Old 08-02-2005, 07:59 AM   #1  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Red face Spelt Pasta w/ Broccoli and lemon herb sauce

I tried spelt pasta for the first time the other day and I actually like it better than WW. I got it in the health food store but I've seen it in my regular grocery. It has a much lighter texture and taste--more like regular pasta. Just be careful to make sure its the whole-grain type because they also had refined spelt pasta, with out the germ and bran, which probably isn't allowed. All the amounts are approximates, just add according to your own taste. With a green salad, this makes a nice light summer supper for two.

-4oz Whole Spelt Pasta
-3 C broccoli, steamed until crisp-tender
-1/4 C freshley grated parmesan cheese (use the good stuff if you can)
-1/4 C grated italian cheese blend (or any italian cheese)

Sauce:
-2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-Juice from 1 lemon
-Zest from the whole lemon
-4 T finely chopped fresh parsely
-1 T finely chopped fresh basil (or 1 t dried)
-1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pressed
-salt and pepper to taste

Boil pasta in salted water according to directions. Meanwhile prepare the sauce by adding all ingredients to a small blender, or just mix it up your self. When pasta is done, drain, reserving about 2 T of the liquid in the pot. Put pasta back in pot, add broccoli, sauce, and cheeses. Toss and enjoy.
pearshape is offline   Reply With Quote