Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #1  

Cool Snackers Im Here To Help!

I know that snacking is one of the most difficult things to avoid, so dont! Here are some healthy ways to keep yourself feeling full through out your day, so you dont jump right off your diet, into the deep end.

Did you know you can have 6 cups of air popped popcorn for only 2 pts WW people? I like to add a little low fat parmesean and butter spray to mine. Sometimes to spice up the flavor, i add soysauce. Its just so good!

Also Blue bunny makes these really great ice cream bars called healthsmart bars. They are only 60 calories, or one point per bar, and they taste like real ice cream! They're so good!

I really love splenda. I add it to almost everything. Try a cup of grapes and spice your fruit up with splenda! So good, and so little calories.

Rice cakes anyone? WW people, did you know that you can eat 2 buttered, or plain ones for only 1 point?! thats 35 calories a cake! what a steal! Plus you can get chocolate and caramel ones for around i think 70 calories. Not to bad either!

Good luck with your dieting. stay strong
Old 06-03-2005, 03:48 PM   #2  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

I know ... I know. One of my favourite snacks is f.f. onion dip and raw carrots. You get the crunchy (dare I say, chip crunch) with all the yummy flavour.

I take the rice cakes and add ff. cream cheese on the top. Another snack is the drinkable yogourt bottles. Only 2 pts and you get a milk serving.

Hunts make a ff pudding for 2 pts and add a chopped up bannana for a great healthy snack.

Another healthy snack is a ff flour fajhita with ff cream cheese and a slice of ham, (roughly 3 pts)

Skinny cows are the all time best for an icecream treat. Most are 2pts.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #3  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

I'm just getting started again with this. I would rather snack than eat a meal... Keep the ideas coming. Thanks...
I do eat meals though...
Old 06-08-2005, 10:54 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Cauliflower popcorn

Cauliflower popcorn

1 head of cauliflower
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon of salt (or, for a salt-free alternative, Mrs. Dash table blend)

Preheat oven to 425 º F. Cut out and discard cauliflower core and thick stems. Trim remaining cauliflower into florets the size of golf balls. In a large bowl, add cauliflower, olive oil, and salt. Toss thoroughly. Spread cauliflower on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper, if available for easy cleanup). Roast for 1 hour, or until much of each floret has become golden brown. Turn 3 or 4 times during roasting. Use crumbled up aluminum foil or paper towels to create a false bottom in your popcorn container, fill it with cauliflower, and serve immediately.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:38 PM   #5  

Checkout the mini-bags of popcorn too! Most of them I've found are either 0 or 1 pt for the whole bag. I usually buy the Act II brand or Orville Redenbacher.

Another great fudge bar is the Slim-A-Bear 98% fat free sugar free fudge bar- big & 1 pt!
I recently tried the Breyer's sugar smart vanilla ice cream & it was great for 1/2 cup 1 pt.

Since summer has arrived I've been snacking on fruit alot too. Locally we have strawberries & blueberries right now.

I like Kozy Shack Sugar Free Tapioca pudding too. I add a little cinnamon/nutmeg to it. It is 1 pt.

Steph
Old 06-10-2005, 07:31 PM   #6  

Hi Gang,

Well I'm addicted to the Carmel Rice Cakes...munchy and sweet...gives me that sweetness I want...7 mini's is 60 calories/1 pt....and the large ones are 50 calories for 1 pt.

Also I make a 1/4 cup unpopped pop corn in brown paper bag in microwave for 4 minutes...comes great...just make sure you close bag well leaving enough room for it to pop and lay on its side.

Today I ran out of my spray butter so tried something new....sprinkled one envelope of Sweet n Low into bag and shook before putting into microwave. Came out great...added a little sweet touch to it...could try adding more if you want it sweeter.
On the idea of Kettle Corn. Was good.

Also when I have yogurt, I put some lite Cool Whip on top, makes it more fun to eat, I enjoy it better than Ice Cream...you might even put a little fresh fruit on it...or sometimes I save the crumbs from the Carmel Rice Cakes and sprinkle that on top of it.

ENJOY!!!
Old 06-25-2005, 02:10 PM   #7  

I love rice cakes, plain or salted, dipped is salsa...much better for you than nachos and has the same effect.

Also, i freeze mini yogurt cups and they are great! Takes a little while to eat, but it's worth it.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:11 AM   #8  

I love frozen seedless grapes. There is something about them being frozen that almost always kills any sugar cravings I am having.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

We have a cracker jack rice cake that is really good. Think it is made by Quaker, not sure.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I just tried the Quaker peanut butter rice cakes because I LOVE anything with PB and I have to say I really wasn't all that impressed. Oh well, guess that means I won't go overboard on them right??
Old 12-08-2005, 02:18 PM   #11  

Default nachos

Hey there guys- I've got all these great WW recipes for holiday dips for our party, but I have NOTHING to dip WITH!!!

I think the Light Tostitos are STILL too high for 2 pts for only 6 chips. I'd rather dip with the doritos for double the amount and 1/2 the points!

Anyone have any suggestions? Would you ever dip rice cakes into spinach artichoke dip, or bean dip, or other things? Do you know where I can buy low point rice cakes in a large quantity? I love holiday eating, but I'm just starting to diet now... I need help!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 02:31 PM   #12  
Opulent

There is an AMAZINGLY good corn tortilla chip called "Cabo Chips" that have only 4 grams of fat per serving (half the fat compared to a similar style of chip).
Old 12-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #13  
Kim

I love the Blue Bunny fudgelite ice cream bars. You can eat 2 of those for 1 point.....35 calories each and I think 5 gr of fiber.
Closed Thread