Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 08:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Fun Fabulous Friday..

I'm surprised I'm the first to start a daily thread

How's everyone's Friday going? I get to spend mine cleaning. I'm having family over tomorrow (mom, sister, BIL, and nephew) so I have to clean up. And Craig is leaving up north to fix my car, so woohoo, next week I should be able to drive myself to and from work

I WI today, and it kept changing. The last time I stepped on it, it was the same as last week, but before that it was up 2 lbs. So I'm not sure which one to use. Maybe I'll see what it says tomorrow morning, if its more steady each time I step on it.

I plan on exercising today, and eating better.

Have a great day!

~Liz
Old 08-19-2005, 09:55 AM   #2  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Talking

Good morning and Happy Friday to all!

Ok, so I had my work dineer last night. As soon as I got there and sat down, all these baskets of appetizers appeared on the table.
I then passed along onion rings, cheese curds, breaded mushrooms, breaded cauliflower, french fries, tator tots-they all had a bowl of cheese sauce... I did not even eat ONE! You see, I had an appointment to go to at 7pm in the next town over (about a 20 min. drive) and all I could imagine was me pooping my pants in the car from the grease! So as I passed each basket along, I imagined it filled with poop! Sounds gross, but it worked!!!!
Then when it came time to order dinner( which I had planned all week looking online at their menu) my boss ordered like 15 pizzas. GASP! What?!?! I can't order my grilled chicken salad? I could have just ordered it and payed for it myself, but I had no money. I didn't get paid until today.
SO, I had pizza. I ended up having the BLT pizza. It was a thin crust drizzled lightly with olive oil, sliced roma tomatoes, exotic looking lettuce, bacon and very little cheese. Now, I know that bacon is 1 point a piece, and it appeared to not have even 2 slices of bacon between the 2 pieces that I ate. So i don't think it was too bad. Yes, you read that right,
I ONLY ATE TWO SLICES OF PIZZA!!!!
I did have a cherry coke and then that was it.
I was so proud of myself -I couldn't believe that I had resisted. That was quite a big deal for me.

Ok, I really need to get to work. I leave early to today, so I might not post again until tomorrow.
Have super duper fabo Friday Sista's!

~Izzy (Lisa)
Old 08-19-2005, 10:05 AM   #3  
THICK and tired of it

Ok, I've already told Lisa how proud I am of her for handling the dinner last night- especially passing all those appetizers!!- but now it is offically time for me to give her the Slimmin' Sistas Award of the Week!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THREE CHEERS FOR LISA!!!

Seriously, good job in a tough spot. You are an inspiration to me!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:13 AM   #4  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation

No doubt, I'm inspired too.

WTG, Lisa... You are my hero!!!!

Dancin nanners for you
Old 08-19-2005, 10:24 AM   #5  
Thin Girl In Hiding

YAY! I go cheerleaders!!!!!
Thank you, thank you very much!

AND dancing bananas!?!
I am so honored !
You guys are the bees knees!

Last edited by izzywas; 08-19-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:14 PM   #6  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Oh, Lisa, I'm proud too! Over here.... over here! Me! Me! LOL Seriously, excellent job and what a disgustingly clever way to make it possible to pass on those goodies. I should have tried it a my business meals these past few days.

I blew it big time, which means I ate what they put in front of me. But really, I had little choice. All our lunches were sit down affairs. You either ate what was on your plate or you tried the vegetarian option, a disgusting looking plate of pasta with onions or something. ugh. But the meals themselves were reasonable. Small portions of such things as pumpkin ravioli in a cream sauce with woodear mushrooms or parmesan crusted chicken with fresh veggies. I could have passed on the bread, but the bread at the Waldorf is excellent. It's part of the reason I love this particular conference so much! But I did find that the chocolate desserts were just too rich for me (a first!) and even the raspberry and cream dessert was too much. Instead of eating the whole shortbread bottom, I just ate the fruit and cream.

Another little victory for me is that i avoided my hotel ritual, which is retiring to my room with a king-sized box of Mike & Ikes, a bag of chips, a 2-liter soda and ice cream. This time, unlike all my other conferences, I went to my room content with the food I had eaten during the day. And I did not order room service. Although the fact that a room service burger at this place was $28. o kid you not.

These conferences are so weird food wise: Usually a continental breakfast with bagels and muffins the first day, then business breakfasts every other day where I sit with sources who are all eating so i eat too; then "energy breaks" with cookies and soda and coffee; sit-down lunches or if the conference isn't in a hotel, you get box lunches with meat-filled wraps plus snacks; then there are cocktail receptions every night with the mandatory fried apps and tray after tray of cheese with crackers and dips; then of course business dinners and, often, after-dinner drinks with readers and such. But even after all that, I always used to make it a habit to take a bunch of junk food back to my room and pig out until well into the night. So that I didn't do that, I am happy!

My scale says I am up 7 pounds since last Saturday. I might not go to WI tomorrow. Seeing that officially will put me into a funk and make it impossible to get back on track. But I'm not giving up. I'm renewing my efforts to get back and have a loss next week.

So sorry I don't have time to catch up on what I've missed on the board. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:42 PM   #7  

Today is turning out to be harder than I thought. I'm alone - which isn't good cause I keep wanting to go in the kitchen and eat something, and I'm bored. I need to exercise, I borrowed a video from my co worker to try something new, but I just want to lay around and do nothing. This sucks. Its easier for me to control my over eating urges when there is someone else here. But Craig has already left. I'd go somewhere, but I cant drive his car! (Its a stick shift, and it has the spare tire thing on it that you aren't supposed to really drive on).

~Liz
Old 08-19-2005, 02:19 PM   #8  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Liz, if you feel like eating, imagine whatever you want to eat as covered in poop! Worked for Lisa!
Old 08-19-2005, 02:49 PM   #9  

Lizzyg I am having my family over this weekend also moms big bday so you are ahead of me cleaning! Need to do that also. Put on some good music and dance around keep busy and out of kitchen. Don't watch tv all they have are food adds ;( so try and keep busy.

Maggie you made some real progress this week don't let the numbers disuade you. Own what you did and move on. I say go to WI and get it behind you. You are now better and stronger and this will be a new week if you go to WI.

Lisa I am very impressed. You must be a visual learner hee hee
Old 08-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #10  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi all~
Lisa, and Maggie, both of you resisted major temptations this week- WTG! I don't know if I could have resisted.

I've been eating junk all week, not really horribly, but I've had more junk foods and fast foods just this week than I've eaten the entire time since starting WW. :0 I'm over on my points almost every day this week. PMS and a really, really, bad week at work haven't helped. I may need you girls to come over and give me a swift kick in the you-know-what if I don't get myself together soon.

I'm home today, taking care of a sick DD- although that's been really easy, since all she wants to do is lay around and watch videos. She's not vomiting (yet), just running a fever and not eating much. She has reoccuring urinary tract infections (and is under a doctor's care for this- surgery scheduled in November) and that's probably what it is. I've been scrapbooking while she watches videos, which has been fun.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 08-19-2005, 04:14 PM   #11  

at the poop

I'm feeling better, I exercised to the DVD that I borrowed, and wow it was hard! And I've come to the conclusion that I cant dance at all. Seriously. Its called Dance Party Crunch or something like that, and it was kinda fun but sooo hard! But I think that I really need to buy something like that too, because my other one was getting boring.

I still have to clean... lol I seriously HATE cleaning.

I'll probably be doing it at like 10 pm tonight.

~Liz
Old 08-19-2005, 10:25 PM   #12  

I was right, I knew I'd start cleaning late I'm almost done! The computer room is now clean, and now I'll be able to make it my work out room! The main bathroom is cleaned too. yuck, thats the worst part!

I've only the kitchen and living room to clean up. My bedroom is a slight mess, but that will be last, since I doubt my mom or sister will go in there. wooohoo!

And I made it a little of a work out Even though I decided after doing that video this afternoon that I cant dance, I was dancing around the apartment while I was cleaning.

~Liz
Old 08-19-2005, 11:32 PM   #13  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Sorry I haven't been dropping by much today ladies. I've been in a bit of a mind state--I'm re-taking the GRE general test tomorrow morning, bright and early (after a 45 minute drive to the testing site) and I'm scared shitless. If any of you pray, please invoke whatever angels or saints or good spirits you can to my aid between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., Eastern Time. If you don't pray, happy vibes will do just as well.

I'm seriously freaking out. But I suppose there's always a third try. And a fourth. And a fifth. *sigh* I just want to get my PhD so badly and my current GRE score is laughable. And lamentable...which is something I was doing just a moment ago.

I'm going to bed before I start crying again. Just...please send me happy thoughts if you remember it. Thanks ladies! I miss you all and promise to be more active after tomorrow!!

Happy Friday,
~Amanda
Old 08-19-2005, 11:43 PM   #14  

Good Luck Calpurrnia! ***sending good vibes your way***
Closed Thread