Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 10:50 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Weight Loss & Chit Chat #138

Hi & WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies Weight Loss & Chit Chat thread!

We are a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey. As well as sharing our daily lives.

Please feel free to join us!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:52 AM   #2  
One day at a time

Smile Happy Thursday!

Good morning ladies

I went ahead and started the new thread since my post would have put it right at 50, hope that's okay.

Sorry for being MIA, too much going on around here and I have been so emotional with DS#2 joining the Army and to top it off it is TOM. Trying not to think about it but he leaves Aug. 10 for 15-18 weeks of training then will be home for a few weeks before being sent to who knows where. Actually, it is between a few places, Italy, North Carolina and somewhere else, can't remember. Now I really have to find a job or volunteer to keep my mind off him being gone. DS#1 is planning on moving out in Sept.-this house is going to be waaaay too quiet. Anyway...

Marti~WTG on joining the gym! Hope you guys find something fun to do this weekend.

Angie~ugh! You reminded me of all the shredding I need to do. I have a box full, and two baskets full that are waiting. You would not believe the amount of credit card & loan offers we get in a week, not to mention all the other junk. If it is just our name on the label I tear that off and rip it up when going through the mail. But the rest they put your full name all over this big long page, jeez! on being nominated for best manager!

A big WELCOME to you Beth! Looking forward to getting to know you.Sounds like you guys are getting the same weather we are (KS). It definitely is a nice change from the 3 digit weather we've been having. Dr Phil's book is great, I have it and have been rereading it, also have it on CD which I think is better, just something about his stern voice.

Hi to everyone else!

Sorry, this is a short post. Today is DS#1 BD and I need to get in the shower before he gets home. He had a meeting with his boss early this morning and then we are going shopping so he can spend his BD money and I am taking him for his BD lunch.

Take care ladies and have a TERRIFIC Thursday!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:32 AM   #3  

Good morning all~~
I'm beginning to get around better on the website and I could hardly wait to get online this morning.

Cristi---I'm assuming DS#1 is your oldest son....what does the D stand for and how old is he today? I hope ya'll have a fun day shopping. Has he already got plans for what he's spending his BD money on? How many children do you have? Which reminds me...I finally found my bio but how do you get to everyone else's? And could you explain to me why you had to start a new thread? Is there a limit of posts to one thread?

Marti--thanks for the emails helping me along. Where do you work at night?

I'm going to try to finish mowing this morning before it gets too hot. We've had a few days of cooler weather but it's supposed to start climbing again today. My dad--bless his heart---came out yesterday (I live out of town about 15 miles) and worked on my lawnmower for me. Our school starts on the 15th and the teachers have to go in on the 8th so my summer is about over. I also wash dishes at a little restaurant 3 nights aweek....last night was one of my nights. Wednesday nights I usually get home around 10:30 but Friday and Saturday nights it's always between 12:00 and 1 am. Makes me really tired on Saturdays and Sundays.

Well enough of my rambling. I'd better get busy around the house.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Beth
Old 07-28-2005, 01:15 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Coming up for air.

Just wanted to say hello. I won custody of Gabrielle on Tuesday.

I move over the weekend. I am applying for a co manager position to keep full time. Means moving and not unpacking til I see if I get the job - lol. It means almost double the pay and living off site. It means growing up and beliving I can do it.
I can.

Mike threw some nasty things at me at court. So, that upset me for awhile.

Judge found him unstable and ordered visits through an agency that provides supervised visitation in Portland until he can find a place in town for visits.He won't be able to take her to the coast til he does the custody evaluation. He ordered that he has a phone and I can call 1 time while he has her in his care.

Mike thought his fathers place .....but funny.........His ex had it written in her restraining order that Mike couldn't go to his own fathers house. So, Mike will have to figure how to change that for visits to happen.

Ordered to pay $300 of my attorneys fee's. Which seemed to be his biggest reaction. What a jerk.......

better get! Sorry..............HI to everyone!
Old 07-28-2005, 02:15 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies--

Cristi--Hi there! I'm so sorry that you're feeling sad about DS going into the Army. I would be an emotional wreck too! I am sending you a great big hug your way!! (((((HUGS))))) Enjoy the BD lunch today!!

Beth--I work as Specimen Processor at OML. (Oregon Medical Labs) Very easy job. As for restarting a post. We decided that at 50, we would restart the thread because some computers are slower than others and it takes a long time for the page to load up. It seems to help a little if we start over after 50. And anyone can start a new thread.

Susan--I'm doing a dance for you and Gaby! It's about time! So happy for you. And the I know you can get the full time job your applying for too!!...........How are you & Rocky doing? How long is his visit?

Hello to all the other gals!!

Well it's hot in my house and I don't have my AC on yet. So, I'm going to turn that on and then head to the showers. Sure wish it was Friday already!!

Talk to you all later!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:52 PM   #6  
kitty Momo

Thanks!! Gabrielle is just so special ( I know.....all parents think this about their children.......but she really is...lol)
I am thrilled that a judge saw past his bs and God must have had a hand in placing Mike before him on his eviction - how cool is that?

He went on and on about how we just want him in jail. Which is not true. I just want him held for his responsiblity in bringing a child into the world.

Rocky is a sweetie.

His son is a pain. We haven't even really had a chance to talk. Though last night we sat after the kids went to bed. Kris just takes all his time and if he continues to be mean to Gaby I am going to blow my stack.

They are out fishing today and have gone to 2 baseball games.

Just pulled me letter of interest for the last position, revised for this Site Manager one and ,,,,,,ready to hand in,,,,,,,,,

Lord get me off this treadmill.......lol.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:10 PM   #7  
Closed

Hi Everyone
Sorry I haven't been around for so long , a lot of things to settle in my life,my son is moving out Sept 1st so my whole support system is gone.I will truly be alone. To many changes for one year actually in 6 months. I don't have as frequent an access to the computer as I did, still waiting for the other computer to get hooked up for me, I seem to do a lot of waiting nowadays.The decorating hasn't been going to well, kinda fell apart, actually I kinda fell apart . I will pop in a much as I can, maybe things will be more settled when I am alone .I don't know how I feel about it yet, but the way things have been lately,maybe its best this way, I don't know. I just wanted to say Hi and to say I miss you all very much, I am so Happy for you Susan,finally some closure.(((((HUGS TO YOU AND GABY)))). Cristi I can't imagine what your going through, my son is moving and I know how that makes me feel.(((((HUGS FOR YOU)))) Angie so happy your cast is off ,(((((HUGS TO YOU)))) (((((( HUGS TO YOU ALL)))))) I feel like a duck out of water now , its been so long since I have been here, hopefully you are not all fedup with me dissappearing all the time, Its been a rough year.Its been brutally hot here, unbearably so, I have no air conditioning so I spend a lot of time in my room with the fans on.I hope that everyone is doing well, I really haven't kept up with everyones posts I am sorry to say, but I will try and keep up the best I can for now.Maybe in the fall things will settle down here, or maybe its wishful thinking. I will try and pop in again soon, hopefully you still want me here. I do hope you are all enjoying your summers, inspite of the heat.Bye Girls
PS: Welcome Beth
LORD GET ME ON A TREADMILL

Last edited by Tea Rose; 07-28-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:51 PM   #8  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Marti~ Baby is growing. I swear I am getting bigger by the day.

Beth~ Welcome to the group!

we go next Friday, the 4th, for our follow up ultrasound. So we should know whether we are having another boy or a girl. I did the one hour GTT and thankfully I didn't have to fast with it this time. Next appointment is 8/8 and we are officially on 2 week appointments now.

as for the weight gain, hasn't been as much this pregnancy. I think I have gained about 13 to 15lbs already. But with how I have been eating lately, I am sure I will gain the right amount. Hopefully it will come off easy.

sorry for the quick fly by.....trying to check my email quickly and get ready for dinner. Coney dogs and who knows to go on the side!
Old 07-28-2005, 06:02 PM   #9  

Just a quickie since I've got to get myself ready for work soon.

Susan--Of coarse Gaby is special!!! And we feel she's just as special too. She's our little internet sweetie. She has many "Aunt's" and "Grandma's" here. Just so you know!!

Ellen--I'm SO happy to hear from you! We've all missed you. It's ok that you don't post all the time. When things are tough at home, it's very understandable. Just know that we are here for you! Lots of hugs from us all to you!! (((((HUGS))))))

Mindee--Just keep us posted on the baby. We just had a girl at work have a baby yesterday. She had a little girl. She wasn't due until the 9th of August...so she was just a wee early.

Ok....off to shower and dress.

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:49 AM   #10  

Just thought I'd pop in before going off to bed.
Ellen---thanks for the welcome. I love that woman on your bio. I can't tell you how many times I feel just like that except bigger...Is your son moving far away? My youngest son lives and works with his dad---just about 15 minutes away but I very rarely get to see him....one because he works so much and two because he's 17 soon to be 18 and what free time he has he wants to see his friends. We have a pretty good relationship, so it's okay. When he first left (in December), I just didn't know what I was going to do with myself. I found I was very busy though getting to do things I wanted to do, started going to movies with some ladies without feeling guilty about someone being at home alone....didn't have to cook unless I wanted to.....then when I got kinda used to it, my son that's 22 asked to move back in and be close to his work. It's great---he's old enough to pay for his own way, does his own thing, and is sweet enough to fix things for me when they break. My point is after all of that rambling is that it's never really the same but they still float in and out and you will always be their mom. I think it has been nice to see that transition of being the parent to also become their adult friend. I saw where you did decorating. I've always wished I was creative in that sense. I see things that I like but don't have a clue how to get there or pull it all together. You'd probably be itching to get your hands on my old house and decorate it. My granddad and grandmother built it back in 1945--a very small stucco house built with cinder blocks. Even though it's falling apart, I just love it out here. My whole family is always trying to get me to move to town, but I just don't think I could stand it. Anyway my thoughts are with you during this transition---we'll have to get creative and suggest things for you to do!!!!!we'll try to keep it relatively clean!

I love you gals---It means alot to me to be able to visit with you and get to know you.
Didn't do to bad on my eating today...just didn't get near enough water and my feet always get real swollen when I don't drink lots. My daughter made me a dream folder and it's got a place to write down what I eat and that seems to help me some.

Have a good night all

Beth~~~I am a strong and happy woman!
Old 07-29-2005, 02:56 AM   #11  
a work in progress

Default hiya, ladies...

As usual, I pop in and read, but haven't posted in a while...lots of things have been going on.

Susan -- Yay that you got a sane judge!!! (wow, I finally got to use that smilie!) You know we are all happy for you and Gabrielle. Glad Rocky is finally there to visit. How old is his son? Maybe he's really feeling insecure right now, worried that his dad will have less time or less love for him if he loves someone else. Hard for kids to understand that when you have more people you love, your heart just gets bigger and they all fit into your life just fine.

Ellen, good to see you again, as always. Post whenever you feel like you can...lots of times I feel too down to write anything, or feel like it would all sound negative and bring everyone down...but even then, it's nice to read all about everyone's goings on -- RosieKate's knitting clapotis, and Angie's latest play, and Jane's granddaughters and can-do attitude, and Mindee's baby on the way, and Susan's adventures with Gabby, and Marti's upbeat attitude, and Cristi's trips to Hallmark that result in surprise cards in our mailboxes...even if I still can't write anything, it makes me smile and makes the day better.

Beth, very nice to meet you This is an awesome group. If you are looking for encouragement and support, this is the place.

Cristi...hon, I feel for you. My oldest son graduated high school, and joined the Air Force. I so did not want him to go, he's such a smart young man, and a very talented artist...he had wanted to go to art school. But he signed up for 6 years active, and two years reserve. I wanted to smack him, but he was over 18 and had to make his own decision. Didn't make it any easier, though. And he hates the Air Force, and is sorry he signed up for so long, but he has to stick it out now, there's no other choice for him. He was stationed in Diego Garcia for a while, but he's back in South Dakota. As long as he's not in Afghanistan or Iraq, I will breathe a sigh of relief. I wish nobody's kids were over there.

I can't type much more right now...I've been having lots of problems with my right arm -- overuse on the computer at work -- and it's hurting tonight. They sent me in for physical therapy, and I hope it starts improving soon. My knee is also messed up (I fell on concrete), so I start physical therapy for that tomorrow too. My blood pressure was really high, 150 over 100, so now I'm on bp meds *sigh* I feel like I hit 41 and started falling apart. Tim signed us up for a gym membership today through his work -- really nice place. I will talk to the physical therapist tomorrow and find out what I can do at least for now -- maybe treadmill, or swimming, since they have a nice pool. I don't even care what I look like in a swimsuit anymore. I need to do something about my weight, because it sure isn't helping my overall health. And I'm planning to go back to Weight Watchers this Saturday morning. It's worked for me before -- I just have to remember that it's a permanent lifestyle change and stick with it. Tim might even go with me...maybe we'd do better if we work on this together.

Counting down to Ireland...about 50 more days! Got my passport in the mail...

OK, bedtime for me...talk to you soon
Old 07-29-2005, 06:23 AM   #12  

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Beth--I'm so glad that you're liking it here. We enjoy having you here and getting to know you too! I'm curious, what does your dream folder contain? Is it like a journal? Sounds like a great idea.

Katie--Hi!! So happy that you popped in for a bit to catch up. Always good to hear from you. I'm sorry that you hurt your arm and your knee! Hope you heal quickly. How wonderful that your DH is going to join you at the gym. And don't let him think about joining you on WW, just tell him he is!

Well, Monday is the day we start working out. And it will be the first day back to work w/out any cigarettes. I'm feeling pretty good about it all. I talked to a lady I work with who had joined the gym awhile ago and I told her that we should figure out a motivation plan to keep us going. And so we've been trying to figure some stuff out that we could do. I'm going to mull it over the weekend and then by Monday see what we came up with.

Ok....I need to climb into bed and get some shut eye. Very sleepy.

Night girls!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 AM   #13  
RosieKate

As usual...a quick hello from me today -
We are getting ready to go to Seattle today...DH's Gma is turning 95 so there will be a big party on Sunday. We are going up early to play Think we'll take the kids to Pike St. and Woodland Park Zoo....also going to see DH's other Gma who is 98 and in Snohomish( Native American for "God's Waiting Room , lol!)

I put in a bid for some yarn on Ebay to make that clapotis. The best yarns are predictably way too expensive. I found a pretty good deal on some silk/wool combo....keeping my fingers crossed I won't get outbid, but if it happens, well, it happens. Meanwhile I plug away at the wrap sweater.

Been on the "viral" diet for the last few days, but today I am back to normal and lost more pounds with the tummy flu than I ever did on Fast Track...not that I'd ever recommend it to anyone.

Have a great Weekend everyone, and I'll chat with individuals when I get back

Welcome Beth - this is a great group of women
Welcome back Ellen - so great to see you posting again

Old 07-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

So much good news on Jaded Ladies!!
Susan- Wonderful, wonderful about the custody. My faith in the judicial system is restored. (Details about Rocky's visit please??)
Ellen- Wonderful, wonderful to see you here. Life throws us curves sometimes and things look bleak, but remember you have friends who care for you right here in cyberspace. Come back when you can. I have been lousy about posting this summer, but nice to know this place is always here.
Beth- Wonderful, wonderful to see that you have gotten comfy here and I hope to talk to you lots.
Katiecat, Katy, Marti, Cristi, Mindee- Wonderful, wonderful to see you once again. I am glad to come in and read the posts. Happy week-end to you and to all the other JL's out there.

My computer is finally working...for now. The weather is not as hot and humid, so our A/C is off and we are airing out the house. I am getting ready to paint the cabinets in both bathrooms and just touch up some other paint.
Mom is still having alot of pain from her broken arm and is concerned that they wil start therapy while she is still hurting. The pain pills seem to make her nauseous. I am staying with her tomorrow and then 3 days next week (unless I can talk her into coming here)

I have been walking my 2 miles a day even though a couple days were really hot. Loved it when it cooled down and am looking forward to Fall already. The eating is pretty stable this week except for one mis-step at Taco Bell. (I DID pass on the sour cream tho) I bought the best watermelon and it is getting me through the rough spots when I want something sweet.

Okay, off to paint. Have fun and hey gals, try to be good!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:55 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Default T.g.i.f.

A very good Friday morning ladies!

Wow, so much going on since I posted yesterday, you ladies have been a chatty bunch.

Katy~enjoy your weekend in Seattle! Wishing I was there with you guys.

Ellen~so glad to see you posting, and of course we want you to check in when you can. Sorry, to hear about DS moving out-seems to be going around. But we will be fine missy. (((((HUGS))))) to you.

Beth~DS=dear son or as I say/think darling son. The BD boy turned 25! makes me feel really old! Son #2 is 23 and is the one who joined the Army. I also have a 21-year-old daughter. Didn't have much of a shopping day because he had to stay at work for the better part of the day. So we did lunch and rushed through one store so he could get some khakis for work. His cake is still sitting on the table untouched!

Susan~yay!!! I am so happy for you and little Miss Gaby! I knew given time Mike would dig himself into a hole and the judge would finally see the light, thank god! And yes, Gaby is a special little girl to us all. Hope you are having a nice time with Rocky. Good luck with the job, keeping my fingers that you get it. And enjoy your new place! Make sure and send me your new address.

Marti~I know with your co-worker/friend you guys will work out something. Geez, everyone's joining a gym or exercise class...makes me want to. Of course I have an exercise room which is sad because I hardly ever use it, I'm just not motivated to do anything right now.

Katiecat~so sorry to hear about your arm and knee. Hope they get to feeling better soon. Also, WTG on you and DH joining the gym! I do hope he joins WW with you. When DH and I did it together it was GREAT! Nothing like having that support system. DS said he had to sign up for 4 years because he signed up for Airborne. Why the kid wants to jump out of planes is beyond me. I know he is looking for some excitment but geez, didn't have to join the Army to get it! You are right in that they do have to make their own decisions. I told him "It kills me that you did that but you are old enough to do it and I know I have to let you be your own person." Besides he has been wanting to for a few years, guess the timing wasn't right for him then. I just know I am going to miss him really bad. Loved your post by the way!

Mindee~ok, can't keep track but how far along are you now? Is the baby due in Oct.? Hopefully you find out the sex next time you go, that is, if you want to know. How is Brandon doing? Does he realize yet he will have a baby brother or sister soon?

Hi Sue! I saw that you had posted after I submitted this novel. Hope your mom gets to feeling better soon. I need to air my house out also, it is smelling kind of damp or something from having the air on for so long but it has been too hot!

Hi to Jane, Dee, Pam, Angie, Terri-Lee, Anita and everyone else!

Well, yesterday turned out to be a sort of bad day. DS#1 and I did make lunch and a very quick, and I do mean very quick shopping spree to Old Navy. We were in and out...he said I need this, I need that, and this is nice...and we were gone. He actually bought 3 pair of khakis and 3 shirts and then I was off to the emergency room to pick up DS#2. He came home from work about 10 mns. before I was to leave to meet DS#1-he twisted his ankle really bad. I swear it looked broke so I had to take him to the emergency room to make sure. Seems mean but I walked him in, signed him in and then headed across town to meet DS#1. He couldn't get off from work after all because of his bosses boss calling and saying things need to be done in the store which is a bunch of BS. The kid is working almost 100 hours a week! I told him yesterday there is no job worth not having a life. He can't live and breathe that place. Not to mention it was one lady's last week and another called to say she would bring her shirts in and wouldn't be coming back. I feel for the kid. So anyway, DS#2 just has a badly sprained ankle and is supposed to stay off of it for 4 days and DS#1 I guess willl have his BD cake next year! And I am thankfully glad that the week is over! I swear I am going to loose my mind! Oh, no wait...I am already there! I am seriously thinking about running away! Oh how I wish I could. Anyway...here's to a good weekend for everyone and a better week next week! Not sure what we are doing this weekend, not sure if V is working or not. Probably work on the yard and the brick on the patio. He started it last weekend and did in between two of the concrete squares. Now he has to just do the outline of it. So...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-29-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Closed Thread