General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 01:11 AM   #1  

Smile Michael Thurmonds 6 week body makeover #2

Wow it is great to see so many posters. I am also glad everyone is getting, has or about to have their pgrm orders in.

I did pretty good today. I found I was alot more energetic then usual. A lot of times in the past I would feel fatigued and spaced. (lol)

I think not eating the junk foods and giving myself real foods has made a big difference in how I feel and my energy level. I actually cleaned my desk area in my office and handled lots of incomplete cycles. What a win! It was almost like a new me inhabited my body.

Today I got in all my water 100oz
Stayed on pgrm all day until was on the road at dinnertime and ate a little too much in a restaurant. But there is difinite progress here.

Love to hear how everyone else is doing.

My tip for the day George Forman (the really big grill Love it!)

Last edited by jenna; 08-08-2001 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-07-2001, 12:54 PM   #2  

Smile

Welcome Jennifer! You are in the right group.

JRomero....great first day!

Today my goal will be to get my 100oz of water drank and 45 min of walking in.

Last edited by jenna; 08-07-2001 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-07-2001, 05:06 PM   #3  

Default eating when your not hungry????

I have a little problem, I ate breakfast - ate my snack, then went out to lunch, I'm not hungry and didn't even remember to eat my afternoon meal. Now I'm headed home and have to fit in dinner. I don't want to force myself but I know how importatn the timing is. HELP!!
Old 08-07-2001, 06:17 PM   #4  

LOL I understand. What I find helps is to jump right back on the plan. Just make yourself a "light" dinner and continue on from there.

I have noticed that what we are eating in each meal is about the real size of your stomach, maybe a tad more.

Hope this helps JR.
Old 08-08-2001, 11:10 AM   #5  

How is everyone doing?

I am proud to anounce I am down 7lbs

I have found that although I would love to be perfect on dieting and I strive to be so....alas I do fall short.

The good news is that with this pgrm I have been able to set limits for myself and strive to perfect it each day. If I stumble I use the get right back on the horse attitude.

2 or 3 years ago I lost 70lbs with atkins and then regained it over a year period. (did I tell you yet I was a stress eater?) I really analized why with atkins I lost weight or why with ww I lost weight 6 years ago. It all comes down to food......lol.....how much when and exercise.....duh.

What I like about Micheal Thurmonds is it incorporates what I have learned over my dieting history and puts it together in a non mysterious, sane system. Hungrey.....never. Low calorie and portioned......yes. Working out...non stressful......yes. Produces results......difinetly.

So hey lets all do it. Take before pics. Be brave.... and around new years we will swap our before and after and celebrate. Next spring will be bikini time.

Just remember keep picking yourself up, dust yourself off and don't let anyone take your goal away from you. Not even your weakest moments.
Old 08-08-2001, 12:34 PM   #6  

Talking Thanks Jenna!

I have been struggling lately. I haven't gotten the program yet...waiting expectantly...but I told myself I was going to "be good" until I got it...and not let myself run amuck.

Well, I've been amuck. I could just kick myself...what's wrong with me? I told my weight history in the last thread...in the past few months, I've let myself regain all the weight I lost. I'm up to 220 this morning (sshhh...don't tell my husband, he'll kill me!) I just can't seem to discipline or control myself into making better food choices.

Your post actually helped me feel a little better Jenna, and I can relate...I lost 40# on Atkins, regained it all in a year. So I hope this program helps me set some limitations for myself...God knows I need them.

Sorry so depressed today...do want to take a moment to say to everyone, especially Denise, Serrano, & Jennifer, who have newly joined us. We're so glad you did.

JILL - Hope Day 3 is going well...keep up the good work!

DENISE - Sounds like you've got a great attitude...looking forward to hearing more from you! (BTW-I ordered my program on 7/25, they sent an email saying it was shipped on 7/26...I still haven't got it!)

SERRANO- Please don't feel like you can't post until you can get the program...any friend is always welcome here!

JENNIFER-welcome to you, and CONGRATS on your new baby!!! There are a few of us here that are trying for a wee one!

Hey, where's MITZI??? And we're still looking for BeachGirl....come out, come out, wherever you are!!!!

Lana
Old 08-08-2001, 02:08 PM   #7  

Default Day 3 - Hope this helps encourage you all

So far I'm doing good on the program, it really is a lot of food when you think about it. It may be easier because I'm at work.
I have my breakfast eggwhites with salsa and try to eat a piece fo fruit.
At 10ish I eat a little a small peice of chicken I cooked in salsa for my snack.
Then again around 12:30 - 1:00 I eat Lunch. I have another peice of chicken along with some ricwe and broccoli.
I eat my afternnon snack around 4-4:30. I eat dinner around 6:30. It doesn't seem like a lot of food but I really think you get used to it quick.
I'm promised my self I won't weigh myself again until Monday when I started. It was only on day 2 that I wanted to see if the change was really going to work. It was encouraging to wake up and lose 3 1/3 lbs overnight. So I am determined to give this a chance.
Good Luck to all.
Any hints of different foods you all are trying?????? Variety from chicken would be nice but also portable to take for lunch to work.
Old 08-08-2001, 02:12 PM   #8  

Wink

I sneek in some lean beef ......ie......sirlion (shhhhh)

Made the jambalaya was ok.

I put taco bell sause on my chicken.......yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm

Opps gotta go
Old 08-08-2001, 02:46 PM   #9  

Smile Taco Bell yeah!!!

Hey Thanks what a good Idea.
I used to make a chicken dish with the Taco Bell hot sauce packets you would get with the Taco's. It may have a bit of sodium but if it tastes good I'll chance it.
I really don't eat a lot of salt on my food anyway.
Thanks, a lot!!!
Old 08-08-2001, 07:06 PM   #10  

Default Ready to go!

Good evening everyone!

Wow, sounds like you guys are all doing great! Wow Jenna, 7 pounds gone, that is terrific! JRomeo what kind of salsa are you using? I made the homemade one from the recipe, but have not tried it yet.

I had planned to start my day one yesterday, but was sick and did not feel like eating anything, let alone 5-6 meals a day, ha!
Anyway, feeling a bit better today have been drinking my water and just ate some chicken and a little salad. I can't wait to get a full day in tomorrow. I made that dill dressing, which is pretty good.

Has anyone tried any of the sculpting exercises yet? I'm going to go watch the video right now. One thing that I have not been able to find is tuna with only 25mg of sodium. The lowest I have found so far is 50mg. But I guess that is a lot better than the norm which seems to be 250 mg!!! Yikes!
Old 08-09-2001, 08:02 AM   #11  

Default Michael Thurmond not for me

Hello everyone!!
I have been trying to figure out what to do since MT is not working for me. I did lose 5 pounds the first week, but on about the 8th day I found myself saying to my husband, "I need a break". That's when I realized this probably wasn't something I could do for life. I did start doing some things that make me feel better:drinking more water, reducing sodium,etc. and I will continue those things. I joined Weight Watchers last week and also started using Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds tapes. (I ordered them from QVC much cheaper than the infomercial). If any of you live in a climate where it may be hard to walk outside in the winter, I highly recommend her tapes. They are so much fun and you get a great workout. They also come with 2 pound weighted balls. So far, I feel great and much happier with this decision. I don't want to get anybody down-I think MT is like anything else, it will work for some but not everybody. I wish all of you great success. If anyone is interested I could post my results after a month. Good Luck!!

P.S. I have a MT system I might like so sell. E-mail me if interested.
Old 08-09-2001, 08:34 AM   #12  

Default It does work!

I weighed myself again, just because I really thought I was eating more than I should and I lost weight. This is only day 4 and so far I went from 154 to 148 that's 6lbs---Hooray!!!. I am so happy.
The salsa I'm using is regular A&P brand. But I just went to Trader Joe's last night and got the low fat low sodium Salsa and some chicken chili to put on my baked potato. As long as I eat something like a half a peice of chicken every three hours, I'm not hungry. I cooked a whole bunch of chicken Monday night so I don't have to look for something to eat in the fridge. I think if I had to think of something I wouldn't be as good. I'm trying to watch my sodium but I don't put salt on my food after I cook it. I never did. I am drinking all my water and making myself eat all my meals even if I'm not hungry.
Everybody, please try to stick with it, I really think this upping your metabolism really works. The only problem I have is salad. I'm not a big salad eater to begin with especially with no oil.
Keep up the good work everyone!!!
Jill
Old 08-09-2001, 02:32 PM   #13  

Smile

Beachgirl, wow congraduations with the 5lbs. I understand that no prgm will fit everyone 100%. I too have the walking tapes for times that it is too hot or cold. The one thing I really noticed about Leslie's walking tapes is that it didn't do great things for her butt and thighs. The MT pgrm as with most resistance/weight training exercise pgrms you can handle those problems. I glad you found some things in the MT pgrm that you can take with you.

JRomero,
6lbs!
I use picante sause. The one I use doesn't contain sugar. I love it on potatoes. I haven't bothered to cut my salt. I find that my body, growing up in desert areas ie...texas and so. calif. needs the salt so I usually add some to what I eat. Although I don't add any when cooking now. I am going to measure this weekend and start keeping track of inches lost.

Tip of the day. I found some gelletin (jello) on www.netrition.com that has 0 cal. and is made with splenda. I add just a tad less water to it and have a jello that has an almost gummy bear like consistancy. ummmmmmmm...... snack with -0- calories.

If anyone has a tip of the day. Feel free to add it here. Or if you like any reciepes you tried. Re: jambalaya...it was ok. nothing I would rave about and make again....but someone else may like it.
Old 08-09-2001, 03:00 PM   #14  

Default walking tapes

I too have the Walk away the pounds tapes. They are OK but I really think getting outside is better. My husband and I try to make at least one mile per night. The tapes are great if you don't have the 15 minutes or so to walk around the block or if you need a quick session in the morning especially the one mile tape. It does go quick. Not so for the three mile, and it does make you sweat. I do find it a bit boring. I also was a bit confused with her group. It seems they never stop walking. As soon as the tape in in they are walking. Are you to start then or when she says start????
Jenna-Picante is just like salsa but it is smoother right? I think I've had it before. I'm gonna try some chile on my baked potato. I'm feeling pretty good and hope I don't hit a slump. I really enjoy this chat page. I think it gives you a boost of confidence. Everyone needs to just keep writing. I'm sure someone will be able to help you with anything you may need.
Keep up the good work everybody!!!
Old 08-09-2001, 04:39 PM   #15  

Talking I got it!!!

Just wanted to let you all know I got the program yesterday (exactly 2 weeks after I ordered).

I'm the anal type that has to read the whole thing first (I can't just "start"...I need to know everything first!), so I will be starting on Monday...I will shop & prepare food this weekend. (Plus I've got a big picnic Saturday & I want to get that last bit of potato salad in!)

BTW - I'm a Type B...looking forward to those egg whites...

Lana
Closed Thread