Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 04:28 PM   #1  
fatter than U

Angry Cows Behaving Badly

Actually, this thread should be titled "Kissing Siegfried's Feet". You would not BELIEVE what I have been through these past few days, cows

Dh, who can fix anything EXCEPT (key word here) computers, decided that our hard drive was too full, so he went off happily deleting stuff until the computer told him it couldn't find Windows anymore! Dead as a doornail! Arghhhhhhhhhh! So this morning he dragged the poor puter off to work and asked his pal Siegfried (who can ONLY fix computers and nothing else) to take a look. This darling man fixed everything. Or so we thought. Turns out when dh got home and hooked everything up that the mouse didn't work? How can I surf without a mouse? What is this, the 70's or something?

Anyway, a quick call to Siegfried (who had to tear himself away from his girlfriend) and things were right as rain. I told dh to never ever ever touch anything again without asking me. He was so crabby he went to bed early.

I would be terrified to go to a reunion with guys I hung around with at university. Except Stevie, of course. I was looking at my calendar and some time last year I was actually UNDER 160. Now I'm just struggling to keep at 162. It's horrifying. Bagzie - have you noticed any results from doing weights? I've been doing them and riding the exerbike and I still look the same. It's hopeless.

Talk to you cows later. Anyone heard from the Peach? I'm worried.
Old 08-06-2001, 05:03 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi Sug!

Glad your computer has recovered from being dh'ed My dh is usually pretty good with the computer; it's kind of his thing, but sometimes I am horrified. Like the time our hard drive broke completely and he hadn't done a single backup for over a year or something

I am not qualified to talk about weight loss or lack thereof. I'm too fat and insensible. I would exercise but I have no energy and it's too hot. I actually had gagfast for lunch because an old canister of it was in the cupboard and I couldn't think of anything else to eat.

I also spent the past hour and a half trying to find a pair of sandals for dd in this cr** town. She wants the kind that strap on and can go in the water (and stay on). River sandals or whatever. The pair she has been wearing (for 2 or 3 years) broke apart and are now being held together with duct tape. The only ones in town are $50 or more. Ridiculous.

I heard from Peaches last week. Don't know why she's making herself so scarce. Guess she doesn't like us anymore. I emailed her today re: hurricane. Maybe she was swept away.

I'm hungry. The guy with the German accent at the farmstand trying to overcharge me for vegetables today. I wouldn't let him.

Yesterday dd and I drove way too far and went to a rodeo. It was sort of fun.

Kiwi
Old 08-07-2001, 12:23 PM   #3  

Default Well, I'm still here

You can't lose me. Yesterday was doctor day. I have a new lady Dr. that I really like. She's going to solve all my problems. She's going to make me into a new woman. I feel better already. What was really nice is that she wasn't rushed and she actually listened to me. What a breath of fresh air.

I'm feeling really guilty because a certain person that I'm not especially crazy about has decided that I'm her friend and confidante and she keeps doing nice things like giving me flowers because I'm such a good listener. (I listen but then I b*tch to my dh about it.) This person is the new wife of the cutie patootie guy here at work (remember the mouse tatoo joke?) I'm feeling like a not so nice person because I've said some unflattering things about beforementioned person. So from here on out I'm turning over a new leaf and not saying disparaging remarks about anyone. So what do I talk about??

Sugar P, having just recovered from a computer nightmare, I feel your pain. I know just that icky sinking feeling you get when all you see is a dos prompt on your computer. So happy to see you've recovered nicely.

Kiwi, we're starting to get your hot weather here. It's going to be in the 90's by thursday. Too hot for me. My golden retriever has that bird fetching instinct too. Actually he prefers birds, but socks, sticks, shoes or anything else will do. When I come home he runs around frantically looking for something to pick up and give to me. He never will come empty-mouthed.

So Kiwi, why did Peachers say she was ignoring us?
Old 08-07-2001, 01:38 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Let's see...

I think Peaches said it was because we say such awful things about people who are nice to us Just kidding! I used to know someone like that, who was overly nice to me and I couldn't stand her. What do you do? I can't imagine. It's very uncomfortable. Don't feel guilty.

No, Peachie said she'll wander on back here one of these days. She's having late summer blahs I guess. Of course so am I, but it just makes me want to sit in front of the computer all day and stare at it (since no one wants to amuse me).

I found the greatest site, from reading Cherry's new newsletter (My Messy House). There's a place called Disposaphobia with pictures of really disgustingly messy rooms in someone's house. I always enjoy looking at places worse than mine.

President Bush says:
Quote:
The heat don't bother me!
Just one more point to disagree with him about.

Kiwi
Old 08-07-2001, 02:45 PM   #5  
fatter than U

Wink Waiting for (Godot) Peaches

Did you all have to read that in college too? Zzzzzzz!

Wow, Kiwi, that messie picture made me feel downright prissy. My house never looked THAT bad. Gotta go check out the other ones.

So glad you found a doctor you like, Wabby! What's she going to do to you first? I would just be pleasantly non-commital to your new friend and she might go away.

About to get on the bike. How depressing to learn that 1/2 hour of biking only burns 150 calories. I can inhale that many in 5 seconds and not even know what I ate! *sigh*
Old 08-07-2001, 04:37 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh, dear, that is depressing. But I hear that sleeping burns quite a few calories. With the added bonus that while you're sleeping you can't eat!

I've actually lost a couple of pounds. Probably through sweat. It's about 90 today and there appears to be a slight breeze outside, so why can't I feel it? All the windows are open but it's dead hot and still inside. Yecccch!!

Need water. goodbye

Kiwi
Closed Thread