Old 08-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #1  

Talking looking for some support on my journey to a thinner me

hello all im shea im 23 i have 3 lil boys one is 4 the other is 2 and the baby is 9 months tomorrow ive been married for 3 years i live in california im currently in the mist of getting my realestate license but thats not why im here lol i use to weight 160 and i was happy with that im 5'7 so that looked good on me im a curvey woman so that was goood i weight 234 now and i dont want to weigh this much anymore i want to be in shape i want to be able to run around with my kids and play with them i want to feel sexy so if anyone can give me some help are support please do i open for all option thank u
dyintobethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #2  

Hi, My name is Dale and I have been on the same journey for quite some time and have lost over 40 pounds. My highest was 187 and I am only 5'3. I now am aiming to lose the last 30 and would love a partner. I have been on this website for a long time and found the women very inspirational. I know what you mean about feeling sexy again, I am just starting to feel like I am a normal human being again and not someone whom people would actually bump into for lack of noticing me.

I have a 11 year old daughter and am 33 years old. I know to you that probably sounds ancient but I remember when I was 23 and I feel younger today than I did back then Congrats on working towards your license.

I have just this year began to become more and more independant and I think the weightloss has alot to do with it. I joined Curves and if you have one in your area you should check it out. The exercise is not too hard and you get to meet women that are in the same boat. It can be very social and when I am there I considered it my oasis from the rest of my world.

Look forward to taking your trip with you...keep coming back okay?

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:08 PM   #3  

Hey Shea, I'm also 23 and we are around the same weight. I've been looking for a buddy for awhile. I'm down from 246 even though its taken almost 10 months for me to lose it, I'm a really slow loser. If your interested, send me a note. If not, good luck with your weight loss! It's not easy, but you can do it.
Universityprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 07:57 PM   #4  

thank both of you for writing i appericate it becasue i want to get real this time i want to be serious i want to lose weight and i know with support i can do it so please keep posting
Old 08-24-2005, 08:19 PM   #5  

Hi. I'd like to join in here too. Pretty new to this forum. My name is Jenny, 29, and mom of two boys 1 & 2. I started at 219lbs. and have got down to 189lbs. I'm ready to do this too, but I am in need of support too. My hubby is great, but just does not get it. He has about 10% fat, eats what he wants and nothing matter.

I have been Atkins, it's the best "diet" for me because I actually do not feel hungry all the time. Also it has helped me curb my sweet cravings, which was my biggest problem. I have joined Curve's and go 4-5x's a week. The family also joined a gym where I go and do 30min. of cardio 4x's a week.

Looking forward to getting to know you and support us in this journey.

Jenny

Last edited by proudmama; 08-24-2005 at 08:22 PM.
proudmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:25 PM   #6  

i no what you mean jenny my husband is the same way hes so skinny he doesnt understand he tell me babe you look fine just tha way you are and hes said it so much i think he believes it lol anyway welcome to the group
Old 08-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #7  

dale you made me laugh that doesnt seem ancient at all that seems how old i feel i love this website i like the replies i get make they motivate me to want to lose weight and share my storie i hope one day to be dowm to my goal size and looking nice i want so bad to get in to a mini skirt are a bikini one day i want to hurry up and do it befor i let my 20s past be by and im too old to act young and i know you feel younger cause loosing weight does that to you so congrads on your weightloss and keep me informed on how your doing
Old 08-26-2005, 04:50 AM   #8  

Jenny, I know what you mean by someone not really understanding the struggle. I had (we split) a...friend who was a vegetarian...He would randomly drop weight. One day, he was like "yeah, I lost 19 pounds!" WTH!!!! Mind you, he was NOT trying to lose weight. Here I was actually trying and lost a good pound to .5 pound a week. He was excited because he got down to some incredibly low number of body fat...something like 5%, he runs and lifts weights...Men get on my nerves with there weight loss!
Old 08-26-2005, 12:47 PM   #9  

Good morning ladies. Just checking in to say hi, and see how everyone is doing.

It's been such a busy week for me, glad I'm off work today and the weekend, need a little relaxing time.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jenny
proudmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:34 PM   #10  

Hi all, My hubby is the same, he eats nothing but junk and stays skinny. But like Shea he has NEVER said one negitive thing about my weight and and always told me I am beautiful. I met him when I was 135 lbs and ballooned to a whopping 187 and treated me the same at both times. Now he says how proud of me he is for accomplishing something I wanted to do.

I am doing low carb and exercise and it seems to be working well for me. I have never been a fan of sweets and don't miss them at all. The grease is what I miss the most.

Hope you all are doing well.

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:09 AM   #11  

I understand that Dale. My ex-friend...I really don't know what to call him...anyhoo, he was very supportive of my weight loss, but he said some negative things in the beginning before he actually saw me. He didn't know that I was a big girl, and he kept talking about how he didn't like big girls. I always defended big girls no matter what, then I finally told him. After he saw me he said he found me attractive, but I cant help but wonder if he was just trying to get the foot out of his mouth...