Old 08-16-2005, 09:44 AM   #1  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Cool Tuesday Talk

Good morning everyone!
Happy Tuesday!!!!

Old 08-16-2005, 09:49 AM   #2  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

I have been off program -- again -- since Saturday. This is so hard. And it's about to get harder because I'm going to be in New York on business for the rest of the week. This particular conference is in the Waldorf, so lunch every day is a sit-down affair, with white linen, good china, silverwear and crystal and a meal that covers everything from delicious breads to appetizer to salad to entree to dessert. There are cocktail receptions, business dinners and even breakfast meetings. This week is a wash. But oh well.

I hope you all have a great week. I'm no going to be on until at least Friday. Take care
Old 08-16-2005, 10:22 AM   #3  
Alis volat propiis

Lisa, Luflic, Misty... I just saw your supportive posts from yesterday. Thank you so much! Like I said in a previous post, I'm still struggling but at least I'm not giving up. It's because of this group that I'm sticking it out and have a whole different mindset toward WW this time around. Everyone on this board is such a huge help to me and a good friend. This is such a terrific group of women -- and the very reason I'm going to succeed. The reason we're ALL going to succeed. I'm going to be out of computer commission for a few days. "See" you all when I can!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:31 AM   #4  
Thin Girl In Hiding

(((((((((((((((((Maggie)))))))))))))))))))

We'll miss you! Please do the best that you can do right now, that's all a person can do when put up to the test of strength.

LOVE YA!!

Izzy
Old 08-16-2005, 10:57 AM   #5  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Oh, good luck Maggie!!! *big hug* Do what you can with what you've got, and don't kick yourself over it. Seriously, enjoy yourself! The Waldorf in Manhattan??? Whew. I say just have a nice time. When your schedule becomes more normal, then get back on track. Just try to make the wisest choices you can this week, but like I said, don't beat yourself up. Have a wonderful time!! We'll be here when you get back!

Speaking of people missing...anyone heard from HH lately? I wonder how she's been.... I really hope her apartment is working out for her. HH, if you're out there, your sistas miss you!!!

I'm trying to think if I have anything really worth updating about, lol...but I don't really. I have some orientation meetings to go through today, which kind of sucks, but whatever. At least I know the ropes of this program a lot better than I did when I started last year. We're supposed to have a pizza party this afternoon as a welcome back thing for the department. Guess who's already prepared her South Beach turkey wraps and put them in a little brown bag?

I did that for a couple of reasons. 1. I don't want people coming up to me asking me why I'm not eating. I'm not ready to reveal my eating plan to a lot of people just yet. 2. I don't want to feel like I can't participate in a departmental event just because I'm choosing not to cram my face with pizza (free or not).

Oh, and my personal trainer had a goal set for me. Five weeks ago, after I had just started WW, she said, "You keep this up and we'll have you at 200 by the time school starts." To be honest, I was a little doubtful but didn't want to burst her bubble. Guess who was able to give her trainer the good news of a goal attained this morning? It was such a great feeling because not only am I proud of myself, but she's also very proud of me. So it just makes it all the better.

Well, I better go. I have a faculty meeting in about an hour and I need to take my shower. I hear they don't like you stinking up the room when there's a meeting taking place, lmao. So I'm out.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, ladies!!
~Amanda (feeling much better after having finished Confessio Amantis)
Old 08-16-2005, 11:39 AM   #6  
Thin Girl In Hiding

WooHoo Amanda! Super JOB!
You're a LOSER!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:44 PM   #7  

Way to go AMANDA I am so excited for you. That is a huge deal for me can't wait until I get there!

Maggie enjoy your trip. Not every day a gal gets to eat at the Waldorf! Pretty swanky I say enjoy just try and make wise choices you will succeed. We don't have to be on a timetable.

I am afraid my back is kidney stones. Went to the health store and bought some stone buster pray it works don't want to do the hospital thing. Very weary of pain and no sleep I can sure attest to why they use sleep depravation for punishment.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #8  
Thin Girl In Hiding

luflic~ Hope you're pain free soon! My heart goes out to you!

Where is everyone today????
Old 08-16-2005, 05:51 PM   #9  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Thanks for the support, ladies!

Luflic, I really hope the OTC remedy helps. Kidney stones are terribly painful...you've probably diagnosed yourself correctly, though. Get well soon!

I've been at orientation meetings all day. BLECH. But you know what happened? I finally realized that this is it. This is for real. Tomorrow I'll have 50 students staring at me, expecting something from me. And I won't have any lead teacher there to guide me or to fall back on. Just me. Up there. All alone.

Gah!

It's times like these I wish I could go to Sonic and turn all my food upside down. (We used to have a joke in our family that if you were served your food upside down, then all the calories and fat would just fall right out. Hehe.)

Well, besides school starting tomorrow, I need to do laundry and clean up my apartment. Now that I'm out from the world of John Gower, my eyes were suddenly opened to realize that this place is a MESS!

~Amanda
Old 08-16-2005, 07:39 PM   #10  
Alis volat propiis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calpurrnia
It's times like these I wish I could go to Sonic and turn all my food upside down. (We used to have a joke in our family that if you were served your food upside down, then all the calories and fat would just fall right out. Hehe.)
~Amanda

LOL! I'm sneaking in the last few minutes before I have to pack and get to bed so I can leave at 4:30AM tomorrow. In the same vein, Amanda, anything made in a foreign country doesn't count, 'cause calories don't translate.

If you break something into little pieces before you eat it, all the calories fall out.

If you eat something that is usually warm, cold or something that is usually cold, warm.... it doesn't count because the calories get confused. Same thing goes for eating breakfast foods at dinner or pizza at 8AM.

If you eat a piece of cake and then eat a carrot really fast, the carrot cancels out the calories from the cake.

If you eat something off of someone else's plate, it doesn't count because only go home with their original owners.

Luflic, you're in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the OTC thing works. If not, do what you have to do and know we're witcha.

Best of luck tomorrow, Amanda! Show those snot-nosed undergrads what a Sista can do!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:08 PM   #11  

Hi! I finally made it here today! Dh and I had planned to swap cars in town after he got out of work. He'd take my car with the kids and I'd take his truck and go to my meeting. Well I had an hour before my meeting so we decided to look at a new truck. I was so late I didn't have time to get his truck as we drove to the dealership together leaving his car on the other side of town. So he dropped me off at my meeting I ran in, weighed in and left b/c the kids were so tired and grumpy they would noy have been able to wait that long. I would have liked to have stayed. But Despite REALLY bad eating I lost half a pound. I am happy with the loss, but I know if I don't bust my tookus this week that those doughnuts are gonna find me. I missed last week's weighin so that half a pouns is two weeks worth.

Well anyway how is everyone?

Maggie-Travel Safley and enjoy yourself! You can allow yourself the occasional treat while making wise choices overall. Can't wait to have you back!

Amanda-You'll do great I am sure! Great job on trudging through your reading and getting it done!!!! How did packing your own point friendly meal go? That is a great idea I need to start doing that. FABULOUS JOB MEETING YOUR GOAL!!!!! definatley deserves a dancing nanner or two

Luflic-My thoughts and prayers are with you!! I hope you find relief soon!!!!

Lisa and Lori-How are you girls doing? I'm glad you can post when you can, I know how crazy things can get. Lori I hope things are getting better for you.

Ok Ladies. I have totally slacked off on posting my food and meeting my challenge goals. But tomarrow is a new week for me so I am looking forward to a fresh start!!! DH is FINALLY hooking up my treadmill so I get tuck in duty today. DD is ready for bed so I have to scoot. Hav ea fabulous night!!!!
Closed Thread