View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 01:54 PM   #75
changes

Default All Bran Banana (or apple) muffins

I just tried this one this morning, and it's good.

All Bran Banana Muffins

1 cup All-Bran cereal
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
1/2 cup sugar or Splenda (I found the muffins a tad too sweet so I will decrease the amount of sweetener with my next batch.)
1 egg
2 tablespoons water
1 cup mashed bananas (approx 2 bananas) (I plan to substitute diced apples with my next batch, and add some cinnamon.)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. Combine dry ingredients and add egg, water, milk and banana.
3. Mix until well combined.
4. Spoon into muffin pan sprayed with Pam or lined with paper muffin thingees.
5. Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes or until cooked when tested.
6. Note- The time required for cooking may vary. You might want to check it at 30 minutes.

The original recipe said this makes 10 servings, but I made six muffins. This morning I ate one of the smaller muffins, about half the height of the larger one (I poured too much into one muffin tray and too little into another), and it was filling. I'll save the largest muffin for a day I'm particularly hungry.

Anyway, lots of good fiber in this one.

6 servings
Nutritional Info per serving: (For recipe using Sugar. Adjust accordingly if you substitute Splenda for sugar)
Calories: 194
Fat: 2 grams (2%)
Cholesterol: 32
Sodium: 199
Carbs: 45
Fiber: 6

Food Exchanges:
Starch/bread: 1
Other Carbo: 1
Fruit: 1/2

Note: Above nutritional info is for recipe using sugar and banana, as opposed to Splenda and apple.

Another thing to note is that I've found the whole muffin to be quite filling and have been eating a half muffin for breakfast, but as you can see from the above nutritional info, one sixth of this recipe is still pretty good.

Last edited by changes : 08-23-2005 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Adding nutritional info
changes is offline   Reply With Quote