Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 03:56 PM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default Hurricane Katrina...

For all of you in Louisiana........Batten down the hatches and be prepared for the ride of your lives...get what ever is valuable to you and BURY IT...PUT THEM IN WHATEVER HARD BOXES OR CONTAINERS YOU HAVE AND BURY THEM....you can go back to them later....My "EX" is in Lakes Charles, La. right now for work and he's just west of New Orleans...so say a prayer for him. For any and all of you in the path of the storm...I know what it's like...we were directlly hit last year by Frances and Jeanne...so believe me when I tell you to take anything and everything that's sentimental or valuable and BURY IT!! That's what I did....and it was safe and sound when I went back for it. REALLY!!!!! Stay safe and our thought and prayers are with you!
Old 08-28-2005, 05:28 PM   #2  
Workin' hard!

S/C/G: 228/228/165

Did you suffer alot of damage last year, PJ?

All of you in LA - be safe! I'm praying for you!
Old 08-28-2005, 05:38 PM   #3  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Yes Erin, I lost my entire farm. If you go to www.picturetrail.com/resler41 and go the the photo album that says "Missy and Pagasus" (my 2 horses)..it will show you pics of what it looked like. It was plowed down to the ground after being condemned after the storms just like alot of older floridian homes in the country. So sad. Anyway, we weren't a category 5 so the people in the line of THIS storm have really got to take extra precaution.
Cya soon,
Old 08-29-2005, 12:21 AM   #4  
Workin' hard!

PJ - that's extremely awful. :c( Are you OK? I can't imagine what it would be like to lose everything. :c(
Old 08-29-2005, 12:33 AM   #5  
Workin' hard!

I looked at the pictures. Your farm was beautiful. Your horses are gorgeous.

Are you going to rebuild?
Old 08-29-2005, 02:37 AM   #6  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Erin - No, not going to rebuild. I was only a couple of months away from a Govt. Grant for the place for my horse rescue and after putting all of my blood, sweat and tears into the place ... to have it all go away...literally...I just don't have it in me....atleast not right now.

So much is happening right now. My cousin from Boston moved to Fla. a month ago and we're getting a house together. She went to contract just 2 days ago and it's back in my old town which is 15 mis. away from here but it's the kids school district and a much better area than where I am now. Amazing what a few minutes and miles can make in "home value". Anyway, that was my news...I'm excited because she and I are like sisters...we both got divorced about a year ago and we both have sons around the same ages who get along great. It will be wonderful to have another adult to share the ups and downs with while being a single mom.

As for my ex...I'm pretty worried right now. He's much closer to New Orleans than he first let on and he has no way out of there. He went to Lake Charles, La. on business Saturday and now he can't get out. He's staying at a hotel but the buildings there are old, beautiful and historic..meaning...NOT HURRICANE PROOF. That's one of the reasons I'm up at 2:30....watching the weather channel. He's been keeping the kids and I posted but as I watch the weather channel...I'm getting more and more worried. He's right in line of Katrina...so please say a prayer for "Bill".

I'll "see" you all soon.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:53 AM   #7  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Hi PJ

Just being a "Nightowl" again myself tonight. Haven't been by here in ages. It is good to see the old nest hopping again. My prayers are with you and the kids and Bill. I hope that he will be safe. I am watching Hurricane coverage myself tonight...er this morning.

Take care
emmy
Old 08-30-2005, 01:39 AM   #8  
Workin' hard!

Hi Emmy!!!

PJ - Wow, you have quite an interesting life! The horse rescue sounds so neat. Maybe one day it will find you again. The house thing is awesome!! It WILL be nice to have someone else to share the ebb and flow of life with - good for you!!! That's wonderful news!!

How's the new job going? Are you still enjoying it?
Closed Thread