Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 08-29-2005, 07:01 AM   #1  
Mel

Default LWL # 218 Aug 29 - Sept 5

Whoohoo! Last official week of summer, as far as I'm concerned. It's overcast and wet here, but nothing like what Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi are getting. Anyone in that part of the world, please stay safe!

Had my usually weekend up, and will be fighting it down all week. I know I swore I wouldn't do it again....

Off to the gym for non-stop clients and LEG day!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 07:13 AM   #2  

Good Morning LWL. Sat I ran 18 miles in 4:22. Felt great - some soreness in my quads, but to be expected. 18 miles - how cool is that? The path this week ran through the path of my first 5K back in April. I am amazed how far I have come in 4 months. Then Sun I did something to my foot below the ankle DOING LAUNDRY. How sad is that? I work out 6 days a week and wreck my foot trying to stop socks from falling out of the dryer onto the floor. What was I thinking - that they might shatter or something???

So, today I will take it easy and ride the bike for my cardio and then a shoulder and tri day. Can I tell you how happy I am NOT to be doing lunges today?? Tomorrow is a timed track interval, but I'll see how I feel. Nothing special is store this week, and I am actually looking forward to it.

Kids in this area start back to school this week, so please be careful on the roads. And my heart and wishes and prayers go to all those in the Gulf Coast.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:43 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Mel -- I am soooo UP on the scale this morning I've even crossed my line in the sand!!!

Ellen -- OUCH take care of that ankle... This morning I turned my ankle waving to a man while running, I fell off the sidewalk, thank goodness nothing came out of it...

School, the most wonderful time of the year... My kids start tomorrow too, for the first time they are both looking forward to it they are getting bored... This is probably DS's last year in high school , it will be a full schedule for him... He's got a job as a lifeguard/instructor and some major courses in sciences and maths... DD well the social butterfly that she is she will have to schedule work, school and social events, it's a tough life being a girl ...

This morning I've gone out for an hour run and later around 9:30 or so it's back and biceps at the gym...

Have a great week everyone...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:08 PM   #4  

Hi,
I am continuing with my cardio first thing in the morning. Also, did rafting trip and i guess will skip UPW today as biceps still hurts and triseps too. It is down pour here, so I am safer probably not driving anywhere.

Hope to catch up tomorrow with exercise in the gym!

Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Pookie that is awesome news ONEderland!!! you well deserve it!!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:18 PM   #6  

Oh, Pookie, I am so happy for you!! Congratulations!!!!
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:46 PM   #7  
Mel

Congratulations Pookie
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:56 PM   #8  

Pookie, that's great news! Congratulations!

Ellen -- 18 miles -- wow! It was encouraging to read that part of the route was on the 5k you did a few months ago and how far you've come! Saturday I went out to a running store in Pikesville and they took me through a whole process to fit me into some new running shoes. Turns out I am an "over-pronator"!

Today was legs and cardio. I'm really working on my squats, and improving little by little. I work up such a sweat when I do even one set!
mscelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:09 PM   #9  

Pookie,
Congratulations to you with your Onederland! That's great - keep doing what you are doing
Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:46 PM   #10  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning LWL! It's a cool and rainy one here. But fortunately no hurricanes.

Ellen - great work on the 18 miles! Boo, hiss on hurting your foot doing laundry. We do stupid things to ourselves don't we? I cut my thumb slicing beets yesterday. Just had to see how sharp the blad on my new slicer is. . .

Pookie - Great job on 198!!

Tonight is a cardio night at the gym, weights tomorrow. I have 2 new routines (UB and LB), so I'll do one then and the other on Thursday. Am also looking into a newish yoga studio that's closer to home. I love the owner/instructor of the one I used to go to, but it's a little far to go. If this other one looks good, I'll try it for awhile. I hear they have noon classes which may be helpful (or not, hard to go back to work if you're too relaxed )

Have a great day!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 07:31 PM   #11  

Pookie, I’m so glad you shared your news with us, Congratulations!!!!!

Well, I haven’t quite gotten the hang of weekends yet but M-F I’ve been eating pretty clean, not perfect but better then I was. I’ve been right on plan today. Catching up on reading the posts has motivated me to get on my treadmill when I get home this evening. I need to refocus on getting cardio back into my workouts. I did get on it last week and had my pugs go nuts, Puppy Peanut was yapping his head off, at 5:00 am while his Daddy was still trying to sleep, so I picked him up to try to calm him down only to have CJ try walking behind me on it. Now he got the concept of getting on but he didn’t realize he had to keep his feet moving to stay on. What a site, needless to say my DH was less then appreciative and I haven’t tried walking on it again while people were sleeping.

Ankles are in the news in my household too. My 6 year old granddaughter was playing on a trampoline and was in the process of getting off just as her cousin decided to hop on. It didn’t pitch her off onto the ground but it did fling her to the point of breaking her left ankle. Not a bad break, but bad enough to require an air cast and crutches, 4 days later her Mom missed the last two steps on a stairway at the same Uncle’s house and broke her left ankle.

I have a new PT and I meet with her W, TH, & F at 5:00 am, so far I really like her, she seems like a really nice girl (the last one decided to quit after just 2 weeks at the gym) she really seems to be a sharp young lady. I’m really encouraged by the fact that she’s willing to come in at 5:00 am, I can do 5:30 but it really puts me in a time crunch to get to work on time, having someone willing to come in at 5:00 am without me even requesting it is really encouraging. It has been crazy with the turnover of PTs at this club but I really have learned a LOT from them. I’m much more confident on my form and I’ve just learned so much about variety.

TTFN,
Evangeline
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:54 AM   #12  

Hi all! Congrats, Pookie! (You look *tiny* in your progress photo) Way to go on sticking with your planned diet as well, and I hope your surgery goes ok.

Hugs to you, Ellen - hope your ankle feels better soon. Why is it always the silly stuff that we hurt ourselves on? Congrats on the 18 miler too, that's spectacular. I did 6 miles Friday and it felt great. I'm back to a 2 day split as well, and that plus 30-45 min of walking kinda ate up my morning this morning, ugh.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 05:41 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Well done Pookie!

I'm glad to hear other people are having weekend problems too! We had a 3 day weekend here and boy does my tummy know it now! I'm not sure if I've shrunk my trousers or I'm bloated...

How DO you deal with a weekend? My other half is away next weekend and I'm going to try and eat cleanly ALL weekend, just to see if it can be done! I might squeeze one little treat in on one day, but otherwise the plan is to be virtuous!

This weekend I went completely BONKERS Think ice cream, full sugar coke, chocolate, swiss roll, pizza, sausage roll, crisps, chips, more chocolate I'm so ready to go on the healthy things again though! At least that's one up-side. A bad weekend makes me more determined than ever!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:28 AM   #14  

hi LWL,

Pookie, congratulations !

Ellen, how great that you can now do 18 miles !!!

I've been absent last week because my son was on-line for most of his waking hours. Fortunately his school has started today, so I'll have some more access to the computer.
I faithfully did excercise last week, and did UBWand LBW. Unfortunately my scale is up, so now I am 5 pounds heavier than before I went on holiday.
Luckily we can now go back to "routine", and maybe I can get some more off.
On the upside, I really feel more energetic than i have done in a very long time, so that is good.
Excercise for yesterday was 1 hour rowing machine + staionary bike.
Today I did 1 hour run.

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:57 AM   #15  
Lovin' Zumba!

Happy Rainy Tuesday, LWL!

Congratulations Pookie! Feels great, doesn't it?

Tiki - I feel for your daughter - like Ellen said, I often think about where I would be today if I hadn't been traumatized by the "designer jean" trend in the late '70's early '80s. I graduated HS weighing 160#, but I was incredibly muscular (volleyball, drill team) and by today's standards, would be about a size 8. Nothing wrong with that, but I felt like a whale! Juniors clothing wouldn't fit me and thus I felt horrible about myself
Try to see if you can find clothes that will fit her body better - I hear the "J. Lo" line is great for women with "junk in the trunk" - like me - I think designers are finally coming to grips with the fact that women come in all different sizes.

Dip - just quickly about the BF - met him online (match.com) - initially May of 2004, but blew him off for someone else who only lasted 3 months. Then contacted him again in the Fall, but due to his work commitments, we didn't actually meet until late November. Celebrated our 9 month anniversary this past week. His name is Pete, he's 45, never married and he's a great guy, but a bad influence when it comes to food! Things are moving along nicely - we've talked a bit about moving in together in a few months.

My weekend wasn't too bad - had a free day on Saturday, then was clean Sunday and Monday. But, no workout Monday due to time constraints, and not sure if I'll be able to get one in today either - rain keeps me inside at lunch, so maybe after work? I'll definitely try if the weather coorperates.

Hope you all are having a great week!
Cindy
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote