortunately it sounds like things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. It is so sad!

Sue
MaintenanceMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:37 AM   #9  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Well, the school year is already catching up with me. I needed to do 1 more mile yesterday when I got home, but my 9 year old son decided to throw up, so he and hubby couldn't go to their meeting. It was to be his last meeting of "God and Me" for Cub Scouts, too! Hopefully, they can schedule something so he can get his patch or badge or whatever he gets. Without that last meeting with the pastor, he won't get it.

Needless to say, I didn't get to exercise with a sick child. I know hubby could take care of him, but he was calling "Mommy!" and I just can't ignore that!

Then this morning, I was just TOOOOO tired to get up and walk (and today is a 3 mile day!). So now I owe myself 4 miles. I see that tomorrow is unstructured, so maybe I can do 2 today and 2 tomorrow. We'll see.......

Hope everyone has a great Wed!

Michele "wave:
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:59 AM   #10  
KAR

Morning Ladies,
Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! My day is going awesome so far. I got up and did my two mile walking video and took my measurements to see if my new diet plan works well. My kids think I am crazy today because I have extra energy and am in such a great mood! But if I keep this up than their behavior is on the up and up for the day.
Sue I hope you have a wonderful trip this weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun. When are you going?
Michelle sounds like you have a wonderful plan on getting your walking miles in. Sorry to hear that your little boy is sick. Is he feeling any better today?
Robyn I can't believe the stories I have heard about the damage this storm has caused. I will not be able to give money to a relief effort at this time. But I sure will keep saying my prayers for the folks in the South.
Summer hope that you had a wonderful day with your new class. How did your day go? When does your little girl go back to school? Hope she is adjusting well to you having to go back to school.
Pam how is your week going? You haven't taken any more swims with Mr. Bullfrog have you? Your sandals sounds cute. I hope they are comforty and don't hurt your feet like your other ones did.
Tammy, I noticed that you were from Ohio too. I live near Chillocothe in Wellston. I think it is so cool that you live in Dayton. Hope your school year is off to a great start!
Mouse where are you? I hope your year started great with your kids!
Well I have to go to recess duty. Talk to you all later.
Kerry
Old 08-31-2005, 01:17 PM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Kerry- so glad you are back from the missing! Congrarts on your losing ways and your dedication to workouts (always a strong point for you!) Duh, I forget- what is your new diet plan? I am so glad you have all that energy- it is contagious! Keep up the hard work, it will pay off in your measurements and at the scale.

Michele- good for you getting your workouts/walks in too. One piece of advice, if you don't mind. I too have a goal for how much excercise I want to get in each day- but there are those days......well you know......sick kiddies (hope your Ds is feeling better!), crabby Dh, whatever. Then I consider myself lucky if I can just squeeze in a mile walk.......any more than that is gravy. Just do not want to see you set yourself up for failure-any workout is better than none.

Sue- how sweet that you are now taking your kids to the same place that Dh proposed in! (ok, now how you gonna handle it if he gets amourous this time!- or you for that matter!) Enjoy that last camping trip......hope the weather is great.

Robyn- every penny sure does count.....and there is a Bible story of a widow who gave only a wee bit, but it was all she had. And that was looked upon with more sincerity than another man's riches. Whatever you can give will be welcome. I too am sickened by this awful disaster. Can't believe the devastation. It will be years before that area returns to a wee bit of normal- if ever. thanks for the reminder about how much the relief effort can mean.

Summer- lets see.......want to play hide and seek around the boxes? King of the mountain? Gee, we could send Nimrod to move them- but then you might need biohazard bags to put the boxes in, should he attempt to wrestle with his box cutter again! Oh, hope today went well for you.....36 critters, eh? Let us know how your day was.

Walked a bit over 3 miles this am.....in the remains of Katrina. (basically just very windy). Then took Ds for his hair cut- ok usually I "pay" for every other hair cut and in between save the $$ and buzz it/style it myself. The shop owner usually does his hair- and he just had surgery so we used another lady in the shop. Crumb, I could have done a better job with my lawn mower!!! So when we got home (and that is when we really saw the dammage) I had to recut his hair.......at least it is even. Poor kid looked like a chicken with all the tufts hanging out........remind me to run that lady over with my bus if I see her on the street. Other than that a quiet day......gotta go vacuum......WW either tonite or tomorrow. And tomorrow Dd and I get our hair done (no NOT the same moron.......). I would like to look like a human being for the first day of school.
Nuff babbling from me.........see ya!
Ginny
Old 08-31-2005, 06:28 PM   #12  

Hey!
You know it is Wednesday, but I am worn out already. It's not stressful, I just think it's just the whole act of getting back into a routine. Also, I have made a promise to myself to not go to bed if there are dishes in the sink, my stuff isn't ready for the next day and my house atleast the parts where people see, is in some sort of order. Once I get hustling and bustling around I can't go to sleep. I still am hanging onto the remnants of a sinus infection.......The one from August which as Kerry reminded me caused me to fall head first into the fish pond. Ha! I sound rather like a whiny butt don't I? Ok, so I am...... I found myself eating a poptart this afternoon before I even realized what had happened. Geez. The time between when I get home and when it's dinner is awful for me. We eat lunch at 11:20, so I am starving when I get home.

Robyn: I understand exactly what you mean about the devestation. In 1999, we lost everything we owned with the exception of that stupid stuff you throw up in the attic to get out of your way, to Hurricane Floyd. Everytime I see flooding it literally makes me sick and sad, and panicky. We were lucky. We waded out in the middle of the night, and I was told by my neighbor that within an hour, it was rushing in the house. Your whole life changes. I will definitely be sending some money. If it were not for the kindness of strangers, we would have had nothing. My parents couldn't get to me, I couldn't get to them, it was terrible........

Ginny: Don't let me hear about you on the news running down some hair "stylist" . Hair mutilator? Hmmmm. When do you go back to school?
Read anymore Scarpetta?

Summer: Get rid of those boxes yet? How was school?????????

Sue: Camping.....Hmmmm, I haven't been camping since girlscouts.....Camping with kids? I'm bored. Ha. That would be mine.
I'm kind of with you. I admire these serious excercisers. I was getting to be that way until school got out. Now I'm a lump. I need to get rid of some lumps, so maybe I'll do it tonight.......................

Michelle: You go girl. That's a lot of walking. I'm impressed. Please send energy my way......
'
Kerry: No more run ins with the bull frog. Haven't seen him since.....
the day I went for my swim. I have a couple of little frogs in my pond, no fish and lots of plants. My son wants more fish. But, it's getting late in the season. Good job for losing 2.5 pounds. I just can't seem to get my act together. I have been taking my lunch everyday, and with the exception of those stupid poptarts, have been doing well. We are supposed to be going to Tennessee this weekend, so I'm sure eating out isn't going to help. I need to get on the ball before it's time to go on my cruise. I would like to lose thirty more pounds. Even twenty would be awesome. I only need to go down about 15 more pounds to be considered within my normal weight range, but that figure looks so far away right now.

By the way, gas has risen to 2.99 a gallon. They say that there is a risk of a gas shortage, because of the hurricane, so they are telling everyone to conserve down here. Of course, everyone is running out to fill up the tank. Apparantly, we get our gas from two pipelines, that have been down since Sunday.....SO, a lot of gas stations are running out of gas.

NINETEEN YEAR OLD FREE TO A GOOD HOME. PLEASE.......................
PAM
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:51 PM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Pam- and just what did the 19 yr old do to merit free adoption??? Can I make it a package deal and add mine too????? (guess who is sort of back with the Bf from ****) Anyway- hope you spit out that darned poptart. They taste good, but are SO high in calories (points for me). Hope your new organizational skills work for you- it makes life so much easier when the sink is empty at the end of the day and total chaos does not exist in the rest of the house. Helps your attitude upon waking too. Unless, of course that 19 yr old is good a demolishing the kitchen after you have cleaned it up. My family is so good at that one! Hope you are feeling better too! I hear ya, the strain of the first week or so, just adjusting to the school routine is challenging. I got a look today at my schedules (got the same route, so I drive for the public school and pick up from 2 private schools). Of course noone is on the same schedule- which means that Wednesday and Thursday I will be driving most of the day- one of the schools has a half day. Oh well- good for my sagging bank account- bad for what little is left of my sanity and order in the house! And no, I will not run over any hair stylists.....at least not this week. BTW, can you plan some sort of healthy snack for yourself, one that you enjoy and will kill those nasty urges?
I have babbled enough for one day!!!!! WW tomorrow am, after my hair.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:06 PM   #14  
Swimming Mouse

Hi, all.
Sorry, I've been missing. The school is still a disorganized mess, and I'm hating it just as much as ever (well, maybe a little less, because I DO have the kids now!). Let's see...
I have 6 kids, but none of them are with me all day. I have 1 planning period every other day, but I also don't have anybody scheduled for 2nd period, so I have like the whole morning free on A days. I suppose any NORMAL mouse would like it, but you must remember: I ENJOYED where I was working the last 3 years except for the administrative torture. I loved the kids, and was always doing things with/for them. It feels really weird to not be hopping all day long since the voc ed teachers only had 1 planning period... I have been doing some serious organizing, though... My TA isn't experienced with the kids, and so she's doing all the copying and making of stuff, decorated the room. Like, I printed all my grocery store units and associated worksheets put into a binder, all the vocab cards that go with it are laminated. The reading inventory I use has been copied completely through Level 6, and she put the student pages in page protectors in a binder for me.
Except for 2 periods (7 and 8), we only have 1 kid per period. Which also drives me nuts because how do you teach just ONE child? And of those periods, I only have the kid for like 45 minutes because he has adaptive PE the other half... AND then he collects attendance forms or some other "in-school" work job.
They really didn't need a full-time MR teacher. I'm dreading some of this because the other teachers are making comments (doing any work yet?), and because they aren't used to having my kids in mainstream classes... they want to put them all back in the room all day with me. For a few of them, it might not be a bad idea, but one of them isn't MR at all, he's just ED... lower IQ, but he doesn't fit the MR label. He plays games too well!!! I suppose he could be like one of my kids from my last school where he's primary ED and secondary MR, but I'm guessing he's just missed so much classtime for behavior that he can't keep up. And the other kid I think is more high-functioning autistic... he's very regimented, quiet, needs structure, etc.
Oh... and then we have the best part. I have a student who is from Central America; they moved the US in 2004. So he's been here a little over a year. He has picked almost NO English, and last year had a spanish translator. They took it off the IEP, and now the district heads are arguing over who is going to pay for the service to get it back. Meanwhile, he's with me for Academics, Community Instruction, Independent Living and Basic Skills (another academic period). The poor kid was in tears the first day, and totally shut down yesterday. I found some stuff I used with one of my students in my inner city school...they did the same thing to me my last year there, only the child was from Puerto Rico... and so we used some of that as a springboard, then made a language experience book. I found out he LOVES pizza, and likes to eat at pizza hut, so we made a book about pizza. And then we practiced reading it. I told him we could order pizza if he could read the book next week. I put English & Spanish on it for him, and picture cues.
I think I'll keep doing that... I doubt I'm going to be able to teach him phonics.. not yet.
I so VERY VERY VERY much wanted to have a year where I wasn't going to fight with administration and make myself unpopular with them in the first month of school. That is definitely not going to happen this year.
So far as dieting? Eating is fine... I pack my lunch most days for school anyway, so... I'm not drinking enough though.
Imp IS back home, he came last Saturday... but I need to figure out what to do with his litterbox. He kicks litter EVERYWHERE... and it drives me nuts!
I'll try not to go missing again...
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:55 PM   #15  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
I had a wonderful day with my students. It really got even better when the sun finally came out to shine. Since we haven't seen it in Ohio since Sunday. I went to Curves and worked out tonight with my friend. Than came home and worked on setting up my gradebook and entered some of my grades in it. Now before I make my lunch for tomorrow, fill up my water jug and lay out my outfit for tomorrow, I thought I would pop in for a quick stop.
Sounds like everyone had a good day! Thank God it is Wednesday though, huh! Two more days and than a long relaxing weekend I hope.
Ginny, I was given some Herbalife products to try. I drink a shake for breakfast and one for lunch. Than eat a normal healthy dinner. Plus I have a herbal tea that I can drink to give me energy in the morning's instead of drinking coffee (yuck). I just started it today so I will hopefully be able to tell if they are worth buying. If they are than I might start selling them to make some extra money due to my paycheck hold-up for 8 weeks or longer until I get my teaching certificate. My kids thought I was sick this morning becasue I was in such a wonderful exicting mood. I didn't let the small stuff bother me. Now when two fifth graders got into a fight on the playground, I was the one to break it up. So how many days until you start getting on your natural gas high?
Mouse welcome back! We missed you. Glad that you were able to sort of reach the boy from C.America by using the language experience book. That is a cool story! That should make you feel really good about being a teacher of special needs students. Today one of my boys that I have had for 3 years, raised his hand during classtime and stated a full complete sentence about his favorite game. I was so proud of him. Since when he first came to me he was very limited in his language skills.
Pam, glad that you haven't been swimming lately. As for your eating right after coming home from school, could you eat a healthy snack to tide you over to dinner. I like to snack on those 100 calorie packs of crackers or cookies, carrots, yogurt or a rice cake. Hope this helps you. Pick a day and decide that you are going to do your walking for 10 minutes and than after a few days add another 10 minutes and do this until you are at a level where you are comfort excerising but still feel a challenge.
Summer did you survive your first day of school? Or were your buried alive under the boxes in your room? Hope all went well for you today.
Robyn, how is your WW plan going this week. Have you decided anything about your excerise plan?
Sue, have a safe camping trip. Hope the gas prices don't put a damper on your trip. We had gas last night for 2.74 and today it went up to 3.09. I didn't feel like getting gas tonight since I would have had to go to the ATM and than drive back to the other side of town. So I am hoping that I can do that on my way to Curves tomorrow afternoon. I just hope the prices don't go up between tonight and tomorrow.
Michelle did you get your walk in tonight? Hope your little fellow is feeling better.
Tammy, hope your week is going well!
Well I better stop rambling and get my stuff ready for tomorrow. Have a wonderful evening!
Kerry