Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 11:59 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#44)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 07-31-2005, 04:52 AM   #2  

Dee-My bro from NY said that there is some kind of veggie only available in Canada called fiddle something or other. What is it? Is it as good as he says? Just wondering. Someone he works with goes back and forth to Canada and is from there. He brings him back samples of things only available in Canada, such as stuff that hasn't been approved here by the FDA. Interesting. I didn't know you had access to all that new stuff!
Old 08-01-2005, 08:32 AM   #3  
Janice

Shelley - I have no idea what you're talking about!! Fiddle heads maybe? I have never tried them, but I have seen them in the stores.
It's funny you think we have stuff you don't. When I know someone is going to the States, I get them to pick up the things not available in Canada. FAT FREE chips is always high on my list - Olean is not approved in Canada. Tylenol PM - also don't have it in Canada. Different flavors of Crystal Lite. (Lemonade, Orange) not in Canada either.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #4  

Shelley I agree with Janice. I like to go to the states to pick up stuff that isn't approved here. The fat free olean chips is one of the things. Olean will never be approved here, at least that is what I heard. I think that you are talking about fiddle heads. I love them. They are baby ferns. They have to be picked in early spring and there is only a small window of opportunity to buy them fresh. I steam them and drizzle a bit of garlic butter on them. Yummy.

Today is our civic holiday so it is a long weekend. It has been hot here all weekend. We have been hanging out by the pool. Friends of ours will be coming down this afternoon and then we will order in chinese food for dinner.

It has been slow here the last few days. Where are all you floosies? Did you all go on a holiday together and forget me?
Old 08-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #5  

Hello All

Just jumping in for a quick hello!! I've been to Debbie's all day swimming. She goes back to work tomorrow (I go back next Monday). I'm tired and sore! We did so many water aerobics and jogging around the pool!

Carol.....How are you? Please post soon!!

Gotta go put chicken on the grill...Got a hungry hubby!

Dee....Enjoy your holiday!!!! I haven't heard of civic day. You'll have to explain what that is.

I'll try to post again later......
Old 08-02-2005, 10:01 AM   #6  
Losing it!

Have a happy holiday Dee!!!

Sorry I am MIA so much... we are repairing basically everything we own...well not that bad YET, but I feel like it! The well ended up coming to around $2000.00, we need to wait for the statement, but that was the estimate. The well is old/not very deep and it is illegal to drill in the same well, we need to go out several feet, drill and then run line to the pit/pump etc. We are about ready to run out of water and the casing is so old in the well, it is starting to break away and he said it will eventually cave in. Of course, more money, that will run around $3000.00! Can I cry now??? We will wait it out and get the $2000.00 paid of first and keep praying the old well keeps working for a few years longer. Plus, because of the well problems, we spent $75.00 in plumbing supplies to replace inside toilet workings, washer screeens, etc. Can you tell I'm in a bad mood? It just seems like it is never ending.
On a good note, I am offically employed! I will start training on the 11th & 13th, she is willing to work with me on hours while Allison is in school, plus if I need to take my mother to a doctor appointment. I won't be getting rich, but we will have a little extra money coming in and I can help pay for the well and start saving for the future expenses.

I hope all of you are doing well, I'll check in later.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:04 AM   #7  
Carol

Gayle: I am sorry for the $$$ woes. Believe me I understand things breaking...
Congrats on the job though. I hope you love it!

I officially have an artificial ankle joint now!! I am not allowed to walk on it for 4 weeks. Right now it is just wrapped in a big (and I mean big) ace bandage from my toes to my knee. My leg looks like it is 12 inches wide!!!. I will go back to the doctor next monday to get the stitches out and then they will put a hard cast on it. After the first 2 days the pain is not bad at all. I can't leave it hang down very long or it aches, so I just keep it up with ice water running through the dressing. They placed a pack inside the bandaging so the water runs though a hose constantly keeping it cold. I only have to keep hubby filing the container (which looks like a small cooler) with ice and the machine does the rest. Neat huh. So I am cooped up in the house now and limited in what I can do.

Sherry: Swimming sounds so luxurious to me now. Enjoy!!! Sounds like your back to getting your exercise again. You go girl!

What is that old saying... the grass is always greener on the other side..... What we will do for the foods we want... crossing the border for food... LOL

Everyone enjoy your day. I will talk to you later.

Hugs
Carol
Old 08-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #8  

Carol I am glad to hear that you are doing ok. I heard of that cooler thingy. That is pretty cool....lol

Gayle congratulations on the job. You will will enjoy being out with people and the schedule that you can have around your mom and Allison is a bonus. I am sorry to hear that you have so many expenses that are unexpected. At least you have extra income coming in with your new job.

Sherry good for you on jogging around the pool. We do that all the time here too. We blast the music and work out. It was a hot weekend so our pool got a good workout. Our civic holiday is just an excuse to have a long weekend in the middle of summer.

Tonight we are having a steak bbq for Jay and Ash's engagement. We are cooking all their favorites and we bought them a gift certificate to Home Sense. I am going to pick up ballons this afternoon for them too.

Well got to go and get the rest of the dinner prepared. Thanks for all the holiday wishes. We had a great time entertaining friends by the pool and eatting chinese food. It is amazing with all the meals out lately the scale is still sliding down slowly.

Audios.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:49 PM   #9  
Janice

Carol-So happy you are on the mend. That was pretty scary surgery to have. Now you have to do what the doctors tell you and let everything mend.
Well everyone I am FIFTY Today. Where does the time go? I met my daughter for lunch today, and she gave me a beautiful watch with two hearts on either side of the face. Hubby gave me a printer for photos. I guess I need to figure out the camera.
Gayle- I'm on a stall with the weight loss right now, it gets very frustrating. Amanda told me she is having a cake made today with buttercream icing. There goes the diet for a couple of days. Cake is my all time favorite food.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:56 PM   #10  

Happy 50th Birthday JANICE!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 01:05 PM   #11  

Hello

Carol!!!! I'm so glad you posted!! I was worried about you. I hope you continue to improve and get better each day. Just take it easy and let hubby spoil you like you deserve! BTW: The ice, cooler thingie is what they had on Wayne when he had his knee surgery. It's pretty neat huh?

Gayle...Congrats on the job!! I'm so happy that you'll be able to work things around Allison & your Mom. I'm so sorry to hear about all the money you have to spend. In my last post in the last thread, I said it might be cheaper to move! Bless your heart!

Janice...Again Happy Birthday!! I hope you have many, many more!!

Dee....Have a wonderful dinner with Jay & Ash tonight! I wish I lived closer to you and sample your fancy meals! Have you heard anything else about your CAR or tummy tuck?

I'm heading to the pool for some exercises and SUN Will talk to you later. Have a great day all!!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:03 PM   #12  

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY JANICE!!!

Old 08-02-2005, 03:12 PM   #13  

Sherry WTG for getting back in that pool today. I would love to have you come down for dinner. I just love to cook and make everything look romantic. Tongiht on the menu is

marinated bbq steak
bacon and twiced baked potatoes
raison, bacon and broccoli salad
steamed asperagus with garlic butter
hot buttered corn on the cob
garlic toasted buns
blueberry cheese cake

We have ballons and streamers, music and candles.
I am looking forward to welcoming Ashley into our family.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #14  

Dee....Your menu sounds great all except the cheesecake! I hate that stuff!

I did 1 hour of water aerobics today. If anyone wonders....I use the next door neighbor's pool.

I'm taking a break now from washing my car from inside & out! It's sooooooo HOT outside I can only do a little at a time!! I don't know what I bought a BLACK car! I can't keep it cleaned!
Talk later.....
Old 08-02-2005, 05:53 PM   #15  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JANICE!!
Closed Thread