Old 08-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #1  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default Mom's Losing Weight....August

I started a new thread because the other one was getting kind of long. I will get back here and post as soon as I get my little one dried off. SHe's been out running in the sprinkler.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #2  
Focus on the Process

Morning...I didn't get a chance to get back on last night. We had to do some grocery shopping at walmart. And boy do I need to work on my husband. I was putting the groceries on the belt thing and pulled out a can of SPAM. I told him it wasn't healthy. He said it was, so I showed him the nutritional value on the back. 160 a slice/140 of it fat! He thinks corn dogs are healthy too. I got alot of teaching to do. Anyhow, I picked out lots of veggies and fruits. Low-fat yogurt, fat-free cottage cheese, fat-free sour cream and other healthy stuff. I actually sat down to dinner last night and measured my portions. Holy cow! I have been WAY OFF!. My portions are 2x to 3x larger than a normal portion. No wonder I have such a hard time.

I haven't exercised yet today but I've been cleaning house for the last 2 hours. Mopping, vacuuming, laundry, cleaning the kids' rooms. Tonight, I'll get some exercise in. I just can't get my butt outta bed in the morning. Later in the evening is probably my best bet. I'm awake then and I have a husband that will watch the kids.

Gotta go. My sister wants help with cleaning her house. Another birthday party tonight. (We have a large family) YIKES! Her littlest one is one year old today. He's such a cutie.

~chris
Old 08-03-2005, 05:57 AM   #3  

Default Good morning

goodmorning,

sorry i havent been on the past couple day... i havent been feeling to good.. anyways, my eating has went down the drain completly lately.. i think its because of the not smoking thing.. but that is just an excuse.. so anyways, my stomach is telling me all about it.. so i need to get myself together and on the ball.. i was up all night in agony.. not a good thing.

chris- congrats on the potion and healthy for buy.. you are doing great... keep up the great work you are an inspiration for me even if it doesnt seem like it these days.. you keep me thinking..

well i have to get ready for work.. have a great day.. i will check in later...

carly
carlytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:31 AM   #4  
Focus on the Process

Hey all...It's a busy day around here. I decided to tear apart my bedroom and rearrange it. Bad mistake. The bed is too heavy so I'll have to wait for my husband to get home to put it all back in place. OOPS! I have my sisters little boys today so that she could go in and work. A full house. I haven't exercised yet but I figure with all this housework junk...it should be covered.

Instead of my usual bowl of cereal, I found a recipe for banana splits on the WW website so I had that. You take a large banana and slice it up in a bowl, top it with one cup of low-fat or fat-free flavored yogurt. Crumble up 4 low-fat graham crackers and top it with a little chopped almonds. Yum. IT was different and refreshing.

I better go up and check on the kids and see whats happening in the bedroom. I'm sure they are busy.

Carly-I had a couple days last week where my stomach was just off and hurt. I got a little sick and then felt better. I hope you have just a short tummy bug.

~chris
Old 08-04-2005, 05:39 AM   #5  

Default goodmorning

Goodmorning,

well Chris sounds like you have been extremly busy... i think just your normal activities for the day counts as exercise.. I have been feeling a little better so thats a good thing.. i walked for about 45 minutes yesterday.. it felt so nice to beable to walk and breath.. it has been 11 days since my last smoke.. not to bad.. i just keep patting myself on the back.. i know my challenge was suppose to be potion control... well that went out the window and i went to not smoking.. so my next challenge will be potion control... I do need to sit down and right out menu's for the week.. i think that will help me in a couple ways.. 1) i will know what we having for dinner.. less stress 2) i can prepare healthier meals that way.3) maybe doing it that way would be cheaper on the pocket book.. which would really help..

so i have friday off from work.. i will clean and then do a menu.. any idea's on cheap healthy meals?????

have a great day everyone... and keep up the great work...

carly
Old 08-04-2005, 09:22 PM   #6  

Hey, all... I know it's like I was lost from here. Life has been nuts trying to get ready for this trip. I'm still making the wedding gift that I need to take with me next week. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right? LOL

Anyway, I worked out for the first time in forever yesterday. I've been trying not to snack so much, and I discovered Coke Zero. My husband (who only drinks diet pop) and I (who only drinks regular pop) both really like it. Even my daughter does.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #7  
Focus on the Process

Hi all...

Just a quick post. I'll get more in tomorrow. I have a funeral to go to in the morning and then I'll be back.

I didn't do very good with eating today. I was running out of time at lunch and every place was busy so I went through the del taco drive thru. That's my big screw up for the week. Tomorrow will be better.

Gotta run. My brother is staying here tonight. MY mom took off with my aunt on a vacation and he doesn't like to stay at home by himself. He's 23, has ADD, and is kind of mentally handicap (not down syndrome, he's just a little slow). So he likes to be with people...night scares him somewhat (if someone tried to break in). I think he feels safer here.

Ttfn,

chris
Old 08-05-2005, 11:25 AM   #8  

I did great with my eating until late last night. Then my insomnia caught up with me, and since I couldn't sleep, I snacked. I don't know why I can't pull myself together anymore.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:19 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

My eating wasn't perfect yesterday but it was okay. The exercise thing is going to be on hold again for a few days. I don't know what I did but I pulled a muscle in my chest again (embarrassing )....now the right side hurts and my upper back hurts. I can't even take a deep breath. Walking hurts, laying down kills. I barely slept last night. I got up at 2 and took some Advil...4 of them. It didn't touch it. I'll give it a day or 2 but if I'm not better, I'm going to the doctor. I keep carrying things, like children, that are too heavy for me now. It takes alot out of me to lift them up and put them in a shopping cart. I don't have much for muscle tone and with the arthritis, my joints get strained really easy.

Today is going to be an easy day. I'll do little things here and there but I'm not going to overdo it with anything.

AND....my baby baby is 3 YEARS OLD TODAY!

~chris
Old 08-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #10  

Default goodmorning

goodmorning,

well the past few days i have been doing really bad.. eating wise.. but i have been exercising like a nut.. just moving around alot.. walking , dancing in the house... ya know.. but moving..\

now i have to go to the library and get books on how to cut dairy and processed food out of my diet... i am having such a hard time with that.. maybe if someone made me a menu..you know exactly what to eat.. maybe i could get it ... but right know i just cant... i am not stupid ... i am just a creature of habit... ya know.. and if it doesnt seem easy i am not going to do it.. i do have a very poor attitude towards things at the moment dont i...LOL>>

well maybe i will get with it... i am trying... have a great day ladies...

carly
Old 08-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

Carly, I'm with ya! I'm full of habits I'm having a hard time kicking. I also wish there was a menu for me that I could just follow and not have to think. When I think about things, it gets me into trouble. Some of these menu plans I have seen in the past won't work for me because of yeast and wheat allergies. I'm clueless when it comes to finding substitutes for these things.

~chris
Old 08-06-2005, 11:49 PM   #12  

Default good evening

CHRIS- I am clueless also,,, i think i just need to sit down and really start reading and getting it together... alot right now is just stress so i am not taking care of me.. i have to go in on tuesday for that biopsy and i am very nervous.. with everything that has gone on in the past year... this just really makes me nervous... but anyways,, maybe once that is over and done with.. i will not have that weighing on my mind and can move forward... we will see... I do know for sure.. i have to cut dairy out of my diet.. man, that just kills me...lol... well have a great night all...carly
Old 08-07-2005, 01:29 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

Carly,
I must have missed something...I'm such an airhead, it's not hard for me to do, but WHAT BIOPSY????? I know you're probably a nervous wreck. I had a biopsy done 2 1/2 yrs ago, and I was scared to death.

I'm doing okay today with eating so far. Only cereal for breakfast and its almost lunchtime. I don't really feel hungry yet either. I got alot of sleep last night so I feel better. My chest still hurts but not as bad as yesterday. I thought every time I moved, I would pass out. Today its not too bad. I'm definitely not going to lift anything though.

Gotta see what the little girls are up to and get back to straightening up the house. Nicole's birthday was yesterday so I have presents strewn all over the place.

TTFN,
chris
Old 08-08-2005, 05:30 AM   #14  

Default Good morning

Goodmorning

chris- I thought i told you about having to go in and have a biopsy done of my uterus.. seems there is some kind of thickening or somthing going on in there.. this is one of the reason i need to really get on the ball with this healthy thing.. i would like to be around for a long time for my kids.. ya know.. with everything that has happened this year so far.... losing mom to cancer and gram being sick with cancer... I am very afraid.. so i think that is why i am eating like a banchee.. i do try to keep positive but i am an emotional eater.. never a good thing.. but anyways.. like you guys all want to here this blah blah... stuff... I did walk alot over the weekend.. and did do a little bit of arobics... i use to love doing that stuff.. not sure why i hate it so much now.. I am going to take my state test for my cna license... i had it about 8 yrs ago and let it expire so i have to take the test again.. but thats ok.. i need to get a part time night job for awhile.. to get extra money in the house to pay off some of these bills.. but i will still find the time to write to you ladies and let you all know how things are going..

well have a wonderful day.. i will check back later..

carly
Old 08-08-2005, 12:36 PM   #15  

Carly, you poor thing. I didn't know about your biopsy either.

I'm getting ready to pull my hair out at the moment, so as usual stress = eating in my world. It looks like my husband won't be able to go to his sister's wedding because his work Visa issues aren't taken care of (the US won't allow anyone back into the country right now without their work Visa being approved by the London consulate or something like that). So we may be out $3,000.00 for plane tickets, not to mention missing his only sibling's wedding, and to add to the joy, we aren't sure it ever will be approved so he may be in the country illegally right now.

Aside from that, we are approaching our 1 year anniversary, and I still can't get him to do his green card paperwork. The IRS lost two of his tax returns that we need to file the paperwork anyway.

If you guys pray, I could seriously use a prayer that he gets his Visa in the mail in the next day or two. I'm a nervous wreck!