Old 08-26-2005, 01:07 AM   #1  
Losing Again!

Default Intermission is Over!!!!

Hello again! I've been lurking around the last week or so, and have been getting my act back together. It's good to see some old familiar faces, and lots of new ones too.

So, several years ago, I decided I'd had enough. I was overweight, tired and not happy with things. I joined WW, and after about a year and a half, I'd taken off about 85 pounds or so. Then abou this time last year, I started to realize that my life was going to change big time in the near future.

I left two jobs I loved, a home close to my parents (relatively), and any sense of security I had, packed it up and moved to Colorado, with nothing waiting for me except an empty apartment and about two friends in the whole state. I made the apartment cozy, and landed a great job, and kinda just forgot about working to lose the rest of the weight I wanted to take off. I gained about 10 or so back, and now I've decided it's time to get busy again and take the other 80-85 off.

I joined a gym tonight. It's fabulous, and only 3 blocks from my office. I drive past it twice a day, so will be riddled with guilt if I skip too often. They have tons of equipment plus a jaccuzi and steam room in the locker room!!!!!!

So folks, it's good to be back
Daners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:33 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I was wondering what happened to you a few weeks ago--welcome back!!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:52 AM   #3  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Nice to meet you! Welcome back, I look forward to getting to know you.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back. I just want to say that it is awesome that you only gained 10 pounds back in all this time. Some of your healthy habits must've traveled with you to Colorado. It looks like you are off to a great start to get the rest of the weight off.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:59 PM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hey welcome back. It's old home week here with everyone coming back. Let's see we have you, Tammy, Matt, Celina. Who else will show up.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #6  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome back! It's terrific that you didn't gain more back during all that emotional upheaval.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #7  

Ahhh, Daners! Welcome back! Talk about some life changes, wow! I'm glad you decided it was time to kick this weight loss thing in gear again and come back to your 3fc family to support you. Please jump right back in, it's good to have you back!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:22 PM   #8  
Crazy Canuck

So nice to see you back, Daners and great to hear how well your life is going!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:32 PM   #9  
Downsizing Dee!

Welcome back - I don't remember you because I'm new around here but I just wanted to say hello.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:38 PM   #10  
Losing Again!

Thanks! I've been meaning to come back for quite a while, but the summer was crazy! I have a regular office job 8-5 M-F, and then from May-mid August, I spent every weekend on the river either training to be a raft guide, or guiding trips. So I gave myself the summer to just enjoy and now I'm back.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:13 PM   #11  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Welcome Back Dana!! It's great to see you! I love your picture
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 06:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Dana, welcome back!! I've been wondering how you've been doing after your Colorado move. Congrats on the great job. Have you had time to do any hiking, too? What river are you running?

Glad you're back in the fold.

Hey, Howie, you mentioned Tammy. I didn't see a post by Tammy??
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:41 PM   #13  
Losing Again!

Sheila, I was running Brown's Canyon on the Arkansas River, but the season is over. Tomorrow night is the first Saturday night since April when I'm planning to sleep in my bed, as opposed to my tent or my car!

I haven't been out hiking yet, there were only three weeks between the end of the ski/snowboard season and the beginning of the river running/training and such. I am planning to get out tomorrow. I have a 5 mile round trip hike planned, we'll see how it goes.

I managed a half hour and 2.5 miles on the elliptical this morning, so I'm not as out of shape as I thought...for me
Old 08-26-2005, 10:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

How cool! My DH used to run that, too (in a raft that wasn't self-bailing), and did Royal Gorge once. He got hooked on rafting when we lived in CO, and rafted almost every weekend when we moved to Idaho.

If you like backpacking, I highly recommend Mt. Zirkel Wilderness Area. The Loch in the Park is a nice area, and the steep climb at the beginning weeds out the tourists. After the tourists leave, Emerald Lake (starting at Bear Lake, which is always really crowded) is a fun hike, too. My DH always wanted to hike in the Never Summer Range, hiking along the Grand Ditch. Now that you're a Coloradan, you'll have to start doing 14ers.

We used to do an annual trek after work to Rocky Mtn. National Park in the fall to hear the elk bugle--we'd leave work early, grab a Subway sandwich and park by the side of the road at the elk meadows. I really miss doing that. Although I hate snow with a passion, I thoroughly enjoyed living in Colorado for four years (we lived in Ft. Collins).

Just curious how the altitude affected you at the beginning? I had a week of headaches and sleepiness before I acclimated. Oh, and if you're a reader, have you been to the Tattered Cover in Cherry Creek? Great bookstore.

With all that outdoor activity, you're going to make your goal weight in no time!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:40 PM   #15  
Losing Again!

I can't imagine running Browns in high water without a self-bailing boat!

I really didn't have many issues with the altitude. The only time I noticed was in January or February when I went to snowboard with a friend at Monarch (west of Salida). The parking lot there is above 11,000 feet if I remember right. That was work. Otherwise, nothing really.

I've been to the Loch...as a child. I remember hiking the switchbacks with my dad. I've often entertained the thought of climbing some 14'ers, Longs is the one that pops into my head most often, but I'm not sure I'm really the climbing type. But I also didn't think I was the snowboarding kind, or the river guide kind either, so who knows.

Thanks for the tips on things to do around here. I have friends coming out for the Elk Bugling this fall. I'm super excited to go up to RMNP when the aspen trees turn.