Old 08-05-2005, 09:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default Yadda, Yadda, Yadda for August

Starting this thread to hopefully find out how Jacobsmommy is doing with her move and how she likes the new house, to find out how Lorraine is doing with her non-smoking, and when Jillegal gets back to find out how her trip went, and to catch up on all that other stuff that's not addressed in our weight-related topics like more news about "our" babies (Inca's Mom, MaBear??).

So is anyone doing anything fun this summer? I'm going to Mt. Rainier for a couple of days with my sister and cousin. Should be a fun women's weekend, although the avowed purpose is to scatter the ashes of my other cousin who died about a year and a half ago. We rented a two-bedroom mountain "cabin" with a loft (where my cousin, who is 10 years younger, will sleep) and a hot tub. Just add some good food, good wine, and good hiking, and it will be a great time.

P.S. So, do you spell it yadda yadda, or yada yada? Maybe we need to ask Seinfeld. . .
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 04:14 AM   #2  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

I've done my fun event for the summer. My camping trip last month Was so much fun. I'm pretty happy that Tae Kwon Do is starting back up August 19! Yay! Can't wait.
I'm looking forward to having 2 kiddos in school this year! I can't believe it, my little Ariana-Bean is old enough for kindergarten! Makes my mind spin to think of Morgana in 2nd grade already too. WOW! We'll be making a school shopping trip in 3 weeks or so and that'll be fun. This summer is going very, very fast!
At least I still have my little guy at home to hang out with-LOL He's not going to know what's going on with both of his sisters gone for the day but I think he'll like having mommy all to himself.

The last week or so I've been pondering this question:
Why is it my doc noticed I did something new with my hair at my last visit, but failed to notice the weight I've lost in the past few months?
He couldn't have missed the fact that I weighed in at 289 in February but was 256 at this visit. Just think it is weird he didn't mention it, nothing else to make sure it is intentional on my part and not a warning sign of illness.
Course, none of my doctors have ever mention to me that I should lose some weight. I guess they are waiting for me to bring it up so they can avoid the possiblity of hurting my feelings perhaps? Considering how high risk I am for weight related diseases, you think he'd have mentioned it at least once.
Anyway, just wanted to get this out of my system. LOL
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:59 PM   #3  
Laura

That is odd that he didn't notice. However, at least he noticed your hair - my husband doesn't even notice when I change mine! I cut about 6 inches off two months ago and he was like, "How is that different?" LOL
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:20 PM   #4  

None of my doctors have ever mentioned my weight either, which I always thought a tad bizarre, but hey ho! I have a feeling in this country it's that the allotted sessions with a doctor are so short, they don't want to do anything beyond what you are actually there for.

I've had such a good weekend, been to the gym both days, and done long walks with the dh as well. The landlady of the pub in the corner has asked if we can take her dog with us next time we do a long walk!!! I am really looking forward to taking the beast!! I miss having a dog, and our cat is fab but not quite the same!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:31 PM   #5  

Laura, I don't think typical doctors really look at the weight on the chart unless they have some reason to. And chances are, unless you have a close relationship with him, he wouldn't remember what you really look like from visit to visit anyway. I imagine he probably noticed something was different, but couldn't pinpoint it, so he played it safe by commenting on your hair, rather than sticking his foot in his mouth. I also think that a lot of doctors, again unless you have a good relationship with them, are a bit scared to mention a woman's weight, for fear of an unpredictable reaction.

Sheila, I think it's yadda yadda!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:32 PM   #6  
Crazy Canuck

Popping in quickly to check up on everyone (while the kidlets and G are busy packing up for our two day trip home tomorrow). Its been a great vacation and I'll be crossing the border with a trunk full of American food (one of the cashiers in Kentucky said "Ya'll gotta hankerin' fer cereal, hon?" as she checked out my cart full of Kashi!) I'll be catching up on all the threads once we've arrived home and I've had a chance to settle back (btw, welcome to all the newbies ~ coming to this site is a great way to start your journey!) Oh and, yes, I behaved fairly well whilst away - memories of my previous vacation kept me in check

Last edited by Jillegal; 08-11-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:29 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hello All!!!

I am all moved in. It's nice having that behind me. I LOVE my new house. It is so well insulated that i don't hear a thing. Kinda hard getting used to that! I still have ALOT of unpacking to do. We've been kinda lazy about getting it finished, not real sure why. Now it's time to decorate. Got Jacob's room all done: red on the bottom, white on the top and his construction border in the middle. I am very much a color person and the house is pretty much all white so we have LOTS of painting to do!!!

We are going on vacation starting Saturday. Saturday is the beach; Monday we are leaving for Louisville, Kentucky. We are taking Jacob to a Bats game, the Louisville bat factory, the zoo and various other plcaes. When we get back into town, our goal is to get ALL the boxes unpacked!

On the Weight loss front I am at ground zero, I have topped my highest weight by 2 lb. . Being 2 days from vacation, I don't dare start a new program, But I am determined to get back on it when I return to work on 8/22.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:06 PM   #8  

I have spent my most of my summer traveling . I've been to Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe, Denver, Redwood City, Laughling, and Reno. I think I have been in my home maybe 3 weeks during the last few months. I have another 3 week trip coming up Aug 27. Going to Lake Tahoe again for a labor day celebration, to Reno to celebrate my 50th birthday with my twin and parents, then it is on to Las Vegas. I really have to pay attention to what I am eating when I am traveling (I usually eat have of what I am served and I try to stick to drinking water) and to make sure I get my walks in.

My doctor has never mentioned my weight gains or weight losses.

Last edited by jmacway; 08-11-2005 at 06:26 PM.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:43 AM   #9  
Laura

My little man is WALKING! Finally! Geez, it's so cute!

So glad to see that Jill is almost home - we've missed you!

Jacob's Mommy - Congrats on the new house. It's so fun (but a lot of work) to put your stamp on a new place! We moved in here a year and a half ago and we are unpacked (well...don't look at the garage ) but still have TONS of decorating to do! Have fun painting!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #10  
Crazy Canuck

Well, I'm back. The vacation was lovely but rather overshadowed by a disappointing homecoming. I knew the weather had been bad at home when Toronto was being shown on American network news (that plane crash during a wicked storm where everyone miraculously escaped with their lives), but I didn't know how bad the storms had been until we got home to discover the basement flooded (the downstairs family-room is not fit for any family) and a leaky ceiling (together with dripping wet drywall) in the front entrance hall. Sigh...I should be at work but instead am waiting for contractors to visit and to hear whether insurance will cover it. Oh well, have to put it into perspective. Its just "things" and they can be replaced (but still, its annoying as )! I'll just take a page from Sheila's book and try to stay away from Dairy Queen.

P.S. - congrats to your little man on his first steps, Alpha Laura!

Last edited by Jillegal; 08-15-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Laura - How CUTE!!! I love the way they toddle when they 1st start walking.
My grandson is just in the stages before he crawls. (rocking on hands and knees)I can't wait for that. Then I think back to when my children crawled and nothing was safe! LOL I don't care still can't wait! LOL
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:46 PM   #12  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Angry Aaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!

Hi everyone,
I just want to let you know that I'm not really MIA.
I am at my aunts place using her computer because mine has contracted some truly EVIL viruses...I'm not sure if it can be saved

So I stayed up till four in the morning with tech support....then was so angry I packed up the kids and came up here to run away from my problems.
I'm just so pissed about it!!!!!

I'm doing my best to stay on plan, and am so annoyed that I can't get to you guys every day!!

So, is anybody a computer fixer out there who could help me via msn. or email?
I'd appreciate it very much!
Usually Rudy does all the comp. stuff so I'm pretty clueless and he's still sitting on standby in the interior. It's his 30th hirthday today and he and we..are extremely bummed out that he's sitting there without work for almost no pay on such a special day!!!!

WAAAHHHHH Whiney, whine!!!!

Let me know if you are willing to help with the virus stuff....sorry for the rant..love you guys!
Please send positive family togetherness vibes and healthy computer vibes...OK?

xoxoxoxox
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:27 AM   #13  
Laura

Oh Jill - that's just horrible! I'm so sorry! What a terrible thing to come home to - I hope you were able to salvage most things...yeah, it's just "stuff" but I know I like a lot of my stuff A LOT - I'd be devastated. Hang in there and keep us up to date. (((HUGS)))

Mez ~ Thanks! It's just darling! We went to the Science Museum in Seattle yesterday and he was having the best time walking all over the place but I was really worried because he's so short - ppl don't look down ya know! He got lots of attention over it! Once they start crawling - all bets are off, sometimes you just dont' know what damage they can even do until they get into it! Eek!

Linda ~ I'm sorry - I'm clueless about computers, but I hope you get yours fixed SOON! (((HUGS)))
Old 08-16-2005, 08:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Linda - Go here. http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ You will be able to do a free virus scan. I'm hoping that you can get online if not let me know. Tread Micro is very good about cleaning out stuff. If you can't get the virus off your best bet is to do a clean boot of your Hard Drive. I'm hoping that you can back some stuff up. But only reinstal stuff after you've checked it. Do you happen to know the name of the virus? If so that would help.

Laura - I got a call from my daughter lastnight. My grandson is crawling!!! He gets on all 4's and hops his knees forward! I lent her my video camera the other day so I told her to tape him! You sometimes kids will do the darnest things when no one is around then when you tell someone and want to show them the kids look at you as if they have no clue. LOL I'm going to babysit for him today so we'll see if he shows off for grandma.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:11 PM   #15  

Oh Jilly, I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner! What a horrible mess to come home to, you poor thing! You're right "things" can be replaced but that doesn't really help when all you want to do is kick and scream with irritation! I'm so sorry this happened, but I do hope you got to enjoy your vacation regardless. And I'm glad you're back, I sure have missed you around here! Now, go take care of business and stay away from DQ! Remember, ice cream will not fix your flooded basement!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote