Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #1  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Default A change?

I noticed that a few people were talking about it being difficult to keep up with daily threads and sometimes missing posts that are put up later in the evening. What about if we didn't do the daily thread and just posted whatever topic we felt like, like they do it on the general board? Like this one. And the one about our dreams. It's a thought. I think it might help keep things organized a little better and make it easier for us not to miss posts we might be interested in. What say you? Oh, but I think we still need to have a daily points thread and a weekly weigh-in thread. Whenever you come on for the first time each day, check to see if there's a points thread for that day. If not, start one. Misty, are you still cool with making sure the weekly weigh-in threads get started? Other than those two, I suggest we all just start threads whenever and for whatever topic we like.

Last edited by MaggieShines; 08-26-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:20 PM   #2  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like a plan.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:07 PM   #3  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Either way-- daily or topic-- is fine by me.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:48 PM   #4  

Sounds good. Maybe instead of daily threads a weekly one? We did that on the Orpah/Dr. Phil page. Sometimes the threads got a bit long maybe 4 or 5 pages, but not too bad to navigate and you weren't trying to flip between threads if you missed a day or two.

I like Maggie's idea of individual threads, especially for unique or complicated things. Like what you posted about not attending metings, Maggie. But if we each just have a quick hello, how I am doing, what's been going on kind of thread that's 10 or so threads to read and respond to.

So my suggestion...

Weekly chatter and checking in sort of threads to replace the daily threads and feel free to create new threads for thos ekind of topics you feel require more specific attention. Plus, of course daily points and menus and weekly weigh in.

I don't mind starting threads at all. I will be trying to get up earlier anyway. But if you get here before me feel free to start stuff.

Old 08-28-2005, 09:30 AM   #5  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Sounds good to me. I always feel like I'm missing something important because I'm always playing catch-up. If we have a more general thread, playing catch-up might be a bit easier. I'm about to post a more specific thread myself, hehe, because I've got good news. I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico!

Lol, kidding. *points to signature*

~Amanda
Old 08-28-2005, 12:38 PM   #6  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpurrnia
I'm about to post a more specific thread myself, hehe, because I've got good news. I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico!

Amanda... some days you are just the butter on my popcorn , yanno? You crack me up.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:52 AM   #7  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

*rubs hands a la Mr. Burns* Eeeexxcellllent.
Closed Thread