Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #1  

Thumbs up The Ball

Being the infomercial junkie that I am, I got to watching the Bun and Thigh Roller on TV. Before purchasing, I thought I would check out some reviews. Some really liked it, others said that you could do the same thing with one of those exercise balls. Well, I went to Wal-Mart last night and bought an exercise ball and mimicked the same exercise that they do with the
Bun and Thigh Roller. Yowsa, dowsa. Talk about feeling the burn. I was amazed at how much the exercise ball worked my abs, they are really sore this morning. Now I’m interested in trying some of those workouts, I think it’s “The Core” by Gunnar?? Maybe? Anyone tried those exercises using the ball?
hollybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:43 AM   #2  

We have the balls at my Gym and I have one at home. I don't use it a lot but I have all the videos that teach me how (i'm too busy doing cardio right now..hah).. but I will tell you this... just about every person w/great abs at the gym uses the ball and/or the bosu (the bosu is the half ball that you can stand on while working out). You will get stronger faster with these balls because they force you to use the right muscles (core muscles) while working out and support your back to encourage the use of your abs. Anything that forces you to use your core will be much more beneficial than a crunch alone or a hip-press alone. Not to mention it will be better for your posture, back and coordination. Good luck and let me know how it goes - i'd be using my ball more often but I lost the air pump and it's a little too squishy!
MsDominatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:54 AM   #3  

I have the Bun & Thigh Roller and I love it, do it every morning along with my Beach Body Ab tape before going to the gym...I have noticed much improvement in my 'bun' area....lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:39 AM   #4  

Thanks for the feedback....After two days of using the exercise ball, I'm feeling ab muscles that I've never felt before!! It even hurts to cough!! I can't wait for my buns to start moving North!!! Ha ha..
Old 08-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #5  

Thanks for posting that, I should get to using my ball more often! What exercises are you doing w/it?
MsDominatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:39 PM   #6  

HA!

I bought the ball in June, and haven't touched it (SHAME on me!) I guess I need to dig it and the videos out - morning play time may be mom and her ball and the kids in the play room LOL

Louella
nhwahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:30 PM   #7  

MsDominatus- The main one that I’ve been focusing on simulates the movement on the Bun and Thigh Roller…Have you seen the infomercial? It is basically a rocking back and forth motion. You lay down on the ball with your back and then rock back and forth, almost as if you were doing a squat. Definitely feel the burn in the buns and in the abs. Also, when I bought my ball at Wal-Mart, it came with some exercises to do with the ball and I’ve been experimenting. Every exercise I have done works my abs, b/c I can definitely feel it. I LOVE IT!!

Louella – I’m having a “ball” with my exercise ball!! HA!! Honestly, I’ve been keeping it in the family room and when I’m watching TV, I’ll think of an exercise that I would like to do and just hop on. My husband loves the ball as well. He’s real picky when it comes to working the abs, and he admits that this one does the trick!!

I’ll keep ya’ll updated on my progress…Hopefully I’m a few weeks away from “better buns”!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 10:48 PM   #8  

I got a book online called "101 Ways to Work Out On The Ball" by Elizabeth Gillies. It is awesome. I bought some light weights to use with it too. I LOVE it. Give it a try. It has enough exercises that you'll NEVER get bored with the ball.
want2wearbikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:11 AM   #9  

Thanks want2wearbikini, I will definitely look into this book. I have also started incorporating the weights. I'm completely hooked on the ball since I got it, and I've done it every day. I can definitely notice a difference in my abs as well as my butt!! WOOHOOO!!! Look out, buns of steel, here I come!!