Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 11:25 AM   #1  
Go Avalanche!!

Welcome! We're a group of 20's (and a few 30's ) somethings here for friendship and support. Happy Valentine's Day http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

It's late Tuesday night but I wanted to start a new thread. I went to weigh in and I stayed exactly the same. I don't know why I feel so bummed about it. I had a feeling I wouldn't have that loss my scale showed on Sunday but I was still hoping reality wouldn't hit me in the face. It was the Margarita's and mexican food Friday I tell you! I do have to admit that it did taste good and I'm really not regretting it that much. Eat and get on with life I say. I'm going to turn an new page tomorrow. I will have to lose 7.2 pounds in the next two weeks to reach my recent goal. I am going to do my darndest but not going to beat myself up if I don't reach it. The effort is what counts right? Help me out here....

I know how I'm getting my exercise on this Valentine's Day! *wink wink nudge nudge* Anyone else going to earn points this way too? The funny thing is now having a dog in the house. Some of you know what I mean.....

Suzanne: Well, moving is one of the most stressful things in life. Take a deep breath and step back from it for a minute. I think some alone time will do you some good. I do crave veggies too, mine right now is Spinach with lemon and salt!

Casey: How did the treadmill go?

Julie: Insurance companies will try to get out of everything they can won't they? I don't envy you the job of fighting that one!

Kim: I know, it's a sad day in the land of enjoyment. I think that's why I figure if I'm going to have a Margarita, I might as well have 2 and really blow it! Shame on me.....*slaps own hand*

Stacey: Oh, Girl Scout cookies I really did myself in. I had two close friends who have kids I 'had to' order from. I keep telling myself I'm going to put most of them in the freezer and portion them out in baggies, but the realistic part of me is laughing hysterically at that idea. I don't know what I'm going to do. Good luck with your wisdom teeth. Don't drink too many shakes and don't use a straw!

Ready to face hump day?

------------------
Brenda
198.4/162.4/135(WW)/130(Personal) (5'4")

When life gives you mud, make mud pies!!

Feb 27 WI goal: 155 !!
Old 02-14-2001, 06:52 PM   #2  
Crime Fighter

Happy Wednesday everybody!!!!
Brenda I know it's hard when scales differ... but look at it this way: if it's the Mexican food, it's most likely water retention and not fat. Next week will show results!! In the mean time, you have the right attitude: eat and move on .
I'm trying to bank my way to face my food-filled weekend. But I will take a note from Brenda -- if I gain this week, I'll know why, and then get on track next week.
Have a great Valentine's Day everybody http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif. Sadly, I'm single so there will be no *wink *wink ... but my motto is "I'd rather be single than on Temptation Island" so I'm having some girlfriends over for dinner and gawking.
Chat soon!
L.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lolabooey (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-14-2001, 08:01 PM   #3  
Running Babe

Wow, do I feel dumb, I completely forgot what day it was this morning. Well Happy Valentine's Day girls http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif I hope you all have a great one http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

Being single, I think the girls on my floor and I will do something tonight since we're all single. Ahhh at least Fox has some class in not showing temptation island today

I've been busy applying for summer jobs. I can't decide where. I am thinking it would be better to go back to Montreal to save money (aka live at my parent's house) and to house-sit for my parents on their month long visit to England. OTOH I am planning to live in Ottawa next year and since they have more jobs in the field I eventually want to get in to it may be better to work there. Oh well, we shall see. All I know is that there are very few jobs in the Eastern Townships so I probably won't be staying here.

Stacey: Ouch, you're getting your wisdom teeth pulled? Ouch, All mine were impacted and I was dumb and got all four taken out at once under local. I hope all goes well and don't worry about the points this weekend.

Lolabooey: Next weekend is my weekend for having a lot of food. My friends and I are all going back to Montreal and are having dinner plans and the next week my mom and I are going to Red Lobster. I am getting good at planning my splurges It looks like you're at goal now, that is fabulous, I can't wait to be there (15.4lbs away!).

Brenda: When I bought girl guide cookies(which are girl scout cookies in Canada), I knew I had to get rid of them, so I sent them to England and gave them to my brother .

I have to lay low on points today. They're serving Souvlaki in the caf tonight

Ali

243.4/170.4/155

[This message has been edited by Sweater Girl (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-14-2001, 08:35 PM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

So far so good for me. I baked a cake for work and only sampled the frosting. I know I will probably have a small piece, but that is OK!!! I made a huge pasta salad last night for lunch today. And I think hubby, Emma and I are going out for a splurge tonight. Thankfully I don't WI until Saturday morning!

Ali... I had the same wisdom teeth experience as you. All compacted plus twisted roots, and all 4 taken at the same time, but I asked to be knocked out. None the less, it sucked!!!

Our girl scout cookie season was in November. I was on Maternity leave and had excuses to eat all I wanted because I needed it! heee heeee

Well, I better skidaddle back to work!

Jen

Old 02-14-2001, 08:57 PM   #5  

Happy V-day everyone!

I am swamped at work and at home with our guests, so I don't have much time to post, just wanted everyone to know I am thinking of you, and wanted to welcome the "newbies"! I hope to have more time to post tomorrow!

Later!

------------------
Tonya
170/134/140(WW)/132(personal)
Old 02-14-2001, 08:57 PM   #6  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys! Happy St Val! Mine is going to be a quiet one because I have a sick boy at home ... he had Monday off work because he put his back out, went back to work on Tuesday and had to leave after an hour because he got hit with flu. Now he's curled up on my futon at home, wrapped in a duvet and feeling very sorry for himself. We had a bonding session over the new Buffy videos this morning (second half of series 4! so exciting!) and have another one scheduled for this evening. Aren't men funny when they're ill? I know it's a cliche, but I swear they are SO much more pathetic than we are - going by Blokey and my Dad, anyway. So, Brenda, no nudge nudge wink wink for me today, unless I want to be sneezed all over, icky or what?!

And this is weird, but I am SO looking forward to going running again tomorrow morning. Getting out the door for the second run is always where I get stuck (tho' not literally ) - I have started so many fitness programs and given up after the first go. Still, the weather here is beautiful as of yesterday (though the fields are still flooded and the rivers are way outside their banks - yup, when it rains in England it really does rain) so that will make it easier. I've found several plans that involve walk/running and building up the time over about 4-6 weeks: there's one on www.womens-running.com and another on www.icnet.uk/raceforlife

Sounds like Girl Scout cookies is yet another great american tradition that hasn't made it's way over here (yet!) - we have the Boy Scouts Bob-a-job week instead. Not food based, and rather cute. Especially if you like having 10-year old boys let loose cleaning your car!

Anyway, better dash
lots of Valentine's hugs,

Lolly
xxx

ps:- Ali! You're so close to goal! That's incredible! And Belle - let us know how the new job's going, won't you?

------------------
257SW- 214CW - 207 (2nd 10%)

[This message has been edited by Lollybird (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-14-2001, 09:07 PM   #7  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, I was on program yesterday. My new goal is to get away from Diet Dr Pepper. I drink my water, but i also have about six Diet Dr Peppers in the same day. Way to mch pop. I think I will wean myself down to only one on the weekends. That could take a while, but all that carbonation is making me burp.

Oh,did not know it was so late. The phone kept ringing and this post has taken a long time. I now have to go.

Trish
Old 02-14-2001, 09:17 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone Guess what, I quit LOL. Work that is. I'm still here, going to stay out the day and such. My boss was really cool about it and said if I ever need references don't hesitate and all that. I'm going to miss working here lol...it's a great office. Still, made the decision to go back to school... Anyways Just wanted to tell you all that lol.

------------------
~Shalyne
230/203/150
Old 02-14-2001, 09:27 PM   #9  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey everyone! Quick post since I need to get busy. Well, I started my "new" day off with chocolate. How can you resist it when it's being shoved under your nose? So, I had TWO pieces and am drinking my sugar free hot chocolate so that should quell my chocolate craving (I hope)
I'm sorry I can't do a proper post, but I need to get to work. My boss isnt' here this morning but I need to have something to prove I did work.
Have a great day and I'm sure I'll be back!

------------------
Stacey
235.7/185/160
Old 02-14-2001, 10:45 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

WI in an hour! I got on my scale at home this morning and it said 183. Usually it's a little lower than the WW scale, but I hope I find out something good!

Shalyne: WOW! What a gutsy move! Good for you for taking life by the bootstraps and going for what you want.

Stacey: Stay away from the Girl Scout cookies! Evil, evil, evil little things. Ever notice it's IMPOSSIBLE to just eat one Thin Mint? They have to be eaten in groups. It's like, law or something. http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif I try not to even order the things any more. It helps that I don't work with many people who have kids who are Girl Scout age. A year or so ago, I ordered one box of Thin Mints and kept them in my desk at work. When I took them out, I had to share with everyone around me so it was less for me! Keeping them at home (in the freezer, oh YUM!) is a disaster waiting to happen.

Now I'm dreaming about Thin Mints!

Brenda: Don't feel down! You maintained, and that's something.

Hey ... my paper ran a story today about a local guy who lost about 200 lbs. with WW. He said he has a lot of loose skin, which doesn't sound very appealing at all. But that is an awful lot of weight to lose. I bet the skin goes back eventually, but I'm sure exercise must play a part.

Oh, yeah, it is Valentine's Day, huh? The posts were filled with little smiley faces with heart eyes. My b/f was going to try and get out early from work tonight, but now it looks doubtful that he will. And he never sends me flowers at work, although I've told him I'd really, really like it. We're going to go out for a nice dinner on Saturday, though, to my favorite German restaurant.

45 minutes to WI ... think I'll go do a little work first!

Kim
206.8/188.6/130
Old 02-14-2001, 10:49 PM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

****! I just wrote a long post and it didn't show up! Now I don't feel like writing it all again, so I'll just say hi. I'm off to WI in 40 minutes and I'll check in later.

------------------
Kim
206.8/188.6/130
Valentine's goal: 186.8 (my 10 percent)
"I'm not there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!" -Anon.
Old 02-14-2001, 11:13 PM   #12  
Go Avalanche!!

Argh! Candy HE double hockey sticks! Help me help me!

Lola: I was cackling over your Temptation Island mottow! I’m so hooked on that stupid show it’s not even funny. These couples are all in a tizzy over what the other one is doing. What did you expect. What I want to know is which one of each couple made the suggestion? I mean, come on, if my honey came home before we were married and said ‘Hey, lets go to Temptation Island’ I think I would have really wondered about the state of our relationship anyway! What’s everyone else’s take on it??

Ali: Thankfully half the cookies are for my husband. I bought the low fat ones too though! OK, can you tell I’m trying to justify? So if you house sit for your parents the party is at your place right?

Jen: It’s funny that you bring up eating whatever you want while pregnant/on maternity leave. It’s going to be really hard for me to have worked so long on losing weight and then get pregnant. Hopefully that won’t happen for a few years, but I can’t imagine having to go through this whole thing all over again *sigh*

Lolly: Don’t kiss your honey when your nose is runny. You may thing it’s funny, but it’snot. hehehehehehehehhe I found a card with this on it once and it just seemed so apropos for your situation right now. Sorry he’s sick, hope he gets to feeling well enough to at least cuddle a bit!

Trish: I’m a fellow Diet Dr. Pepper addict. I try to only have one every 2-3 days, but lately I’ve been having a couple of them at dinner, so I feel your pain. I’m really trying to get my water back in too!

Shalyne: Holy Cow! Congratulations

Stacey: We’re in the same sinking boat! Mine was Butterfinger hearts and a peppermint patty!

Kim: Good luck at WI. I never get flowers at work either even though I hint. But he did bring some home with that teddy bear a few weeks ago, so I have to remember that. There's just something to be said for all the women in the office wondering who got flowers and then seeing it's you! Oh well, I have to count myself lucky that my DH does have some romance in him! http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//love.gif

------------------
Brenda
198.4/162.4/135(WW)/130(Personal) (5'4")

When life gives you mud, make mud pies!!

Feb 27 WI goal: 155 !!
Old 02-15-2001, 12:16 AM   #13  
Crime Fighter

Sweater Girl I think we live parallel lives... I live in Ottawa, having just moved from Montreal, and I grew up in the Eastern Townships! Weird, eh?

------------------
229/160/165(WW)
Old 02-15-2001, 12:30 AM   #14  

Hey everybody. Well I managed to stay within my points yesterday forthe first time in weeks. I was in good spirits to do well today until the m&ms, pretzels and brownies appeared. Oh well. Iam going to do the best I can and get over it. I will not have a loss this week according to my home scale and will have a big gain due to the 2 week brekad from WW and eating fest. Instead of being 5 pounds from goal as I was in December, I am now 15 pounds from goal, and that sucks!

So anyway, I hope everyone is having a very happy Valentine's Day. DH left me a cute card this morning. We don't really do anything special for V day. We will eat a nice dinner at home (leftovers form teh dinner party on Sat) and watch our shows on TV.

Good luck at WI, Kim. Talk to you all later.

Sarah
194.4/170/153WW
Old 02-15-2001, 12:54 AM   #15  
Parrothead

Happy Valentines Day all! I don't have too much time to write today , I get to leave work early tonight to go to WI. I don't think I lost very much if anything. It seems like the closer I am to goal, the harder it is to get the pounds off.

I hear ya'll on the Girl Scout Cookies! My DH can go through a box at a time (AND he is still thin, don't understand that one). Lucky for me this year he likes the flavors that I can resist, so those are the only ones he can bring home. I know, I am such a meenie http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//lol.gif.

Julie ~ I know your pain with the health insurance companies. They still owe me $400! Hopefully I'll get it back soon. It was a huge mix up when I changed jobs and had to go to the Dr. My previous employer had better health benefits and I ended up going to a Dr. not on my new employers plan. TOTAL headache! Good luck with your company.

Brenda ~ I got your mail about the candles. I'll get back to you with my address so I can get a catalog. I can't wait. PartyLite are my favorites! I know what you mean about getting to goal and then getting pregnant. That is one of the only things holding me and DH back. A lot of my friends are having babies and my ovaries are aching All of the Baby Dust is flying! I think once I get to goal and lifetime it will be easier to lose after a child. WW teaches such healthy eating and exercise habits that I think you can still be pregnant and not gain over the norm.

Temptation Island was amusing at first, but it lost my attention. I think its kinda sad for those on the show. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Kim ~ German food, Yummy! I love German potatoes. Have fun!

Sarah ~ Your valentines sounds like mine! We always cook a romantic dinner, drink wine and watch a little TV. We started the tradition when we we're still in college and couldn't afford to even go to McD's. Now we just go out to a nice dinner on another night. We hate crowds!

To all the singles out there ~ Enjoy the time out with your friends! I was the same way before I met my DH. Those times are great and are harder to work in when you have a significant other. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being married, but the fun times with the gals are so great! We still get together when we can, but it is a lot harder to juggle schedules now.

Ok, I gotta go. Wish me luck on WI tonight. I'm kinda scared...

Kay

------------------
kay
164/144/135
Closed Thread