Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 11:25 PM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #140

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies site!

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey, and we also share the ups and downs of our daily lives. Please feel free to join us!
Old 08-11-2005, 12:02 AM   #2  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I would have to say that was a first for me in a few months ...getting a new thread started...

Cristi...just giving you a big HUG!
Jane,,,,I think you should open the blinds,,,turn on some rock and you an Neil dance around naked....at night. With all the lights on. Jane, I really don't think your being a bad friend,,,you got hurt from the dog pulling. You need to heal, and seriously what are the chances of this dog doing it again and again you getting hurt even worse? nuff said.

Marti, hope you and your Sweety are enjoying your time together....*wink

Welcome Karla, I have a 12 lb BIG Jack Russel,,,she doesn't realize she is small.

I just went chopping, bought some pink jeans...on sale. Becky (who works at Penninton's still gets 50% off regular price) is going to pick up these brown cords,,,they have some funky design on the bum...not that I want to emfisize (sp) my butt, there cute.
Tomorrow I am finally getting rid of my grey...*sigh of relief.
Have to say,,,my foot has been really sore lately,,,worried about Disneyland and all the walking.

well i should get off to bed
Old 08-11-2005, 01:38 AM   #3  

Wow!!! You're going to disneyland?? How awesome!!! When are you going and for how long?? I just went last month from July 14 thru the 19th and had a great time!!!
My daughters Jack was the runt of the litter...he is full grown and only weighs about 8 1/2 pounds...lol He is so darling!!! He is such a lover and yet he is so fierce sometimes...lol
Have a wonderful night Ladies!!! And Jane I think da fat n da furious is right and I was wrong...go ahead and open up the blinds!! You just might make someones day...lol
Old 08-11-2005, 07:00 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies--

Popped in for a minute....must go get some sleep. So I will be back around noon.

Night!
Old 08-11-2005, 10:15 AM   #5  
a work in progress

Good morning ladies...

Arrrgh, my house is a mess! Wish I could take two days off -- make that two WEEKS -- and just clean and organize. Marti, come help me!!! You could be my cheerleader or my coach Hopefully I can get something done on Saturday -- Sunday we are supposed to go to the Renaissance Faire, and that will be a long drive.

Angie, hope your foot is better in time for Disneyland! We wore a pedometer and were shocked to find that we were walking 11-15 miles per day. I know it might seem extreme, but if your foot is really bad still, you might consider bringing a dr's note and using a wheelchair, since you'll have all those big strapping guys to push you The upside is that with a dr's note, I think guest services will still give you a pass to get the front of lines...but at the very least, make sure you have comfy, comfy, shoes. And avoid standing in lines as much as possible by using the Fast Passes.

Ellen (((hugs))) If you're feeling blue, c'mon in here. You know we're here for you I know it's hard when kids head out on their own. I only have the 14 year old left now...although the 19 year old wanders in from time to time to eat or play video games

Cristi, thank you so much for the card you sent. And hang in there, kiddo. Erik warned me when he was in basic not to send any "flowery" stationery -- because the drill sergeant would make a big deal of it, and open it and read it in front of everybody. He also told me not to send any goodies, because the officers would eat them in front of everyone. So when he was feeling really low, I told him I'd make some sawdust cookies and ex-lax brownies for the drill sergeant to share with his buddies But, I only told him that on the one phone call he got to make to us -- I wouldn't dream of putting something so incriminating in writing!!! Especially if he might have his mail read...

Jane, hey, running around naked gets my vote! Unfortunately, this is what I would look like right now: So, woe betide anyone who peeks through my blinds! As for the dogwalking, hon...you can't do it if you got hurt. It's nice to do a friend a favor, but not if you are risking getting hurt again. So don't feel bad, I'm sure she'll understand.

Karla, new babies are so exciting! Bet your daughter will love having the extra help with the baby while her husband is away. Will this be your first grandchild?

Who was the new fellow Disney-nut??? Karla? Judy? There are a few of us here who just LOVE Disneyland (or Disneyworld -- I haven't been there yet, but definitely will someday). We usually make a trip once a year -- we live in Northern CA. We were hoping to take my 14 year old this Spring Break, but since we are going to Ireland in September, we might have to push that to summer. Guess we'll see what our budget looks like.

My friends at work gave me a beautiful sympathy card, and some little gifts...a CD of Irish music, a gift card to Starbucks, and a pretty orchid plant for my desk. My job is hard and stressful, but my co-workers are really the greatest.

The weirdest thing happened yesterday. I answered the phone at work (that's my job, I do customer service in a call center), and I said, "Thank you for calling, my name is Linda...how can I help you?" Linda was my sister's name. Strange, huh?

Hi to everyone else Sue, Susan (where are ya, girl?), Mindee, Anita, Beth, holy cow I sound like Miss Mary Ann from Romper Room! I think I need to write a list of all our names so I can do roll call...
Old 08-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good afternoon ladies~

Still not feeling so great but I know eventually it will pass. I will always miss Josh but I know he has to live his own life and do what he feels he has to do. Anyway, to answer everyone... I took him down yesterday morning at 7 a.m. and just couldn't say a word to him. I hugged him and my mouth wouldn't work. He said "I'm leavin'." and went in the place and I know because he didn't want to see me cry which I did almost the whole way there. I was trying hard not to, (to be strong for him) but I just couldn't help it, just wouldn't stop-the same with today. Geez, where do all the tears come from? I hated seeing him go but know I will see him soon-doesn't help. So, from there (Wichita) they were taking a shuttle to KC and he was off to Fort Benning, Georgia sometime today. They said when he gets there the guys will have a chance to call home so I am sitting here waiting. Pretty sure if will be later this evening though. He has about 18 weeks of training, basic and then special because he joined the Airborne (Army). Then he will be home for 14 days before getting his orders. And luckily he is going to work with the SGT. here to recruit so the 14 days home will not come off his time which if I remember correctly they get 28 days of leave?? That's about all I know right now. I did end up talking to him though. I went to Wal-Mart to try and do my grocery shopping before going hom and he called needing his Dr.s name and address, so I got to say what I didn't when I dropped him off.

THANKS ladies for the well wishes and hugs-it really means A LOT!

Jane~I think I will leave the running around naked to you and Neal! With this bod, there will be none of that. Hey, maybe I should change my ticker to reflect my highest weight. I think I did that before and then changed it to what I started at when I joined WW and seemed stuck at forever-maybe it will motivate me. About not walking the dog anymore...I totally think your friend does understand and doesn't want to see you get hurt again. Next time it could be worse and she wouldn't want that. So don't fret and feel like you quit because you helped her out a lot by walking it as long as you have and I know she appreciates it and you. You are right...Josh will get tons of letters and cards!

Karla~DS just joined the Army Airborne for 4 years! It's just hard for me to let them go, even though I know he will be back. I think if he was just moving out it wouldn't be as bad but him joining the Army kills me. Bet you are excited about your DD moving in and looking forward to having a grandbaby! I know I would be.

Ellen~we can be down in the dumps emotionally together! Seeing the kids leave is the pits, and I never dreamed it would be this hard! But they have to go, as hard as it is on us we have to let them go. And you won't be alone, you have us sweetie! We are here for you! We just have to find things to get involved in and stay busy.

Marti~well, I have to say that you telling us about the cigarette is a very big NSV for you! You didn't have to tell us and you did! We are not perfect and will make mistakes once in a while but you are doing an awesome job! And Angie said it best!

Judy~dogs are like people, very smart. Our little Ernie dog always senses when things are going on and it is going to kill him that Josh is gone. Josh is his fav of the family (I'm second) and he everyday about 4 if the door is open he goes close to it and sits and watches for him. He knows his and DH's green trucks and goes crazy when he sees them go by the door. He is at the door waiting for them to come in. He gets sad when Josh isn't around. Also, I feed him everyday between 5 & 6 and he is up and waiting for it. Of course he is terrified of thunderstorms too!

Anita~WTG on the loss! You are doing great with the weight loss! I haven't weighed in two weeks-will try to remember tomorrow to do it. Things have been stressful around here for me. I don't think I have ever known a child that doesn't like car rides until your little Joycelyn. My kids loved them and I even knew a lady that had to take her baby for a ride to get her to sleep. Maybe she will out grow it.

Katie~know what ya mean about 3 days not being enough time. Who came up with that one? I know when DH#1 was killed I had people over for the weekend. It happened on a Friday morning and some stayed the weekend and come Monday it was life as usual. I remember thinking it's not fair. The sun shouldn't be shining and life shouldn't continue for everyone, unfortunately that's the way it is. That is kind of strange that you answered as your sis. You were probably just thinking of her and her name came out, which is understandable. Thank you for the heads up, although I would never write Josh on flowery stationary or send him mushy cards-the kid would kill me! LOL He is totally not into all that and I am afraid if I write more than twice a week he will get tired of it. He more into the silly cards but nothing too mushy and no stickers and such like I put all over everything when I write people! LOL He is definitely a manly man. I definitely don't want the guys teasing him. Never thought about anyone reading his letters, so wrong, or eating goodies if I send some. Thanks for letting me know.

Angie~you be careful on that foot when you go to Disneyland! I definitely would take Katie's advice about the wheelchair-I was going to suggest the same but she beat me to it! And I can't believe you have grey girly! You are too young!

Beth~hope you are feeling better and had a fantastic first day of school! Can't believe it is getting ready to start already!

Hi to everyone else, Mindee, Katy, Sue, Susan, Terri-Lee and anyone I may have missed! Hope all is well with you all.

Didn't get much done today, unless crying counts! Not sure why it won't stop. Like DD said, "He will be back." and I know this but the tears just keep flowing. Geez, what am I going to do when DD moves out? It's going to kill me. Anyway, been trying to stay busy to keep my mind off things and my house is very clean! Maybe this is what I needed to motivate me to get off my booty and get things done. We are going to surprise Josh when he gets home with a makeover in his room. Going to dress it up a little and repaint. He painted it green when we moved in and I am going to leave a big stripe of it. But it will be painted a cream color with a horizontal strip that will be green, navy and white. Get some new bedding and rearrange the room-he will be surprised and I think he will like it. We'll see...anyway. Nothing much going on other than that.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day, what's left of it!
Old 08-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

Hi,

Don't even know where I left off????

HUGS to Katie and Cristi! Thinking of you both.

I am settled in my new home now for 2 weeks. I love it! It is so much bigger and the area is a slower pace.

I continue to work part time at my other job until that position is filled. It was denied for me to work part time here/ part time there. So, it makes for a full day, though I get off earlier, so that is great!

I was encouraged to apply for a site manager position, so I did. Interviewed yesterday, still waiting on word either way. Again, I did this last year with a negative result. Everyone seemed to say go for it and was very supportive.So, I hope that is a good sign.

It would mean moving again ( no more on site living!!!!) and a bigger salary ($18 per hour!). So, we wait.

Rocky came and went. It was a very stressful visit. I was getting ready to move, court and starting a new job. He picked the worse time. Also, Kris was on his worst behavior. Before we even left the airport he said "I'm not coming back here". He wanted to go back to SF and stay with his aunt. He warmed up though when he got to go fishing & fishing & fishing.
We spent almost NO time together alone to talk. It was miserable. Gaby liked Rocky though and bonded well.
Kris constantly picked on her and she cried on and on.

Court??? woooo hoooo. I won! Mike should have went with what I was offering. Now he hasn't seen Gaby since June 17th when he twisted my arm. He needs to set up visitation through Safety Matters to see Gaby. He can see her at his fathers but his dad has to agree & send a letter to the court. He will not be able to take her back to the coast til a custody evaluation is completed. I also get a phone call where I can talk with Gaby. He also will only get here from Sat am to Sun pm,....so he lost time.
I also get the 30 day notice if I want to move.

So,pooh on him. I have not heard a word since the court hearing. I doubt I ever will.

Gaby goes to her first dental appt in the morning. She is so sweet.

The other girls are spending more time with me and that seems to make them happier.

So, it has been going ok. I am 154 this morning................ugh.

best get! Have missed you all!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-11-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:37 PM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls--

Just another fly by since I've been running late. Plus I've been browsing and posting.

Update on me and those pesky cigarettes.

I have TRULY come to realize I can't do this w/out the aid of the patch. I thought I was fine when I had gone a few days w/out one, and then I don't know what, but I smoke.

This is difficult for me. I feel like such a failure coming here and posting how well I'm doing and then turn around and say...."I'm weak!" But I do feel proud that I'm only smoking a couple cigarettes rather than the whole darn pack! But still frustrating.

I believe a lot of it is because I'm sad w/out my family home w/me. I get lonely. Seeing James every now and then and Jhanai every weekend......maybe that's just an excuse I don't know. But I do know I want to quit, just don't know how "ready" I really am.

I found this post from a gal who is dealing w/the same issues so I replied back saying that I would join her in trying to get through this. I hope it helps.

So sorry girls if I sound like a pitiful creature!!

I need to get ready for work so I better get going. I will do personals later after work!

Hugs to all!
Old 08-12-2005, 12:01 AM   #9  
a work in progress

Hi ladies...

It's late, so this will be a quick one.

Darn it, I am really hoping to see my ticker move down this week. It's been two weeks since we started WW, and haven't had an official weigh in yet, since we had to leave the state last week. Gotta wait 'til Saturday morning.

Cristi, my heart goes out to you. Erik signed up for 6 years active and 2 years reserve. I hated that he went in the military, still hate that it was for so long, and he has decided he hates it too, but he's stuck for now. But I can say it really has helped him grow up a lot, be more independent...and I know it won't be forever. (((hugs)))

Susan, glad you won in court, and sorry your visit with Rocky was so disappointing. How old is his son? It's strange, it almost sounds like Nana and Kris are both trying their darndest to make it as hard as possible for him to have a relationship. And of course they love his first wife, she will always be a part of them, and Rocky obviously loved her too...but it's not right to try to keep him from having any happiness or companionship for the rest of his life. *sigh*

Marti -- keep your chin up, kiddo! You can do this. Don't know if this will work for you, but keep it in the mind if the patch isn't effective for you. Tim got a box of the Nicorette gum. Said the taste wasn't good, but it was extremely effective. Instead of chewing a million pieces a day (the directions said to use as many pieces as the number of cigs you normally smoked), he waited until he was craving a cig so bad he couldn't take it, and then used a piece of the gum. Said it gave him immediate relief every time, and he didn't even have to finish the whole box of gum. He hasn't smoked in like...5 years now.

OK, hiya to everyone else, I gotta hit the sack...

Katiecat
Old 08-12-2005, 02:34 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Angie - thank you so much for starting a new thread. I went ahead and put the Weight Loss part in the title, to help keep us on our toes, lol. Pink jeans - oh how cute!! I love pink, and all shades of it. I too think you oughta think about getting a wheelchair for Disney. And yes, you'll get to go straight to the front of the lines with it. I'm afraid you'll hurt yourself even worse without one, and we can't have that!

Karla - how exciting that the new baby will soon be here. Does he have a name yet? You aren't going to spoil him, are you, lol. My mantra was since I was gonna get the blame anyway, I might as well spoil my grandkids. And I guess you see my grandma's motto in my signature, lol. Btw, we exchange cards once in awhile, and if you want, PM me your address, ok, and I'll PM you mine back. If you aren't comfortable with that, though, I totally understand.

Ellen - good to see you! Hey, if you're laughing, my job here is done, lol.

Katiecat - oh how poignant that you answered the phone with your sister's name. You must have been thinking of her very strongly. So funny about the cookies, lol. Served tham right. Good luck with weigh in tomorrow.

Cristi - (((HUGS))) to you, Cristi!!! Ok, 18 weeks will put Josh home for Christmas, right? I know this because Neal will be retiring in 17 weeks, and that's the 12th of Dec. Hope he gets to have some of those Georgia peaches right off the trees. My XDH was in the 101st Airborne out of Ft. Campbell, KY. The Airborne guys are a brave bunch. Yep, I think you sure should change your ticker to reflex the correct weight loss to date!

Susan - YAY for your new home, hon!!! Send me your new address, ok? And I'm very excited with your win in custody. Finally things are going well for you. Good luck on the site manager job. Sorry you and Rocky didn't get more time together, and that his son was such a snot to Gaby! Did Rocky see how his son was behaving, or did he turn a blind eye to him?

Marti - hey, friend, that's what we're here for, ok? I could have Never quit smoking w/o the patch. So don't feel bad. We're only human, hon.

My computer is wanting to update something, and wants to turn off, so I am going to post this much, then come back and add some stuff.....

Ok I'm back. Thank you all for the advice about the dog. Made me feel better with my decision to bail out.

News flash: Mary and I are swapping house again. Now that Neal is retiring, he really wants to fix up the old home place. Mary and Dale do not. So they are going to buy this place from us, and we're going to take over the other house. It needs some Major renovation, and I just hope we're up to it, lol. We'll hire lots of it done, but we can do quite a bit ourselves. It needs new windows, new siding, new drywall, a bathroom renovation, new kitchen cabinets, yada, yada, yada. The place is huge, so although we'll be living in it during all the work, we'll have plenty of room to move around it. Katie is so excited, and so is Neal. I'm just trying to focus on how nice it will be when it's finished. Yikes, am I too old for all this??

It's almost 4 in the morning here. No wonder I can't sleep, lol.

See you tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:09 AM   #11  

Good morning,
Yesterday was a busy day. Curves and a meeting in the morning. At noon I got two of our granddaughters and brought them home for the afternoon. Kaitlyn is 6 and Meghan is 2. Kaitlyn enjoys playing with the dolls, dressing and undressing them. Meghan is just busy. When my son came after he was done work, we all went in the pool. It was cooler than the last time we went in but we had fun anyway. Hubby got home shortly after they left. He was disappointed to have missed them.

Dusty (the dog) is a black lab. She probably spends as much time here as she does at home. She is often here when our daughter goes away or just because Kathryn doesn't want her to be lonely. Our own dog (Mollie) is an 11-month old border collie. She is a character. When we got her at 6 weeks, she was just a bit bigger than the cat. We have a picture of the two of them meeting. They are real buddies even though Mollie is now much bigger. When Mollie comes inside, she always looks for the cat. This particular cat is not afraid of dogs at all so she rubs up against Mollie to say 'hi'. That's my animal story for the day.

hugs,
Judy
Old 08-12-2005, 12:35 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Friday morning ladies!

Judy~so cute how animals (our babies) are. And hey, Jane has a Molly too! I envy you ladies with grandbabies-one day I will have some. Love the names Kaitlyn and Meghan, so cute!

Marti~don't be so hard on yourself. We are only human and we make mistakes and don't ever say you are a failure! I do the same with the weight loss but I know deep down eventually I will do it and get this weight off as you will quit smoking. So keep your head up and just keep going missy. I'm sorry you are feeling lonely with James not there and only seeing Jhanai on the weekend. hang in there.

Jane~I know you and Neal can fix up the house, you're not too old to do it. And I know the end results will be BEAUTIFUL! It will be like a brand new house but more special because Neal grew up in it! Yes, if all goes as planned Josh will be home for Christmas-will miss Thanksgiving but I would rather him be here for Christmas. And to top it off we will get a weeks vacation when he graduates! Rather than go for just a couple of days I told V since I have never been to Georgia I am going to make a week of it. Of course, I'm not sure what there will be to do in the winter time! I've already sent off for some travel brochures so we can kinda plan something. I think I will add the highest weight to my ticker-ya talked me into it! LOL

Susan~I am sorry that you didn't get personal time with Rocky and that Kris was being a little bugger. I'm wondering too, if he (Rocky) just sat back and did nothing while Kris was acting that way towards little Gaby. Well, I am glad you are moved and settled. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get the new job-$18 a hour would be great! I figured Mike would eventually go away which is sad for Gaby, in a way. Maybe one day he will grow up and really try to be a father to her.

Katie~I think this will make Josh more independent also. I honestly think he needs this but I just worry. Such a big worry wart-wish I could just turn it off-it stresses me out so bad. How old is Erik? Sending good vibes for your WI tomorrow. :

Well, hi to everyone else

Not much on the agenda for today. I went to Lowes early this morning and bought a lamp-not right though so will have to take it back and exchange it. I knew I should have gotten the bigger one. Did a bit of rearranging last night in the living room. Had only the one end table and brought the other up from the basement but didn't have a lamp for it. I am trying to declutter the living room. Of course I am trying to keep busy also. Haven't heard from Josh yet which is killing me. I know he made it there because I don't have a bad feeling, just feeling bad, if that makes sense. Anyway, have a couple of loads of laundry to do, straighten a bit, run and get some milk and gets some cards ready to mail. I did weigh in today finally and am kind of sad to say I gained 2 pounds! Actually, I kind of expected it. Not usually a stress eater but this week has been the pits! But I did get a call about an hour ago for an interview Monday, so keeping my fingers crossed about that. It's just at Petco but right now I will just about take anything to keep me busy. I have applied at soooo many jobs it crazy. That's about all I have for now. Think I will run and get milk and take that lamp back to Lowes. Was going to have V do it when he gets home but I am going crazy sitting here!

Take care ladies and have a fantastic Friday!
Old 08-12-2005, 08:32 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Welcome Judy!

I am the rude one that only talks about herself! lol I feel that way - sheesh.

wow on you "trading homes" Jane. I would love to have that opportunity, I will live through you and Neal

Rocky knows what a pill Kris is - everyone knows. I asked "how does he treat Nana?" Oh, Rocky said the same way as Kris treats him and everyone else.

UNACCEPTABLE to me. I am sorry his mother died when he was 23 days old. Sorry,sorry,sorry. I don't blame Kris though. I blame Nana & Rocky - they have let him run loose and it makes me sick. I don't want any part of it. I don't fancy myself turning this child around. I already have a full plate.

Rocky didn't let Kris get away with treating HRH Gaby horrible. He tried to correct Kris - just made for a stressful time. Sheesh,......10 days of trying to make Kris happy. What a pain.

On the last night he was here they came in at 10pm - from fishing and shopping. I was mad because he spent his last evening .,.......fishing!

He brought out a Clifford book though and gave it to Gaby. I thought that was nice and decided to give him a break.

Until Kris said " you can't look at that now" - he tried to take it away from her. I said "leave her alone Kris."

I told Rocky I wasn't going to put up with it anymore. I was tired of hearing Gaby cry.

So, he talked with him and the last day Kris was almost human......;0)

anyway, thirsty! Rach turns 14 on Sunday!!!! wooooo hooooo.

better get!
Old 08-13-2005, 01:17 AM   #14  

Hi Jaded Ladies!!! I hope this finds you all happy and healthy!!! And on the beach of course!!!
I had a busy last couple of days, so I havent' had a chance to post!!
My daughter is 36 weeks and 1 day preggers! She started having braxton Hicks, diarehha and large amounts of mucus discharge yesterday.
This morning it was worse...so she called her dr. office and when they called back they said she needed to go to the hospital to be checked. My daughter kept saying "I'm not in labor Mom...maybe its pre labor, but that's all."
I told her she needed to get checked just in case!!
Well we went to the hospital and shee is 1 cm. dilated and 70% effaced!!
The nurse who examined her thinks Connor will be here between 2 days and 2 weeks from now!! I am so excited!! She is not actually due until Sept. 8th, and when my daughter asked the nurse if she could go until then, the nurse gave a resounding "NO"...lol!!!
So it is preparation time, and my daughter is of course nesting!!!
I hope all of you had a wonderful day!! Tomorrow I hope I will have time to catch up and see how everyone is doing!!!
Happy friday and hope yours was good!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 08:01 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Good morning, oh Jaded ones,

Judy - like Cristi says, I have a Molly, too. I'll use her photo with a Santa hat on as my avatar when it's closer to Christmas. I've been having fun with my DGDs, too. Aren't they just so much fun? Here's who I have: my DD Mary has twins - Makenzie and Madison, who are 3, and Caylin who is 22 months. My son is engaged to Gina who has Makenzie, 6 and Macy, 2 1/2. I have a stepDGS in Mississippi but we very seldom get to see him.

Cristi - don't fret about the 2 pounds. It will come back off in good time. Georgia has some gorgeous antebellum plantation homes that I would love to tour. We've driven through Georgia, but have never visited. Always wanted to, though, and it's on our list of places to go someday. There's a nice airport in Atlanta. Good luck with the interview! Petco would be a great place for you to work, knowing how much you love animals. You'd spend your entire check on cool stuff for Ernie, right? lol

Susan - well, at least Rocky tried to make Kris behave. Kris is probably very jealous of you, and especially of Gaby. He might be worried that the 2 of you could replace him in his Dad's heart. Kids get funny ideas! Sounds like he needs a swift kick in the rear, though, lol. So what are your and Rocky's plans now?

Karla - how exciting that Connor is almost here! I remember nesting, and watching Mary nest, also. Things have to be just so for the mama to feel comfortable bringing the baby home, right? Will you be in the delivery room? Mary had the twins in the OR, and no-one but her DH was allowed. Then, when she had Caylin, Neal, Katie and I kept the twins occupied in the waiting area until the baby was here and cleaned off a bit.

Hi to the others.

Just thinking about all the things I have to do to move makes me tired. I swore I'd never move again, and now here we go, lol. Mary and I are going to swap all the kitchen things a week or so before the actual move date, which is Labor Day Saturday. I've arranged for a couple of my great-nephews to come move the really heavy stuff. That will save Neal's back and my sanity. What's left of it, lol.

I haven't been to the Y since I hurt my knee, and the food hasn't been too great either. Somebody Stop Me!!!!!!

Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread