Old 08-13-2005, 05:22 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #111

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:35 AM   #2  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Share something fun and silly with us!

Faye

I guess this should be a Wed woe but...I had the day from yesterday! Let's see, broke my reading glasses as I walked into the commissary so I couldn't read anything, ask for plastic and they bagged up everything in paper, though the checkout clerk told the bagger, I heard her. When I am alone, I only like plastic because it has handles and I can carry more than one bag. I made them rebag, though the checkout clerk and myself helped and the bagger still got a tip everyone can make mistakes, got home had to drag it all in and put it away in the heat, then started a pan of water to make rotini for pasta salad for my sil's bday cookout today. I had taken off my brand new outfit to fix the stuff, but I finished and redressed because I was going to have to go get Jack. I put the chip dip container on top of the pasta Tupperware bowl (for you oldies, you may know what the big fix and mix bowl is and that is what it was in) and when I put it in the fridge, the dip container slid, the whole thing fell out of the fridge bounced on the floor, the lid came off the tupperware and yes, you guessed it oily pasta salad all over, which I slipped in and fell, messing up my Clark sandals and putting Italian dressing all over my new outfit. I just cried! Took me half an hour to clean everything up as I had to clean it up, mop the floor 4 times to get up the slippery oil, gather up all the kitchen towels I grabbed when I fell so I could crawl out of the mess! I rushed around to the laundry room and sprayed my suit with Shout and let it sit while I took another shower to wash off the dressing. Came down and put it in the washer then when it was finished, re-washed it in dish soap (HINT HERE: DISH SOAP WILL CUT THE OIL IN CLOTHES) In the meantime, Fortune had thrown up all over the recliner and pooed on the floor in the dining room! SIGH.....The only good thing is I guess all that swimming has helped strengthen my bad knee because it didn't dislocate when I slipped and fell and it always has before. Hopefully, today will be better!

Everyone have a good weekend!

Faye
Old 08-14-2005, 06:08 AM   #3  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is do you have a product or company that you refuse to use and why?

Faye

We went to dd's for sil's bday yesterday and I got to see T for the first time in 2 months. I do miss him a lot but it is what it is. He was so funny. He is getting to be so grown up. He was playing this complicated video game called Rachet and Clank and he loves for me to sit and watch and he explains everything as he is playing. Gave me a headache just to see how he manuevered in and out of the planets and gadgets and weapons and everything! It amazes me because my dd said he taught himself how to play the game and he can't read yet!

I guess I am going to clean downstairs today after I get back from the pool and put a roast in the oven for dinner. It is really hot here again so you don't want to go outside and do anything even to walk around outside.

Well girls, not much news here! Have a great day today.

Faye
Old 08-14-2005, 12:35 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Yay! I got my first 4 point day of the week yesterday - it felt good to be back on track! I say 'felt' because I've already blown it today as I've eaten chocolate cake! Oh well, it was pretty yummy and I'll be back OP for good tomorrow.

I'm in the middle of clearing out my wardrobe and cupboards to give all my too big clothes to the charity shop. Oh my goodness - I've got nothing left! I've had to get rid of about 10 pairs of trousers because they are far too big for me now - it feels good because I remember when they felt tight, and it is a real visual reminder of how far I have come. It felt a bit scary clearing everything out - in the back of my mind I was thinking 'but what if I put the weight back on?' - but then I thought 'No! I am never going back!' Perhaps I should keep one pair of trousers to remind myself where I was.

All I have left are 3 pairs of trousers (which are all also a bit on the large side, but they are okay with a belt on) and 2 t shirts! I desperately need some new clothes - even my underwear is too big! When I was in the charity shop, I noticed that they stock clothes in larger sizes - I saw a pretty top for £2.50, but I didn't buy it as it looked a bit big, but I'm definately going to keep my eyes open for other stuff.

FAYE - Sorry about your bad day - it is lucky that you didn't injure yourself, like you say, your knee must be getting stronger!

JULIE - Glad you enjoyed your fighting!

SILLY POLL - I boycott L'Oreal because I am against animal testing for cosmetics. I think they may have stopped testing on them now, but years ago they were the only cosmetics company who refused to stop testing and even moved their laboratories to a different country when animal testing was banned. There are so many other great companies that are ethically sound that I refuse to give L'Oreal my money! I also pretty much steer clear of McDonalds and Burger King and would NEVER go near a shop that sold fur.

Have a great day

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:26 AM   #5  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is setting fall goals. It is time to set a goal for fall girls, so let's all decide what we would like to lose between now and December and work towards that goal!

Amanda

back later girls!

Faye
Old 08-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #6  

Faye, sorry your day was so bad. I keep a large bottle of Dawn in the laundy. I swear its a better stain remover than anything else I've tried. My Saturday started out great - had my quilting class with Pat Sloan - omg! I thought I won't get much out of it and probably not finish the project since it was folk art and I'm a traditional appliquer...I found a new love - it was freeing not to have all those patterns and almost no prep - throw that fabric on and sew (hand sewing). I worked on it all day yesterday and hated to have to put it aside to come to work. Any way, my friend and I were sewing up a storm with the rest of the class and bang - off goes the electricity. VEPCO says it'll be off for hours since it was a transformer that blew up and so our class is done. You do have to be able to see what you are sewing and I'm too old to just sit near a window and see well enough to sew. At least there was only another hour of class to go so we didn't miss much.

Took Friday off - snowed under when I came in today. You would think I'd been gone a month. At least the boss is leaving today until Labor Day so I should be able to get caught up.

Amanda, Way to Go on the points. I am like you thinking I need to keep my big clothes just "in case." Well, they are going because I'm not allowing myself to get any bigger than I am now. I buy a lot of stuff at thrift shops. Several of the ones here you can get brand new stuff with the tags still on that the stores donate after the sale hasn't gotten rid of it. My quilting friend buys everything except her underwear there and she always looks like she buys expensive stuff - she knows how to find the good stuff and is small - 6 or 8.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:02 PM   #7  

My goal for now to December...get down to 150. Now let's see how many ways I can mess that up.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:35 PM   #8  

Hi everyone!
I'm here and doing okay. The weekend was a disaster food-wise, but I did manage to get in some exercise.

Not much going on. Have to get an article done, so I should scoot. I just wanted to pop in and say "hi"

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:56 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Well I just got 1 point yesterday - as you know there was a chocolate cake in the house, so no suprise about what happened to it! I came back from church - which is a good 25 minute walk each way and decided to take a well earned rest day from the gym - I felt really stiff and achy and my body was obviously telling me to have a day off. I had an enjoyable afternoon - just chilling, watching athletics on TV and reading.

Today I went out with my friend - we had a look around the shops and I bought a T-shirt in the sale for £6 (about $10). It is a lovely pale blue and fits beautifully - I'm pleased to add another top to my other two!! My friend bought me ice cream, so that's my calories gone for the day!

My Autumn (sorry Fall! ) Goal - To be in Onederland! I am 228 now, so I'd like to be 199 or less by December - that's 29 lb in just over 3 months so I'd better get working on it NOW!

Have a good evening

Love Amanda x
Old 08-15-2005, 02:54 PM   #10  

Afternoon ladies!

Amanda
Faye

Let's see, my goal for the Autumn..... is 295. I am GOING to get my behind below 300 by December.

Susan/VA: How rotten to lose the rest of your class. I am going to start knitting again when I get back from vacation and try and get some things done for Christmas and for a new baby. I can still hand sew close up as long as I have no contacts or glasses in, but otherwise forget it. I don't do cross-stitch because my hands have a touch of arthritis and they start hurting fairly quickly.

Amanda: Chocolate cake is a killer isn't it? I know I am in BIG trouble in Vegas. They have French pastry shops, Italian pastry shops, the Cheesecake factory and a place called the Chocolate Swan and I bet you can't figure out what THEY sell? Oh well, it is vacation and I plan on thoroughly enjoying it fat calories and all. I am going to hit the pool everyday if I can and walk a lot even if it is indoors.

Julie: Don't work too hard on your article. I am proud you are getting some exercise!

My pool workout was so hard this morning and I have no idea why. I finally gave it up after about 50 minutes as I couldn't seem to get my strokes in a rhythm. I did get all 4 "routines" in though so I guess I am ok. Besides, I cleaned the upstairs today so I got some exercise there too.

Talked to my dil over the weekend. She called me about how high to cook eggs on an electric skillet. I guess my son said, "Call mom, she is the best cook I know." I am just going to have to make him something special when we go up there Thanksgiving, bless his little heart! Maybe some turtle empanadas! She told me she was going with her friend Kelly and her dsis to an auction down the street and my son was going to lay on the couch all day! Though it sounds like Homer Simpson, I have to say the man works 40 hours a week, works out 3 days and does jujitsu 3 days so he deserves his couch time I guess!

I need to skeddaddle! Ok, for all of you oldies who have known me a long time, here is your Faye OCD moment....I packed for vacation yesterday!

PS: I received this in an e-mail from a friend. I am sure they could use our prayers
There's a lady at the church who works with a grandma who found her three very small 3, 18 mos. and 3 mos. grandchildren alone in a hotel room. I guess she had tracked them down somehow, so she needed help. All the nursery workers pitched in and a few others at the church to help. I spent 50 on clothes for each of them and diapers, of course. I guess all she could buy was a carseat for each of them to get them home! They hadn't been changed or fed for 2 days, I guess. Anyway, their names are Daisy, Georgie and Isaac. Please pray for these precious children and even more for their grandma!!!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 08-15-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:05 PM   #11  
It is what it is...

Afternoon All, having a crappy day at work today so I will keep this short, just wanted to stop in and say "hi" ... I did thoroughly enjoy all my fair food on Friday and was afraid to weigh myself this morning, I think I am going to give it a few more days

I guess I will set my Christmas Goal at losing 25 pounds between now and the end of the year, that is only about 6 pounds or so a month, so that should be do-able and would put me at about 175 or so ... maybe if I am good I can lose more but who knows ... well hope you all have a great day, I have to work over tonight and I am already tired.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:30 AM   #12  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is dairy. Let's make sure we get our dairy girls through yogurt, cheese and milk. Need it for those bones that are getting older!

back later

Faye
Old 08-16-2005, 07:54 AM   #13  

Morning everyone!

Since everyone is setting fall goals...I think I will too. For real. I want to be below 200 by the end of the year. That's only 9 freakin' pounds....if I can't manage that, well....maybe I should just be put out to pasture

Up to now, I've been writing in the morning before the kids get up because it's the only time the house is quiet. But I think once school starts in 2 weeks, I'm going to workout before they get up and write after I take them to school. Ben is in 1st grade this year, so I have ALL DAY to do whatever I want! Well, not really, but it's nice to think about.

Amanda--good for you on that 50 mins of walking! That's awesome. The last time I was at a decent weight, I lost a bunch because I was walking to all my college classes. I wasn't "trying" to lose, it just happened. So, anytime you can get some extra walking in is great.

Carrie--Sounds like the fair was a blast. I wait a week after our fair to weigh in.

Susan/va--sorry about the quilt class...at least the power didn't go out in the beginning. I love hand sewing!

Faye--GO unpack your bags NOW....so you'll have something to do today. You're such a goof.

Gotta scoot....everyone have a great day!

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:26 AM   #14  

Good morning, ladies! I'm about cooked now it's been so hot...roasted Susan for dinner! My boss had me call the consultant yesterday and set a time for him to come down from New Jersey so we can start the database upgrade. The last time we did that, 7 years ago, it was 2 years of pure **** and the boss sent me to Disney World for 2 weeks to recover. Now he wants to do one last upgrade before I retire....and I'm a stress eater...guess I better get a list of alternative things to do made up now.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:47 PM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 2 points yesterday - I weighed myself this morning and I am still at 228 - I am SO happy that I've not put on any weight during this last week of eating badly! I know my body is at a stage where my metabolism is high through all the exercise I am doing, so fortunately I can get away with going off track a little now and again. However, I also know that this won't be the case forever and the pounds will start piling on again if I don't get back OP Now!

FAYE - We will see you under 300lb this year if it kills us! I know you can do it! I will pray for those children - were they abandoned by their mother? I used to be a social worker and you would not believe how some people treat their children.

CARRI - Glad you enjoyed the fair - I agree, don't weigh yourself just yet! (although it's probably not as bad as you think)

JULIE - Yay! Julie has a new goal! When you get into Onederland you will hear me cheering from across the ocean - you deserve it so much!

SUSAN/VA - Hope your boss and database upgrade aren't as stressful as last time! Better start looking at those holiday brochures just in case!

Love Amanda x