Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 08-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #1  

Smile Well-1 more day! It has finally hit me..

Tomarrow is the day. It has finally hit me that I am having major surgery! Of course, I always new but I kept waiting for reality to sink in. I think I'm ready, I have all my vitamins and all my groceries and I just need to pack a bag. I am spending all day today with the kids, I think you always have that thought "If this was my last day". I'm healthy and I don't see it happening, but I am going to enjoy my day anyway. Thanks for all your support everyone!
tfarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:23 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Luck !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:21 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

well??????? inquiring - hopeful - optimistic minds want to know!!!!

jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:00 AM   #4  

Hi tFarah, Thinking of you and hoping you are doing well. It's hard for me to believe that it has been 15 days since my surgery. I'm doing well except for constant nausea. Hope you miss this one-I think most people do. Anxious to hear how it is going. Each day will get better. Deevs
Deevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:41 PM   #5  

Exclamation I'm out! And feeling like YUCK

Well I'm out an alive-that is the best part! All the other parts suck. LOL Turns out I allergic to all pain medication and the ones I'm not allergic to don't work. Isn't that great!! They gave me the stuff I was allergic to for 2 days before they relized I was allergic to it-then they wondered whey I was getting worse instead of better-DAH Then the doctor came in and said I didn't get enough liquids and the anestesholiogist(or however you spell it) put me too far under. But he said he learned, then on the second surgery of the day everything went good, and of course my roomate(the 2nd surgery)-god love her-feels great! She made me feel better seeing her walk around. So lucky me-I get to get all better with no pain meds. But even after all that I'm glad I did it. I started craving food right away-not that I was hungry, and the fact I know I cna't have it-I still wanted it. Of course, I won't but the thoughts stay with me. I don't care though-one day I can have some of wha I love and still look in the mirror and look good. I can't really feel my new tummy yet though. I guess I don't kow what its suppose to feel like. I sip water and protein all day and sometimes I get a upper cramp in my gut but I haven't experince anything else. My back hurts alot!!! I'm not sure if its the gas or if its normal. Its a mid to lower back pain-it just feels like it needs to be popped REALLY BAD. LOL If I could control my baack pain I think I would feel alot better. Any ideas? The one thing that sucked is they had to cut off my new $70 permenant toe ring! Broke my heart! One more question: I looed at my water bottle today and it says 8 fl. oouce. But if I toke my 1 ounce measurer and fill it up 8 times it doesn't even come close to what the water bottle says 8 ounces is. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks everyone for your support and well wishes!
tfarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:53 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

hmmm t. just how bored are you??? filling up your water bottle with a 1-oz measure????? go get yourself a plain old measuring cup. i suspect the 8 oz bottle is more accurate. is the 1-oz thingy used for wet or dry? there's a difference, ya know. dry ounces are smaller [physically] than wet ounces.

so sorry you don't get to have those wonderful pain meds.... but ya gotta take care of yourself. you know that.

but also so glad that you're back, and reasonably well. that pain sounds a lot like gas, but if it's not gone by the time you go back to your surgeon next week, speak up!!!! it should be disappearing over the next couple of days.

thank you thank you thank you for checking in... keep posting!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote