Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 02:43 AM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Talking Weekly thread Aug 22-28

Good morning everybody! And good morning especially to Kelly and Jen - if you're reading this, you must have found us, so make sure and post

Just kicking things off, really - I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was quiet because DH was ill with a tummy bug, so I spent my time sorting boxes for our house move which is now down for Friday (26th) - fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong before then...

Oh, and WI was this morning and I am down 1.5 for 8lb total since I rejoined WW. I got a silver star on my online WW tracker AND it's a new decade on my tracker below! Yay! had been anticipating staying the same or even a gain because that's what it looked like yesterday ... I guess that is why they tell us not to spend all week hopping on and off the scales

See y'all later!
Old 08-22-2005, 10:41 AM   #2  

Hey Lx, thanks for the invite! Hi to everyone else too!
I actually had no hope for this week until I jumped on here this morning, so I already know it will be a big help. This week has been so horrible for me. I just moved back to my college town and went out and drank a little too much on 3 occasions. On top of that, I am eating the pizza and mexican I haven't had for over a year because I was in Spain all last year. I am chalking this week up for a gain, but I will try to eat my best for the remaining 3 days until WI. I'm going on a long bike ride today to make myself feel a little better. Self control from now on!
Old 08-22-2005, 11:01 AM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Kelly, glad you found us - this is a really great group, you'll love it here

BTW, where in Spain were you? I teach Spanish and try and get out there when I can - usually to Galicia, but sometimes to Madrid. I hope you had a fab time - I am suffering from Spain withdrawal symptoms right now
Old 08-22-2005, 11:06 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all... Just a quicky this morning because I am supposed to be working!!! I started a new Recipe thread since that is what I am known for. Please share!!!

I exercised this weekend. So very proud of myself. I am still afraid to weigh tho, I do it as little as possible!!! I love seeing the numbers go down, but if they don't, I get frustrated very easy. So I do it maybe once a month.

HI HI to the newbies!!!
Old 08-22-2005, 12:50 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies Crazy wacked out Weekend for me
I worked and played
Baseball game in Philly Sat night and ahem Cheesesteak *coughcough*
Sunday we went to see Mom and gram which was good
adn we're looking to buy a house/condo
Everythings moving so fast!
Hi Kelly Welcome
Hey Jen an dLolly I'll bbl
Kierie
Old 08-22-2005, 12:57 PM   #6  

Hallo Ladies.

My weekend was great I was full OP (besides the monster-schnitzel on friday). And I had a lot of workout. Saturday I had cheer-training and te 15 minutes on the stairmaster and after that 45 minutes Cindy Crawford DVD.

Sunday I justed moved on the couch and did nothing. I could not move. My muscles ached very much. But If I will become an aerobic-instructor, I have to move my *** and catch condition!!!
Today I was 45 minutes biking. And this evening I go to the fitness centre and talk about the job in details. So cross the fingers that it will be great.

Was on scale on sunday (after I did what you said and drank out a lake of water) and had 107!!! YYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAA!!!

I think that was the excercise.

Wish you a nice week.

Mareike

@ Lolli: fingers also crossed for your house-moving!!!
Old 08-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #7  

Hello everyone! Welcome fellow newbies. Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have spent the last week at my parent's house, my dad was in the hospital. He is doing okay now. Unfortunately, I tried to stay OP, but failed half of the time.

I am ready to get back on track,and no more excuses

I hope everyone has a great week.

Sofi

**Can anyone recommend where I can get a nice scale? I saw a WW scale at Duane Reade for $30, it seemed a little expensive.

Last edited by WWnewbieNY; 08-22-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:26 PM   #8  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Afternoon everyone!
I WI tonight so we'll see how the week goes. I went to Applebees last night for dinner and had the WW Terriaki Steak and Shrimp skewers. I was surprised. I was full after the meal and only consumed 7 points! There was steak and shrimp with rice pilaf (about 2/3 cup) and steamed veggies. I would recommend it!
I usually don't count points on my WI day, but I think I will today. I need a free day, but don't have any "bad foods" around the house...thank goodness!
I start school tomorrow. It's the first time I'm going during the day since I started back 2 years ago. Talk about culture shock. I've been going at night with other "older" people. It's just me and my hang up on getting older.
Hello to everyone! Lolly: good luck with the move! It's exciting!
Old 08-22-2005, 06:47 PM   #9  

Hey again- I was in Madrid, living with 4 spanish girls. I really love that city. I traveled all over Spain and western Europe, but unfortunately did not get to Galicia. I was really disappointed but there is only so much time to travel! I also am in Spain withdrawl and I can't wait to get back. There are so many things Imiss about it, but it's really nice to be back in the states. I actually attempted WW in Spain. It was really interesting to see how the meetings were run and how the women interacted with eachother. A little different then our meetings, but not too much. The frustrating thing was that the dining out guides and food guides were not hardly as developed as ours here in the US and most of the things I ate weren't calculated. Needless to say, I wasn't very successful! I don't really have an excuse this time! Today went pretty well. I walked and exercised quite a bit and ate all good things. Of course, I haven't had dinner yet.... Hope everyone had a great day also!
- Kelly
Old 08-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #10  

Hi all! I am 24 week pregnant and doing well. I lost three pounds last week which was good, b/c I had gained three the week before on vacation. So I am officially 2 pounds about pre preg weight so far! Yaay! I hope to end at about the point I ended with Sara-because I wasn't even able to lose that post pregnancy! I am feeling good although DH and I are a little bit stressed about getting everything done before the baby comes-we need to move stuff out of one room to make Sara a big girl room, but that entails cleaning out the basement b/c we need a place to put the stuff!! We are also in the middle of kitchen remodeling! Arrggh!
Old 08-23-2005, 11:03 AM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all, swamped at work and there are attitudes here that are driving me nuts!!! I am taking Friday off and so need to just get out!!! We are going camping, so that will be nice, hopefully. We usually end up fighting when we go camping, between the dogs and kids...... yikes!!! We bought a small (very small) camper this year to make it easier to just pack up and go. It has pop out beds (but it is NOT a pop up camper). It is nice to not have to pack up the tent after just 2 days, dry it out, sweep it... all that putsy stuff.

OK, gotta get back to work before the whip hits me!!
Old 08-24-2005, 02:23 PM   #12  

Hello ladies!

Remember me? I see many of the old faces back again!!

I am hitting WW again. Doing it mostly on my own though. I have started walking 4-5 miles every other night and sticking to the WW plan.

Good to see you. Hope you all check in!
Old 08-25-2005, 12:23 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm here I'm just swamped this week! Eating is crap because the Fridge is Empty! No time to go to the store!
I'll try to post more later
Old 08-25-2005, 01:11 PM   #14  

Hi everyone,

KO-I know what you mean last night I made a quick run to the Met,mini-grocery store, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that they carried Morningstar brand foods, I love the chik'n patties, they taste just like the real thing.I hope the rest of your week is a little less chaotic, just remember the weekend is right around the corner.haha

I had WI yesterday, and I gained 3 lbs that was because I was at my parent's house last week, and spent most of my days going back and forth between the house and the hospital to visit my dad. On a positive note, I have been OP every day this week, and intend to keep going.

Sofi
Old 08-26-2005, 04:19 AM   #15  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi all, just a quickie - am in the middle of moving madness, or at least boxing madness. So far it's all this end - we actually get possession of the new house next Wednesday. Can't wait! have had an evil couple of days foodwise, but felt so awful after our 'celebratory' blowout last night that it was a lesson learned.

Tonya - good to see you again, it must have been 3 years at least!
Closed Thread