Old 04-21-2005, 11:58 AM   #1  
Jessica Sears

Unhappy What am I doing wrong??

I have been on the first stages of atkins for 3 days now and iv'e only been eating 20 carbs or less a day and I haven't lost any weight! Am I doing something wrong??
sweetkiss87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:29 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

only 3 days? Give it the week. Your body is just starting to figure out you've changed the way your eating. If your eating 20 or less carbs, you should be fine. Dont worry about the scale just yet....put it away until the full 7 days are up, check to make sure everything is going down, and get on with the next week.

Watch out for diet sodas, sugar free items, and sweeteners. These will very likely stall out your weightloss.

Good luck to you, pop over to the Atkins dailys and say hi and hang out.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:33 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

Sometimes 3 days isn't long enough to get/see results. Did you take your measurements before you started? Sometimes those change before you see a scale change. Like Robin said....watch for those no-no things. I think the book says sometimes it could even take up to 2 weeks to see results. You've read the book, right??
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #4  
Taaa Daaa!

Like you've already heard......keep it up and just wait. Even if you had lost anything in 3 days it would only be water weight.....which fluctuates daily. Hang in there and keep up the good work. This is supposed to be a lifestyle change, not a quick fix, and those take time!
Tuuurtlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 239.5/239.5/190

Height: 6.2

Hang In There.. Your Gonna Loose Before You Know It!
corn-fed fron Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Make sure you are counting EVERY carb. There are some hidden in things you wouldn't imagine. For instance, there are 4 carbs in 3 scrambled eggs. If you don't have a carb counter, you might want to get one or try using FitDay online--it's free. It can be a real eye opener.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:51 AM   #7  

Sweetkiss - Congrats on working on a better way of eating! I see that you are 17 and would like to be 100 lbs. - how tall are you? I must tell you that when someone is close to goal weight, or not very big to begin with, their body doesn't give up the lbs. without quite a struggle. The body is an amazing thing and will protect itself - so you may need to be asking yourself if your goals are realistic and healthy. You are still growing and maturing and with that comes body changes. Just keep active, eat healthy and your body will be what it should be. Good luck!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:09 PM   #8  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65
Make sure you are counting EVERY carb. There are some hidden in things you wouldn't imagine. For instance, there are 4 carbs in 3 scrambled eggs. If you don't have a carb counter, you might want to get one or try using FitDay online--it's free. It can be a real eye opener.
FitDay.com says that 1 egg is 0.6 carbs, so 3 eggs would be 1.8 carbs - 2 rounded off. It only has more if you are cooking it with regular milk. I cook mine with either Carb Countdown milk or plain water.
FatVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote