Old 07-31-2005, 09:40 PM   #1  

Default Walden Farms Dressings & Sauces?

Has anyone tried Walden Farms dressings and pasta sauces? Which flavors taste good?

I am looking for sugar free/fat free dressings. If you haven't tried Walden Farms, could you make other recommendations?

Thank you very much!
Stevie Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:46 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

I've never tried them but I hear they're good...

(my favorite salad dressing - and the only one I buy - is Girard's Light Champagne dressing BTW - that's why I haven't tried the WF products.)

I see on their website they offer individual serving-sized packets of their dressing. Why not send 'em an email and ask if they'd supply a 'sampler' of one of each flavor? Doesn't hurt to ask.
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:49 AM   #3  

I personally like Kozlowski Farm's "south of the border" and sesame flavored fat free, oil free salad dressings.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:20 AM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've used the Walden Farms Italian, Honey Dijon, Tomato Basil, and Ranch dressings, but none of their sauces. All but the Ranch were fairly good. Though they seem to me to take a bit more to kinda coat the salad. Maybe it's just because the bottles are so small. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:18 PM   #5  

I just got a huge order of Walden Farm stuff..including the marshamallo and chocolate dip, chocolate sauce, and several of the salad dressings. I ordered online..but to my shock saw that a local grocery store carried some of it. (I had looked at the major stores but not Food Lion where I found it)
I havent tried them all yet..but was shocked they have 0 cals..that almost makes no sense..how can it be?
slimcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:54 PM   #6  

Default Ive tried it..

Ok, so Ive tried the Ranch and the Thousand Island and personally thought it was pretty nasty and it left a kinda waxy feeling on the tongue. BUT, I have always felt that even the nasty dressings were better than nothing...
momof3hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I saw they had some calorie free items but I wasn't sure how accurate that was. How do they taste? I'm glad that your local Food Lion carries some of the products. Which ones? I'll have to go check mine out and see. I don't go very often, unless they have a good sale on something.

Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #8  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3hes
Ok, so Ive tried the Ranch and the Thousand Island and personally thought it was pretty nasty and it left a kinda waxy feeling on the tongue. BUT, I have always felt that even the nasty dressings were better than nothing...
I don't think they've quite perfected the taste in the "creamy" dressings yet.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:18 PM   #9  

I threw some of the thousand on my sandwich today..yeah it was not very pleasing..oh well..will post on the next bottle item when I try it.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:28 PM   #10  
it's always something

Jennifer brought a bottle (untasted) of their salad dressing to a family dinner, and I wasn't there, but I heard it sent everyone running to the trash can to spit it out

I'm so glad I missed that dinner

I personally gave up on commercial fat-free salad dressings, and go for reduced fat instead. They always seem to taste better, and I just factor it into my daily calories and I'm fine. My favorite dressings are T.Marzetti Light Balsamic Vinaigrette, and their Light Caesar. They also make a good line of dressings with just 2 grams of fat. These are usually found in the produce section of the supermarket.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #11  

I have an almost full bottle of the Walden Farm Thousand Island...and a family reunion coming up on Sunday. Hmmm wonder if the family would like to try something new....never did like that braggin brother in law................
Old 08-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Default I didn't like them either

Well I guess for 0 calories you get 0 taste . I agree with Suzanne 3FC, it's better to go for the lite dressings than the non fat. They are tastier and you also need some fat with your veggies to get the nutrients...I read that somewhere but can't remember where.
Musicgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 02:42 PM   #13  

The reason I'm looking for something that is fat free is because I have had gastric bypass surgery. Fats and sugars can cause us to have Dumping Syndrome...sweaty, heart pounding, and an instant taking a dump of what just went in us. Yes, we do need fats from somewhere, like real food. I'm just trying to lessen the problem, especially when I take a dressing packet out to eat with me. Thank you for your input.
Stevie Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 08:31 PM   #14  
Lifetime Loser

Hi, Phyllis here from J. Cruise group.

I HATE the Thousand Island one, can tolerate the Ranch. But I do like the honey mustard and creamy bacon. You will get use to the texture. I use the ranch sometimes in my tuna with some onion and relish.....no extra calories.

The bbq sauce is good too if you can find it, even my dh likes that.

I think you have to try it a few times and not use a lot of it is the key. Just enough to give a little flavor.

Phyllis
floridarusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:09 AM   #15  

I ordered a bunch of different ones. Everything I tried that Dr. Gullo recommended in his book "The Thin Commandments" is delicious. He did not mention the Thousand Island dressing but two other Walden Farm ones..I think a vinegarette and honey dijon?..not sure I will check, cant recall as I ordered a variety.
Regardless I am opening my next bottle soon.
I was kidding about my brother in law..he is wonderful! I tried the Thousand Island several times..Its AWFUL! I threw it in the trash. Not eating something I dont like no matter how wasteful and I dont see how anyone could like it..so would not take it to family reunion.
I will let you all know about the next one I try.

Everything Dr. G. has recommeneded has been fabulous so I am hopeful about the others!