View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 03:11 PM   #4
marbleflys
prepare for the BEST time

hmmm? I work in the medical community and deal with many docs. Some of them have a different *focus* (i'm being polite here) and simply put, just don't have social skills, it is a point they are now teaching in medical school....(learning to communicate with your patient on a personal level, being informative without being abrasive, etc.)

I utilize the OB/gyn department and made an appt. for a check-up and BC prescrip. The doctor was UNBELIEVABLY rude...and I'm not sensitive....first he asked me WHY I didn't just get an internal exam from my BF (who's a physician, but a completely different specialty...what am I supposed to do? ask him to do this on my kitchen table before dinner?). The exam was finished very quickly and I asked the OB/gyn to examine my breasts....he said "I did", I said, "no you didn't", he said "I did and you have very PINK nipples"...I took my scrip and left, only returning for a urine culture for UTI and some meds...never again. Sometimes the doctors are real jerks.