Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-01-2005, 06:42 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile *AuGuSt WaLkErS ~ Just Walking Away the Pounds*

Where did July go!!!!!
Good August Morning Walkers...
It's a new month with NEW GOALS
So what will we all hope to accomplish this month?

I am HOPING to be around more this month as the
summer festivities have calmed down a bit
Tomorrow hubby goes back to work and I will be
able to post a bit more

My New Goal for August will be:
30 Miles

*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:21 AM   #2  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hi Sunny!

Well July was not so great for me. I was too busy moving and it was way too hot here. So I got in a measley 2 miles. August is already starting out better. We managed to wake up super early this morning and get a 2 mile walk in! Good thing we did it early because it will be a level red ozone day today, not to mention about 100 degrees this week. Hopefully I will be able to do more this month, but no promises because August is the hottest month here in Texas. I'm going to set my goal for 10 miles. Hope to see everyone back here again. Later!
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:27 AM   #3  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Well, August means back to school for ME and my kids. That means less time for exercise, but I PROMISED myself to do more about trying to lose weight and get healthy. So.....my August goal will be 40 miles. I've done 50 since July 5, but I think that getting my classroom ready will cut into structured walking time. I'm doing the Walk Diet, which is 32 miles this month. And I tend to do more than 1 mile a day, which is what most of her weekdays recommend.

Have a wonderful Monday!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:14 PM   #4  

Smile

Hi everybody, although I didn't meet my 50-mile goal for July, I'm starting fresh for August. I did a 3-mile WATP dvd today.

Because I will be traveling for my job a lot this month, I'm going to ratchet my goal down to 40 miles. I find it very difficult to exercise when I'm traveling, but I will try!

Good luck to you all and be careful in the August heat.

Dinah
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:03 AM   #5  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

I just started today with 2 miles of brisk walking with WATP, so I hope to keep that up .
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I cannot believe that another month has flown by already!

I guess I will set a goal of 30 miles for August.

I did 2 miles this morning with perky Leslie! she is really perky for 5:30 a.m.

August Miles = 2

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:12 PM   #7  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Well it sounds like everyone is off to a wonderful start this month! I'm sure you'll all reach your monthly goals!

I've decided that since I walked 76mi last month I'm going to aim for 100 this month! DH and I found a new route to walk that's 6.5mi so on the cooler days we'll be walking that. Managed to get 4mi in last night and will do at least that again tonight.

Well ladies, I hope you all have a happy and healthy day today! Keep up the great work!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:10 PM   #8  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hiya Sunny, Amy, Cathy, Mel, Dinah, and everyone here plus all of the newbies~!!

I'm doing ok, still so busy I can't seem to think sometimes!

I wanted to tell ya'll what happened to me too. I think you all know how I log my steps every day with AmericaOntheMove.org? Well, I sent them my success story just for fun and a few months later (last week actually) they called me to see if I would like to fly to Boston to film a national public service announcement with them for Sept. 28, which is something like American On The Move Day. I called her back and had a bad connection in my car, on my way home from court for the baby, and she said I could call her back the next day. When I did, she had already found enough people for it, sadly enough. So she said she is going to have her copy person call and get info from me to put my story on the website. So that will be neat, if and when. Anyhoo, be watching for that commercial on tv. Wish I could have gone! Dang it! Ah well, maybe next time.

I am so glad you all are still up and running. I hope to be soon as well. I still wear my pedometer every day, and although I never sit down, except to feed babies, I'm only hitting 4-5k every day, or less. I'm standing cooking, doing dishes or laundry. There is no running involved with all that! LOL.

Take care and do well! Talk to you all soon hopefully. Hugs!!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:19 PM   #9  

Okay ladies, do you mind if I join you? I am back doing my WATP dvd's plus trying to keep track of steps during the day here at work. My goal is for 62 miles for the month of August.
fma4mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:38 PM   #10  

Default I'm down!

I want to publish my goal for this month: 1080 min. of walking or another kind of work out.
I'll be still eating healthy and tasty, and I know everyday closer to my first goal

Good luck to everyone!
magallina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:56 AM   #11  
a whole new mel

First of all, welcome to the newcomers! Looking forward to getting to know you along the way!

Selina... Sorry to hear that you missed out on the chance to be on TV, but it looks like you'll still be acknowledged for all your hard work! *Big ol' pat on the back* You deserve it, lady! How are things going? Have they slowed down at all? Keep in touch whenever you can and in the meantime please take care of yourself!

As for me, food and water was right on target! And I got in another 6mi tonight. I'm 1/10 of the way there. Oh, and I forgot to mention ealier, I'm down another 2lbs! Woop woop! Slowly inching my way to the finish line....!

Well, I hope you all had a great day today! Take care of yourselves! Type you all later....!

~mel

Last edited by macdeez; 08-03-2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:36 AM   #12  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hi to all the newbies!

Selina that is so cool that AOTM called you! You go girl! Keep in touch. I love to hear about the kiddos.

Ugh. Well I have my official weight from my doctors visit yesterday. And I am NOT happy about it. I'm up to 191. Thats a 5 pound gain in 2 months. Ugh. I know its my own fault for not exercising enough or eating right. But still, it hurts to see those numbers go up again. Hopefully I can get back full swing soon. So far we have had 4 days of level red air pollution. I don't know if any of you have experienced these but they just make you feel awful. Its down to level orange today but I still feel awful from it. Well aren't I just a Ray of sunshine? haha Ok, thanks for letting me whine. Good luck to everyone. I'll see you all soon.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #13  

I would like to join also please. I'm going to try for 50 miles this month. It may be a little high for me but I'd like to shoot for it. I've done 9 miles this month so far but I also had 2 really good days I'm looking very forward to being part of this group!
Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:52 PM   #14  

Hi everybody! Welcome newbies, even though I'm kind of a newbie myself. I'm off to a pretty good start. Monday, I did a 3 mile WATP dvd. Yesterday, it was not horribly hot out, so I walked 4 miles in my neighborhood to a Kathy Smith walking cassette (which I LOVE -- like having your own personal coach while you walk). Today it was raining so I did a 4-mile Leslie Sansone fat burner dvd.

So I'm at 11 miles for August! YAY ME!

I think the American Heart Association Heart Walks are coming up in September. I'm toying with the idea of joining up. I think it's a 5k. Has anybody ever done any of these?

Cathy, you're right...Leslie is perky, but not as perky as Denise Austin! Argghhh.

Take it easy everybody and love yourself!

Dinah
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:54 PM   #15  
a whole new mel

Just on long enough to post my miles... 3 for today!

Hope everyone is doing well! Keep up the great work... all of you!

~mel