Old 08-25-2005, 04:01 PM   #1  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Stretch Mark Gripe

Hello everyone! I'm not really gripping *I'm in a great mood today!* but more commenting on something I noticed last time I lost weight and this time...

How fair is it that we get stretch marks when we gain weight and also when we lose? Anyone else experience this? Anyone have any funny stories about losing weight?

I can somehow look at myself and not feel so terrible about the way I let myself get because I'm doing something about it now. I almost *almost* find how jiggly I'm getting compared to pre-exercise amusing. At least my fat's doing something! Hope to hear from some people. Have a great day!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 05:17 PM   #2  

Oh do I hear you on this!!!!! I have them on my stomach, my arms, on my sides....the only good thing is that they are a physical reminder that my body is changing. I am lucky in that mine are white-ish and shiny, they're not purple.

I got my first stretch marks on my breasts at age 14, and they were deep purple, it was so embarrassing!!!! I thought only pregnant women got them, and here I am at 33 with millions of em!!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 05:56 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Boobs here too. Those we my first.

What I hate is when you squish stretch marks together with your hands in the mirror - how bad they look.... hmmm, probably should stop doing that.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:58 AM   #4  
Laura

Jessica!

I had a lot of them growing up too - on the inside of my knees, my arms - I grew fast. They have all completely faded. Now, after having had two children, I have TONS of them - it's horrible - I don't think they'll ever go away.

I guess my bid for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition is out. <sigh>

alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:10 AM   #5  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

I got my first stretch marks at age 12, when I gained 20 lbs in a few short months. I've been sprouting new ones ever since, and since having kids I have even more!
Now that I've been losing weight for the first time in my life, I've been getting some ugly "shrink marks" (as I prefer to call them-LOL) on my upper arms near my arm pits. Happily they have faded a lot and I'm sure in another couple of months I'll hardly be able to see them. The ones I have elsewhere, like on my tummy and breasts, should do the same **I hope**. And I've noticed them on my thighs too. ACK! Now if only I had $1 for each mark... I'd be a wealthy woman!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:37 AM   #6  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

You guys crack me up! I like that... shrink marks...lol
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:48 AM   #7  
Lifeishort, Operaislong

Default Strech mark club

I also got my first on my breasts and thighs when i was about 11 years old. At the time I thought they were sort of cool, believe it or not. Until someone explained to me what they were and WHY they were. *sigh* Another case of childhood wonderment quashed by harsh reality.

Now that I have lost some weight, I have been battling the stretching and the marks with cocoa butter, with decent success. I have been looking at some products which are supposed to reduce scarring (Derma-something), and wondered if those would help. Has anyone tried them with any success?
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:01 PM   #8  

I don't really remember when I got my strech marks, I think I may have been born with them!! I have even gotten one or two shrink marks now, go figure?! I say bring it on, what worse damage could I possibly do to my poor skin now? It is kind of ironic to be more jiggly now than before, though, isn't it?

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #9  
Crazy Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica
What I hate is when you squish stretch marks together with your hands in the mirror
Thanks, Jessica - naturally I was compelled to try that, even though I knew it would result in a huge, ewwwwwwww (I did it with my tummy)
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:34 PM   #10  
Downsizing Dee!

I got em too - everywhere. My stomach is the worst. They don't really bother me - the fatness bothers me more

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #11  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Jessica!

I have tons of stretch marks and although I think they're ugly, I accept that they're just one more part of who I am. I'm not gonna stress about them, or the wibbly tummy and thighs that have reared their head over the last few months. Hubby thinks these things are all cute! Weirdo!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote