Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2001, 07:20 AM   #1  

I just started Body Flex 2 weeks ago and have seen great results. I would like to chat with others who have tried BF and like it.
JOIN IN!
Old 02-07-2001, 04:23 AM   #2  

Hi LAGirl,
Did you use to do the Larry North Slimdown? I think I remember you from there. Anyway I wanted to invite you to our Oxycise thread which is a breathing exercise like Body Flex. If you would like to post with us that would be great. The two programs are similar and both work great. So if you would like, come on over to the "Oxycise Is Exercise" thread and post with us other heavy breathers ! Hope to see you there.

Rose
Old 02-12-2001, 04:51 AM   #3  

Hi LA Girl,
How are you doing with Body Flex? I started about the same time you did and I LOVE it. I hate excersizing, so why I tried it is a wonder. I guess it just looked like an easy way out! I can't believe how much better I feel plus the fact that I am losing weight and inches. Some mornings I don't want to stop, so I rewind the tape and do it 2x. What kind of results are you getting?

------------------
bunziee
Old 02-12-2001, 05:20 AM   #4  

Hey Bunziee (cute name)

I started BF exactly 3 weeks ago and I have lost 8 pounds and about 15 inches. But the best part is that I have so much more energy. I have started riding my lifecycle too (the one that was getting dusty in my bedroom).

People are noticing the inch loss and one person said, "did you get a facial recently?".

So I love this program and do the breathing in the car too. The days I don't do you, I get cranky and feel bad so it has made a BIG change in my life and MOOD! So tell me about your results....
Kel
Old 02-12-2001, 11:22 AM   #5  

Hi!
We have been doing BF exactly the same amount of time! I have lost 6 lbs and 8 inches. I joined WW last June because I needed to lose 50 lbs and did pretty good for a while. I lost 25 and then struggled all fall, (putting 7 lbs back on) especially through a vacation and the holidays. But since I found BF, I think I will really make my goal and by summer! I know what you mean about missing a morning - it's ugly! I couldn't run up steps without huffing and puffing before I started. But 5 days ago I ran up 47 steep steps and was not out of breath - could not believe it! It's almost to good to be true. I hope the bubble doesn't pop. Lets keep in touch (since we started the same time) with each others progress.

Bunziee
[email protected]
Old 02-13-2001, 09:17 AM   #6  

Bunziee,
That's great. Are people noticing the loss yet? How much do you want to lose by summer and what's your goal date?

I have a wedding August 1. So that gives me about 5 months to lose about 25 more pounds. I've lost 10 (I'm going to Europe next week). The good thing about BF is that I can do it on vacation.

SO, setting goals and talking to people really helps me so stay in touch!

KEL
Old 02-13-2001, 09:54 AM   #7  

Hi LA Girl,

My mom noticed, but then she knew I was doing BF. I am also going to WW and had put on 7 lbs over the holidays - so I am just getting back to where I was last fall! I had lost 25 lbs on WW. I want to lose at least another 20 to 30 lbs. So we are just about at the same place with our goals. I would like to lose it by June of this year. It's been many summers (ten) since I have wanted to wear a bathing suit and it sure would be nice.

You mentioned you have a wedding coming up - is it yours?

I hope you have a great trip - I think being able to do BF while away from home is a big plus. When I go to sales meetings, a lot of people go work out in the exercise room. I wouldn't be caught dead in one!! I guess that's the beauty of BF. I have to admit though that I have a phobia that it's just going to stop working - like every thing else I have tried and God knows that I must have tried everything available. Just call me gullable! Anyway, I hope 2 to 3 months from now we can both be smiling with great results!

Bunziee
Old 02-13-2001, 11:42 PM   #8  

Morning Bunziee!

The wedding is my brothers...and in Hawaii! So, that means bathing suits and sleeveless dresses. YIKES.

I'm up for the challenge of 25 pounds before July. I know what you mean about worrying that BF will stop working. I plateaued this week and didn't lose but a half of inch. But I have the book and it says to stick with it and you'll start losing again. I'm going to do it over vacation.

7 pounds over the holidays isn't so bad...at least you are back on track. Does your Mom do BF? And where do you live? I'm in Los Angesl, where it's been raining for days, but I can still do my BF, which is so great.

Talk to you soon.

Kelley
Old 02-14-2001, 09:11 AM   #9  

Hi Kelly,

I use to live in San Diego years and years ago. My youngest daughter was born there. I live in Spring Lake, Michigan now. Have you ever been to Michigan? I am on the West side of the state, just outside of Grand Rapids. It's pretty nice here.

Well, since your brother's wedding is in Hawaii, you have great motivation to make your goal. What a cool place to get married.

The BF book is how I got started. My husband had double pneumonia and has had a hard time getting energy back. I remembered reading about how deep breathing helps your energy level, so I went to the book store looking for a book on breathing - ended up with BF because it was the only one they had on deep breathing. After reading the book I decided I needed to try this. He just laughed at me and said he wasn't going to participate. Well, that gave me more encouragement to do it because I would love to show him just how great it is. So that's a great deal of my motivation! Anyway, now that you mentioned it, I do remember reading about the plateau. I think she said about every four weeks it happens. But even if weight loss and inches come off slow - just so long as they come off - it's worth it! Besides, I really do like the energy burst!

My mom isn't doing BF. But my sister decided to try it and started one week ago today. She lost 5 inches and was really happy about it. She was the one who got me going to Weight Watchers because she had lost a lot of weight using their point system. I have tried so many different diets, but WW really has helped me not yo yo so bad and I eat much healthier now. So now that I am eating and breathing better, all I need is to have a smaller body!

Where are you going in Europe? I went to Paris last year and it was fabulous. One thing that surprised me was that everyone there was thin. I think the only over weight people I saw were tourists, like me. I guess that blows the theory that you shouldn't eat late, because they don't start dinner til usually 8pm or later. One night we were eating dinner at 10:30 pm and the restaurant was packed. I wish I could travel more - but work gets in the way! I think if I won the lottery (which would be hard cuz I hardly ever play) I would travel the world.

I guess I'd better end this before it turns into a book!

Talk to you soon,
Bunziee

[This message has been edited by bunziee (edited 02-13-2001).]
Old 02-14-2001, 09:42 AM   #10  
Soon to be Lifetimer

O.K. so what is Body Flex.
I am really in the dark.
I don't know what Oxycise is either
HELP!!!
Thanks in advance
Old 02-14-2001, 10:24 PM   #11  

Good Morning!
FIrst of all to Jilly's mom...Body Flex is a program I bought from HSN and it's a 15 minutes workout that consists of deep breathing and stretches. I have been doing it for 3 1/2 weeks (almost every day) and have lost about 15 inches (from all over) and about 9 pounds. Also, it gives me great energy and my mood is much happier. I know there is a book on BF but I found the tape a great help. The breathing looks weird but works! I hope this has helped you.
Bunziee, No I have never been to Michigan, I hear it's very pretty but COLD right now! I'm going to Paris and if you have any suggestions of what to see, I would love that. I only have 3 days there so I want to see the best stuff. And I don't know if this is true but they say French people are thinner because they don't snack and don't eat alot of fast or junk food. What do you think?
So, what does your husband think now that BF is working for you? I'm divorced and I'm not sure I could let anyone see me doing this. They might think I'm nuts!
So Happy Valentines Day!! No candy for me. Bikinies!!!!
Kel
Old 02-15-2001, 09:23 AM   #12  

Happy Valentines Day!

Hey Jilly's mom, here is some more info on Body Flex. The program was designed by Greer Childers and I suggest reading the book - especially the chapter on oxygen - because it is filled with great info and the exercise positions. But the tapes are a great way to learn it and it gives you something to follow. I bought my book at Walden's for $14.00 and the phone number to order the tapes is 1-800-932-5224. I REALLY hate exercise programs, but I sincerely like this one - besides the fact that you start seeing results after the first week. Let us know if you do it and if you like it.

------------------
bunziee
Old 02-15-2001, 09:43 AM   #13  

Happy Valentines Day Again!

Hi Kelly,

I think you will love Paris. I am going to look in my "stuff" from my trip and give you some names of places we went. I'll need a day or two, so I will send the info by this week end. If you are going with another girl, make sure you hit a night club. I went with my girlfriend to Paris and the night we went "out on the town", we were not inside the club for 2 minutes before the French men were hitting on us! And they love to dance. You know, you are right about the junk food. It's hard to find any there. But they also walk everwhere and I'm sure that also helps.
My husband hasn't said much yet, but we talk about my progress. He has seen me try so many things and he is always encouraging me. He never picks on me about my extra weight which is remarkable because when we got married I was a perfect size 8. Anyway, maybe someday I'll get back to it.

I went to my Weight Watcher meeting today and I didn't lose any weight this past week - on a positive note, I didn't gain any either. I did lose 3 more inches this week. Hopefully next week I will drop a few more pounds.

Talk to you soon,
Bunziee

Old 02-17-2001, 10:59 AM   #14  

Hi Bunziee,

Congrats on the 3 inches! Good work.

I leave for Europe tomorrow so I won't be poting for a week. I will keep up my BF and try not to over do it.

I've lost 10 pounds and about 16 inches in one month. I don't want to hurt my progess.
Can you imagine me on the plane, Breathe, PAH!!!!, breathe.......very funny.

So have a great week. Talk to you soon.

Kel
Old 02-17-2001, 10:47 PM   #15  

Hi Kelly,

I just sat down (Sat) to send you the info on Paris and got your message about leaving today. I'm sorry I didn't send it sooner. I am hoping that someone suggested for you to visit the Louvre. It is unbelievable fabulous. I will be anxious to hear where you went and what you saw. I think the most impressionable places I went were the Louvre, the Musee d'Orsay, Paul Bert Street Antique Mall and of course the Eiffel Tower.

I am thrilled to hear your one month success with BF. I wish I could say my one month was as good as yours. I know I have a slow metabolism, and that's not helping - but hopefully I will get there! I ordered the Advanced BF tape this week because I read on the BF site that it helps get your heart rate up. I should have it in about a week, I'll let you know what I think of it when I get it. Do you BF once a day or twice? And for how long? I do it with the tape every morning and on days I feel real energetic, I rewind the tape and do it again. Very rarely do I do it in the evening (before dinner). Maybe I should. Sometimes when I am in my car, I do the breathing part. I don't know it I told you or not, but my sister started about a 1 1/2 weeks ago and lost 5 inches her 1st week.

Anyway, I'll be waiting to hear how wonderful your trip was when you return!

Bunziee
Closed Thread