Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 08-04-2005, 04:30 PM   #1  

Question Alternating machines and cardio

Heya LWL!
My gym set me a program that jumps between cardio machines (cross trainer, treadmill, rower, bike) and weights machines but when the gym is busy I'd really rather do the cardio THEN the weights or visa versa to stop me having to move from one end to the other all the time. Do you think this would make much difference to the effectivness of my workout?
Thanks
Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:41 PM   #2  

Dill - I think most people do one or the other. However, my trainer likes me to do a circuit and then throw in some cardio too, like a swift walk around the track - 1 lap...
I don't like it either....I'm not a trainer but, I know doing cardio and weights at differernt times works too.
Why not discuss this with your trainer? Tell them your more comfortable doing it your way....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:31 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Dill -- Do what works best for you. I prefer to do weights before cardio, but on some days when I know I'll leave the gym before I end up doing my cardio I will do it first... If you are not totally happy with your workout you'll end up not doing it, so do what works for YOU!! Talk to your trainer and ask him why he/she set you up like that, then explain to him your point of view, if he/she can't help you in that respect, get another trainer...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:45 PM   #4  

It really depends on your goals - I know my trainer has me going between weights and the spin bike on my leg days - ask!
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:23 AM   #5  

I'm pretty sure they do that for a reason, as I know all the trainers at my gym do the same thing. But you can ask why and find out if it's really essential to your success.
Teelee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:25 AM   #6  

Thanks people, I only have the free service which is every 6 weeks but I will ask in about a week.
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:58 PM   #7  

yep to much cardio will cause your body with start to catabolize the muscles. You do not want to break down the muscle . We do not want to burn the muscle and use it for energy only the fat so Cardio is good but to much of a good thing will cause you to lose muscle instead of fat.

stay strong
flipafart is offline   Reply With Quote