Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 09:13 AM   #1  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Red face Butterflies Week 2 - Come Flutter In -

Hey there:

So this is what we decided, right? A thread every week. If not, then we can go back to the old one! I'll post this link in the old thread.

Are we doing a weigh-in? Posting of goals? Hmmm... we're really organized huh? LOL!

Well, I forgot to weigh and I've already eaten. Oops... But I am getting my exercise in today. I think I've maintained. I was back at my 5 lbs lost, even about 5.6 last I checked. I was surprised!

My goal this week is getting at least 80 oz of water.

Have a good week everyone!

PS - Here's a link to our OLD thread. It has intros etc. on there.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...2&page=1&pp=15

Last edited by HottieInHiding; 08-15-2005 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:06 PM   #2  
finding the thin inside

Hey!! YES! this is perfect. Ok, so I weighed in today, and I haven't lost anything, BUT I also haven't gained anything back either which is good. So I'm still at 285.
My goals for this week are more water, more exercise, and also, I am quitting smoking. I haven't had a cigarette since last night around 7:30 pm. So wish me luck, in 5 1/2 hours I will have gone one day without smoking. YAY!!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:05 PM   #3  

Default *rooting for Rainy*

You can do it!!!!!! No more smoking... your lungs willl appreciate that so much!!!

I haven't lost any weight since last week either but I haven't excercised any in 3 days either.. Been busy studying for finals.

This week my goal is to get all my water in and at least 30 minutes a day of walking...

Everyone here is to a great week!!!
Jen
Old 08-16-2005, 08:45 AM   #4  
One pound at a time...

Hi, I thought I would check in even though my weigh in is not until Thursday . I have been to boxing class three times in the past week, so I hope I will see some movement on the scale. I am actually getting majorly psyched for my vacation in about a week and a half. I am going camping for a few days and then spending the rest at home.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:11 AM   #5  

Hey Gang!

Just checking in! I WI tomorrow, so I'll post agin then.
Goals today: 1/2 hour on the Gazelle - Core ball and upper body weights.
Doing very well on my water, but I think I have to slow down - loosing too many electrolytes and getting back that craving for salt.. so...

Have to go and move a professional upright freezer - gift from a friend, can you believe it? Now I have no excuse for running out of WW ice cream snacks or Smart ones! LOLOL

Congrats on the smoking thing - I had to go "cold turkey" about 14 years agao after 3 packs a day. Thought I would end up in a mental institution, but no such luck! LOLOL

Catch ya tomorrow!

Radiodoll
Old 08-16-2005, 05:00 PM   #6  
finding the thin inside

Haha, well see, there I went and did it again. I told everyone I was going to quit smoking, and you know what? I went a whole day without having one, but, me and the hubby bought smokes last night. SOOOO, I am smoking again, BUT!!! and I don't know if this is an excuse or not, so if it is please someone tell me. I think that trying to quit smoking, trying to incorporate exercise into my daily routine after 21 years of being fat and lazy, and also trying to watch my food after 21 years of being an emotional over-eater is too much. My food is pretty much under control, and the exercise, well, I've exercised 3 days in a row at home which is amazing for me, because it means I actually got off my lazy butt and went outside to walk or do my video. I don't know, I'm wierd haha.
But, I just got finished doing 25 minutes of my Richard Simmons video, and went for a 15 minute walk, so I did a 40 minute workout today. =) I'm happy about that. And I'm eating a banana.
I want to see that scale move DOWN next monday!!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:47 AM   #7  

Default Radiodoll weighs-in

Well.................the scale says 244.4 this morning. So I lost a little! Yippie!

Did NOT get the Gazelle built last night - had to go move an commercial freezer. Someone gave it to me for free. LOVE free! And it's in great shape. So now I can make a lot of extras that I can get to quickly for a dinner of any size. I cook a LOT from scratch.

Had too much Rib Eye Steak for dinner last night, but we so rarely get a good steak. I passed on the pasta then added grilled eggplant with a very simple tomato sauce from fresh veggies. It was awesome. I hit on the Klondike diet squares (ice cream sandwiches) I just found that these are even less fat and less points than some of the other brands and far less expensive than WW ice cream sandiches. I also found a rip-off of Pirates Booty which BETTER than the original and less expensive.

Well, the gazelle is in pieces on the bedroom floor. Now I just have to get the tools......(anything to get out of excercise, huh????

I just have to stay on track today. Thanks for everyones help!

Radiodoll
Old 08-17-2005, 08:02 PM   #8  
finding the thin inside

hey, well I just finished dinner, multi-grain pasta with a homemade tomato sauce and veggies. Nummy-licious!!! We haven't had near as many people responding to this second butterflies post, so I hope you all out there are still joining us!! I am going to do some work and maybe work out a little bit. Hope you all have a great night.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:13 AM   #9  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Great! Glad to see you all here

Rainy - I've heard that exact same thing. I think you should try and quit as soon as possible, or at least cut back. But doing it all at once could be too overwhelming and you'll crash. Do what you want, and do feel the need to justify. Everyday we are getting closer to our goals, right?

Radiodoll - I would love a commercial fridge and freezer, but no place to put it. I love my big freezer though, makes eating good easier when you have enough food on hand.

Hey everyone! Hope it's a good week. I've been eating ok, but had a few too many oatmeal raisin cookies yesterday! (Made with whole wheat flour! But, still lots of sugar!) I've started doing Slim Fast Optima for b'fast, and it seems to be working though.

See ya
Old 08-19-2005, 02:57 AM   #10  
finding the thin inside

Well, it's thursday night, (technically friday morning) 12:30 am for me. I just wanted to send a post here to remind everyone to have a fabulous weekend and not over-indulge. Congratulations on the loss Radiodoll, that's awesome!!!!I hope to see one next monday. Sadly, I just ate a ton of pizza tonight, and you know what? I'm not sitting here feeling sorry for myself..boohoohoo. I'm actually disappointed in myself, because,...I KNOW better. I will get back on track this second.
Realistically, there are going to be times where I do slip up, I have the rest of my life to live this battle and try and get it into balance. There are going to be times when I eat something I really shouldn't. And that's ok, that's human. But what would be wrong is to continue to sit here day after day eating the same way as before, the same way I did today. Does it make me feel like a piggy to sit here stuffing my face full of cheese, yeah it does.
Quite honestly, I am pretty contemplative tonight. I keep thinking, why...why did I let myself get this way, when,...when did it go this far, how...how will I ever lose all of this weight, where,...where was the knowledge and voice in my head all these years saying "stop, you're eating too much, put it down and go outside"
I don't know if my answers to these questions are right,...but they seem to fit.
I know that losing 150 lbs is NOTing to make me perfect, or happy, or all my problems go away. Deep,deep,deep,down inside I know that...but I'm still sitting here and for some reason the thought that losing 150 lbs is NOT going to make me perfect, or happy, or all my problems go away seems like a news flash of something horrible I just realized happened.
I'm babbling, forgive me. lol
Goal for tomorrow is 60 minutes exercise,..8 glasses of water, call me on it so I actually get it done. *smiles*
Night everyone!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:49 AM   #11  
One pound at a time...

Hi everyone, I went to my weigh in last night and lost 2.5 lbs. All I can say is water, water, water. I had a couple of bad days, but I did boxing three times and upped my water to counteract the bad food days, so I am quite happy.

Rainy, I can even begin to tell you how many late night conversations I have had with my inner evil girl, saying I would never do it again, and beating myself up about having a binge. I think it is only human, for me especially I will always have to battle the binge urge, and there will be times that the inner evil me will win. Most of the time she won't though. For me, this journey will be about learning about me all over again. I mean, let's face it, we all intrinsically know what we should and shouldn't eat. I mean, I have been on diets since I was nine years old, going through cycles of being thin and fat. The problem, none of the diets ever treated the reason I was over eating. This time around (with the help of the great people on 3FC) I am slowly learning why I do it, and also seeing I am not alone. Will I not ever do it again? Of course not, there will be times that I will do it and beat myself up about it. I am learning that I have to forgive myself and move on. Babble away, , we are all in this together. Have a great weekend!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:33 PM   #12  

Default Right Here W/ Everyone

Im just having a bad week. Studying for finals trying to get all the last minute projects and papers finished and ready to start a temporary job On Monday.

I gorged the other night had a double cheeseburger and large fries at McDonalds with Hubby.. IT WAS SO GOOD! UGHHHHHHH then afterwards as I was FULL to the point of bursting I Thought there was a time when I couldn't even eat a whole order of large fries or a double cheeseburger! no wonder i am fat.

But the real kick in my pants this week was the other night we were eating out ( hubby manages a family style rest. so we eat for free ) with hubbys mom and grandma and there was a woman across the dining room who was about 400 lbs.. and she had massive amounts of food in front of her. I was in shock and asked myself is that what people see when the look at me? My mother in law had the nerve to tell me ..and I quote " if you ever get to looking like that I personally will bind your head in duct tape w/ only a small hole big enough for a straw" .. Then proceeds to lecture me on food. I was soooooooo so very mad... hubby came and sat down and said to me no you don't look like that.. ( he knew what i was thinking) and his mom tells him what she told me .. and i said yeah your mom is being totally mean to me.. she then goes i have watched you eat alot of food at times.. !!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR i lost it.. I have been skipping breakfast and lunch and so when dinner came i was eating a huge amount because I was starved.. that was so not the way it should be done and i knew it but.. i was anyways.. i told her my eating is not the problem my drinking of soda and my NO EXCERCISE is my problem thank you.. and didn't talk to her the rest of the evening i was so HOT! She herself used to weight around 198 until a few years ago when she got sick and lost 100 lbs due to illness and now only weighs like 110 at the most.. ( she has COPD and is dying ) .. so i was hurt angry and embarrassed by this woman having the nerve to say the things she did to me and act teh way she is...

She has no clue no clue whatsoever.. so I decided that I WILL LOSE WEIGHT and get back down to the weight I used to be and show her!!!
UGHHHHHHHHHHH bad bad bad week but i have drank around 100oz's of water a day!!! and only had 2 20 oz Dr Peppers this week.. so im doing SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER..
And I hung a dress up on the wall in the bedroom that I want to fit back into to give me inspiration..
Old 08-20-2005, 03:17 AM   #13  
finding the thin inside

Hey girls, you have no idea how great it is to be able to come to place like this and write about what I'm feeling and just instinctively know without a doubt that you all understand. It's awesome.
I watched Oprah today, I don't know if anyone caught it, but it was about being the "fat" one in the family. I started watching about 20 minutes into it. And there was some really great stuff said on that show. The one girl, her dad made her feel like she wasn't good enough. Oprah asked him bluntly, "is she good enough the way she is, would she be good enough the way she is if she gained 10 more lbs?" and you know what he said? He said, no. Talk about a downer and negativity.
Anyways, the rest of her family was there, and Oprah asked her sister what she thought. And she said that she's tired of her sister always complaining about being over-weight, and starting a diet and not following through. But Oprah said that the weight is not the issue, the weight is a MANIFESTATION of something else, some underlying problem. And that they need to stop looking at their sister, and daughter's weight, and look at the rooting problem.
I feel lucky to have support in my life, clearly there are people who have none.
I can't imagine any of my family members saying I'm not good enough fat or over-weight. I know that deep down inside it has been on their minds at one time or another, but to actually hear them say it would be devastating.
Anyways, I did 30 minutes of a workout earlier today, ate under my points!!
Old 08-22-2005, 12:20 AM   #14  
finding the thin inside

Hey ladies!! Just want to remind everyone that tomorrow is weigh-in day for those of us doing it on mondays. Also, I think maybe it is best to just keep adding to one thread. So let's just keep adding to this one.
For exercise I did a 20 minute walk, 10 minutes with my weights, and did some heavy lifting, cleaning, and moving furniture around the house.
Ate under my points, and feel great.
It was sooooooooooooo hot here today.
Anyways, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Talk to you tomorrow!!!!
Old 08-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #15  

Hey Butterflies

I thought I might fit in here. I've been overweight since I was a child I'm turning 21 in 2 days YAY!! Except when I was 16 my friend and I lost weight together I went from being 220 lbs to 155 lbs. I know it's not super thin but it was the smallest I've ever been. Over the past few years of breakups/new jobs/loss of friends from highschool I have gained all the weight I had lost and then some. Last week (thursday) I decided I have had enough. My "being fat" stage has had a long enough run and it was time for a change. So I've been drinking lots of water and cut out bread and bad sugars. I've been eating Chicken/tuna fish/turkey for my protein and have been snacking on my favorite fruits. For excercise I've been walking on my treadmill for at least 15-20 minutes at a time 2 times a day. I've also been doing crunches and adding weights. Anyways...I'm just glad I found you butterflies. Were all in this together and we will reach our goals.
Closed Thread