Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 03:05 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Weight Loss and Chit Chat #141

Welcome to all!! We are a group of lovely ladies who are serious about our weight and health, but also know when we just need to talk!!

We'd love to have you join us!!
Old 08-17-2005, 03:12 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies!

Mindee~a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!! Hope you are doing something special.

Anita~a very Happy Anniversary to you and DH!!

Okay, just got started with this post but have to run really fast. I'll be back...
Old 08-17-2005, 06:21 PM   #3  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

thanks for the birthday wishes ladies. we went into town and my parents, younger siblings and Brandon and little boy got me a new chain with a charm holder plus two boy silhouette heads for it. When little boy is born, we can take the silhouettes back and they will engrave them free. I got cupcakes and cake......we will be having coney dogs tonight. But tomorrow for dinner it will be italian chicken with rice pilaf.

He already likes to be a helper. in fact he just pushed the send button before I could finish.

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 08-17-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:36 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Susan - I'm so happy for you!!! But what is a gri gri bag, and do I need one, lol?

Angie - Madison is so prissy, I betcha she'll come home from school almost as tidy as when she left the house. Makenzie (JJ) is a mess, and will probably be all ruffled up, lol. In my opinion, JJ has more fun, lol. So sorry about your buddy Shawna moving to Australia! That quite a life-altering move! About WW, it's better than ever, imho.

Sue - glad you had a good visit with DD2 and her family. I know you were sad to see them all go home, but hopefully it won't be too long between visits. Hope you get good news about the house.

Marti - weekend? It's Wednesday, hon! (Jane muttering to self: At least I THINK it is.... but maybe it's Friday??)

Anita - Happy 4th anniversary! So sorry about your brother's friend.

Mindee - Happy birthday!!! Since I don't have your address, I couldn't send a card.

Cristi - where're you off to in such a hurry, lol?

Mary and I are swapping our kitchens this weekend instead of next week, since Dale has a new job and starts Monday. He goes in for an upper GI test tomorrow - keep him in your prayers, ok? Seems like there's always something going on with Dale, doesn't there?

See you later!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:49 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Okay, I'm back! Long break...

Someone was at the door and then I went to put the clothes in the dryer because that darn beeping was driving me crazy! Of course I got sidetracked and went about doing other things before I realized I left the computer on! I do that a lot because if I go upstairs I am going to do something while there. So when I finally came back down I decided to just get off the computer since my right arm/wrist is now killing me and I am trying to rest it. It is so funny how the pain switches from one arm to the other and then sometimes it is both at the same time but the pain being worse in one.

Mindee~glad you had a nice BD! I hope you got the card I sent. I know you said you had your mail forwarded and I sent it early in the hopes it would get there in time.

Anita~so sorry to hear about your brothers friend. It is always a sad thing when we lose someone so young and when kids are left behind. (((((HUGS))))) to your brother and his friends' family.

Jane~I am just a goofball that's all there is to it! Many thoughts and prayers go out to Dale and the family. Hope things go well for him. I think moving/packing the kitchen has to be the worst room! So you and Mary take it easy and have fun.

Susan~ CONGRATULATION'S missy! I knew you would/could do it! Now you have to move again! But it is well worth it! I am so glad that things are finally going your way, like I knew they would!

Angie~so sorry about your friend leaving. But I would love to go with her! That is about the only place overseas I have a desire to visit, not sure why. Didn't get new covers and such for the room. Had just bought the comforter and tab top curtains for the room not long after we moved here. But Josh didn't want pillow shams or a bedskirt and I did go ahead and get those and a new 2 in. faux wood blind and lamp. I think with the color there it will be fine once everything is put back together. I am still not thrilled with the color though-the stripe, yes, but not the color.

Sue~WTG on getting your walk in. Oh, you had to mention fried potatoes with onions...I am from the south and grew up with those kinds of food and that is one of my fav! Can't remember the last time I had them.

Karla~I'm hoping the baby comes soon! I just love babies and we will have two new ones here with your grandbaby and Mindees baby boy.

Marti~I will let ya know about the book. I stayed up last night reading the first four chapters. She went over how she got started and all the health risks and then the basic steps which she does in her video. Going to read a couple more chapters tonight. I skimmed through a little of it and she has a 6 ??(can't remember for sure if it was 6, 8 or 9) week program to follow. I would have gotten farther but I was reading my WW magazine first-good stuff in there, but then there is always good stuff in them.

Well, I probably should get going. Need to go see what's on at the show. Carrie and I are doing a movie tomorrow. I'm hoping to see The Bad News Bears but we'll see-don't even know what is on. Well, Hi to everyone else. Take care ladies and see ya tomorrow sometime.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:05 PM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Whew...I was able to walk twice again today. That makes over 8 miles in 2 days. It was hot and humid...but I still got it in.

I have that Dr. appointment tomorrow...you know, the one we ALL hate? Then next week the mammogram. Ugh, just shoot me now!

Stayed OP yesterday and today and with all the walking I am feeling pretty darn good. Now to do that for the rest of my life. Yeah, right, I will be lucky to keep up for a week!

Things still happening about the house deal.....Tune in next week.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:41 PM   #7  

Hi all you wonderful Jaded Ladies!! I have missed a lot even today I see!!

Hi Christi. I am sorry about the pain you are having in your arms and wrists! Do you have carpal tunnel? Rheumatoid Arthiritis?? Osteoarthiritis?? Or injuries to your wrists?? Sorry if you just posted about it and I missed it!! Your sons room is going to be so awesome!! What a nice surprise!!!

Hi Mindee. Happy Belated birthday!!! I am happy you had a wonderful day!! I went to your childrens web sites and they are so adorable!!! Thanks for sharing the linky dinks as I really enjoyed them!!!

Anita....sorry for your brothers loss...I will hold your brother and his friends family up in prayer.

Jane...good luck finishing packing!! I have been going through all of this with my daughter as she is moving in with me this weekend...so I am downsizing everything I have and she is packing everything she has...lol

Angie...will you be able to go and visit your friend?? I sure hope so!!!

Sue I also walk to get my exercise, but I need to increase the amt of walking I do...I "walk" Sammie, my beagle...but she wants to smell EVERYTHING!! lol so I drag her along with me!!

I just want to say thank you to all of you wonderful ladies!!! I think of you all when I feel like I can't "do this anymore" and of all the support you offer here!! Thanks so very much!! (((((((((Hugs)))))))))). No baby yet...lol but he is dropping even lower and I didn't think there was anyplace lower he could even go...lol Rachel is doing well...Her braxton hicks are stong and very very ongoing at a pretty good click...about every 5 min or so...but she was able to sleep last night and that was a blessing!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #8  
One day at a time

Good Thursday morning ladies~

Karla~I think someone had asked before about my arm...I have carpal tunnel, and who knows what. Was told bursitis, tendonitis and then had a MRI and told me it was arthritis. The new doc thinks it is bursitis. The weird thing is it switches sides. For the longest time, and I do mean the looongest time...it was just my right arm/shoulder/wrist and just in the last few months it switched to the left side. This past week it has been both but more the right. And even though people think I am crazy, most of the time the weather has something to do with it. Well, that and staying on the computer too long! I do wear the brace things for my wrists, which helps tremendously but some days there really is nothing that helps and it hurts. I've been dealing with this for about 5 years now. Anyway...no baby yet, darn!

Sue~great job on the walking! Can't wait to hear more about your house. Are you guys excited? Good luck at the docs. I did that a couple of months ago but had to reschedule the mammogram, oh joy. It's not so bad to me but my shoulder was killing me and the pain goes so deep that I can hardly lift my arm sometimes, very painful.

Marti~the program is 6 weeks and you record it in the book. Well, I guess you don't have to but I am going to otherwise I would pass the book along to you. There's a chapter for each week and you record everything. She is focusing on the exercise diet first.

I am going to get in a short walk this morning on the treadmill, already heating up outside-so humid. Also, will ride the bike for 10 mns. and do a little bit of the weights-can't do too much of that especially with the arms but it feels good to work the legs. Then need to straighten a little bit, start a load of clothes and Carrie and I are headed to the show at 12:30. Seems like we haven't been in months! Wanted to see Bad News Bears but it is only playing at one theatre and it's the one we don't like so may have to wait till it comes out on video/dvd. So we decided on The Skeleton Key. Has anyone heard of this or seen the old version of it? They say it is a remake but I don;t ever remember the old one. Well, guess I better get on with the day...12:30 will be here bfore you know it.

Take care ladies and have a terrific day!
Old 08-18-2005, 03:43 PM   #9  

Afternoon Ladies!!

I got home about 4:30 this morning, check the board and was just too tired to post! So Here I am, my morning!

Cristi--The book sounds inspiring or motivating, I think I'll check the book store and purchase it. I have GOT to bite the bullet and start working out at work by myself. The gym is located in the basement in another building, which is why I hesitate to go alone, but if I get there before another girl leaves, it won't be so spooky in the middle of the night!! As for the WW mags...I had a subscription to it and it just stopped recently. I didn't renew. I have so many magazine from different places, I figured I would save some money and bring it down to one. I kept my scrapbook magazine subcription! So many idea's.....now to work on it!

Karla--What?! No baby? I was just sure he was going to be here already and you'd have pictures already posted! Keep us posted ok?

Sue--You're an inspiration you know! I believe I just may go for a walk before work. And then after work, I'm going to go to the gym and walk the treadmill. Gotta get this body back into shape!

Jane--I took Monday off to spend more time w/Jhanai. And then Tuesday I don't go to work until 6:00 so it was a very long weekend and very fun! I dropped Jhanai off w/my sister so she could go to the fair w/her & my brother. I called my sister later on to see how it went and she told me that Jhanai looked either bored or sad the whole time. (which she has been lately) She has just gotten to that age where you just don't know what she thinking or feeling. And it concerns me. OHHHH........being a mother! Who knew so much worry came along w/the title!

Mindee--Glad you had a great birthday! The charms sound so cute! What a great gift!

Hello to the rest of you girls!!

Well I'm in need of a shower and then some makeup so I don't scare anyone! I hope you all have a great day today and I'll check in before I go to work.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:41 PM   #10  

Hey girls~~Sorry I haven't been on lately. I tell you, the first few weeks of school nearly wipe me out. The little ones need so much attention and all that bending over little tables kills my back for awhile....we were also very busy at the restaurant last night--one of those nights where you watch the clock wondering how much longer are you going to have to be there. I'm leaving tomorrow from school to drive to OKC and from there ride with my DD Kayla and my brother and SIL to Dallas. We're going to a seminar called Discovery. We'll drive back Sunday night and then I'll leave OKC very early Monday morn and drive straight to school. I should get back to school about lunch and will finish the afternoon with my kiddos before coming home. I'm getting tired thinking about it. It should be a great weekend though.
Sorry to just post and run but I have been trying to read your posts here and there and I'll check back in next week when I get back.
Love to all of you----
Old 08-19-2005, 11:16 AM   #11  
One day at a time

Smile

Good morning ladies!

Not much going on....as usual. Was up bright and early to water the lawn before it reaches 99 today! I am so tired of the heat. Luckily though we had enough rain that today is the first day I have had to water since last Friday so that is GREAT! Already did a load of laundry, and as soon as I get off here I am headed for a walk-the WATP style. I did get a 15 minute walk in yesterday as I planned, as well as the 10 minute bike ride and about 3 or 4 minutes of weights. I never time myself on that...just do it till it hurts. Of course I didn't think to check it before I started. DS#1 had it set on 50 pounds! Also, drank 2 bottles of water. Starting over with that and will stick with the two in the beginning and work my way up. Have to say that first bottle tasted soooo nasty to me. Oh well, I suppose one day I will get used to it. I was going to start the WATP program today but decided to start on Monday, which means my official WI will now be Monday. In the book she starts on Monday and goes thru Saturday with Sunday off. So rather than start today, (which I will walk anyway) and walk today and tomorrow and then take Sunday off I will start Monday and get in a full six days. Pretty easy...all she wants you to do the first week, every day, is a 30 minute mile. Seems very slow to me but I will do it. Eventually, she adds the water and talks about the food. I'm making out a plan to walk so that I don't get bored, like one day go to the park, one day do the treadmill, the video, and then walk different routes in the neighborhood.

The Skeleton Key was pretty good. I don't really care for Kate Hudson as an actress but it was good. She has no emotion in her voice.

Marti~I didn't realize that in the back of the book there is a One mile DVD which is great since the book was only $15 at Target. I have the 2 and 3 mile videos but never could find the 1 mile. I do like the book and think it is well worth the money. Glad you had a nice, long weekend with Jhanai. Hope she gets to feeling better whatever it is. Ah, the joys of motherhood. I so remember Carrie going through that and never wanting to talk to me. Now that's all she does is talk.

Beth~have a safe fun weekend! I don't envy you going to Dallas. That always seems like such a drive down there. My cousin and Aunt lived there for a while as did I.

Katy~hope you guys have a GREAT time camping!

Hi to everyone else

Guess I am going to go find things to keep me busy for the day. Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend! See ya Monday
Old 08-19-2005, 12:19 PM   #12  

Wow, miss a day or two and fall way behind.

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to you who are celebrating. One of my daughters-in-law and my uncle also have their birthdays today.

Back to the subject of Curves. Someone asked about knees. My own knees were starting to give me problems - which is one of the reasons I knew I had to get serious about losing weight. My knees were not meant to carry 230 pounds. When I started Curves there was a bit of soreness at first but I got through it and don't have any problem now. Some ladies adapt what they do or skip a machine that may cause a problem.

Hubby is on his way home from his golf game so I guess it is time to make lunch.

hugs,
Judy
Old 08-19-2005, 05:16 PM   #13  

It's friday and I'm so ready for it!! I've worked over time the last few days and I'm just tired! Got home after 4:00 this morning....sheesh! Plus were short on people so that leaves a lot of work for the late shift.

Anyway!

Beth--I can only imagine being a teacher and going back to school! I'm sure it's exhausting. Jhanai starts school on the 6th of Sept. And she's so ready for it!! To me, it just means summer close to an end and cooler weather is in the future!

Cristi--Jhanai is going through the hormonal changing stage. She is still my little girl but I can see the older girl wanting to come out! I keep trying to remember being that age and comparing how it felt when my body was changing. I hope her teen years aren't difficult! (I know, I'm asking a lot!)

Judy--Glad to know that Curves works out for you. We have or had a Curves here in town. Don't know if it's still there. But since my gym at work is only $8 a month, I figured it would be better for me. Plus, hardly anyone works out at 2:30 in the AM!! so the gym is all mine!

I'm feeling sluggish today. I got to bed late and woke up early. And it's just so darn HOT!! Miserable is more like it. And it's not even as hot as it has been. I guess I"m just in a complaining mood. (TOM is here)

Ok...I need a shower so I better get.....

Have a great Friday!
Old 08-19-2005, 06:25 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

TGIF... I got a long walk in last night even though it was HOT. Missed in the a.m. due to Dr. appt. and had to go back to the architect. This morning I got up at 6:30 so I could walk. Came in and showered, ate a piece of toast and made a bowl of potato salad to chill for dinner. (Hubby had been wanting some.) Then I was off at 9:30 to a GF's house for a gab fest and out to lunch with her. We won't walk tonight since it is still very hot and humid. But..hey, I went extra while I was at it this morning, so I feel good about it!
Things are busy right now.... Be back later.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:30 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

So, I am setting myself up for a total mental breakdown over the next
couple of weeks.

Some good news today is I found an apartment!

Have a move in date of 9/17.
It is a ground floor, 2 BD, 950sq feet,$615 with a $300 move in
security deposit.

Really a great price for the area and it is 1/2 a mile to the kids
and borders a 9 acre park & community center.

Easy access to the HWY and shopping!! Because we know girls like to
shop! There is a 7-11 down the street for my fave Mango Slurpee's and
a Starbucks......hmmm, and a Chevron gas station.

That was a selling point for me!! HAVE to look out my window and
monitor the price of gasoline!!

Waiting for my supervisor to ok a longer time (I am ok until the 3rd right now) to stay where I am at
now. Otherwise it is going to be a pain sleeping on a couch
somewhere.....for 2 weeks and all my belongings in storage.

Mike missed another deadline to pay child support. I HOPE they stop playing games with him and laid his butt in jail. People keep asking "would you be ok with that??" ummmmm, yes. Seriously, he is court ordered to pay and he is incontempt. Now we are at $5500 and rising that he owes Gaby.

I am 152.5 today - down 2 pounds this last week, stress.

Welcome to all you new ladies
Closed Thread