Old 07-27-2005, 11:34 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Stay At Home Moms #1

We used to have this thread here posted daily but somehow we widdled off.

So I just wanted to let you know that I am here and hope you join me!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:36 PM   #2  

I'd love to join in!

I am 36 years old and stay at home with my three children. My oldest son is 6, and we have boy/girl twins who are 4. Personally, I have found that being a SAHM has made losing weight this (LAST) time relatively painless. Don't get me wrong, I still struggle with making the best choices sometimes but it seems I have a little more control over my schedule and lifestyle than when I worked. Not by much, maybe, but by just enough to feel as though I've got a slight edge compared with past attempts.

My plan is simply counting calories, exercising as often as I can, and making the healthiest food choices possible without denying myself my favorites. I love that I am setting a healthy example to my children and have seen their eating habits improve as well. They'll still choose chicken nuggets and a cookie over fish and salad if given the choice. They are still kids after all. But, I have noticed that they are much more likely to venture out and at least TRY new foods now. I can only assume that is because they see me do it more often these days.

Anyway, I have about 13 pounds to go before reach my goal weight. However, I intend to evaluate myself when I get there. I'm 5 foot 2 inches and, although I've become pretty fit, I expect to want to push on to 120 or 115. We'll see.

I look forward to getting to know all of the other SAHM's soon!

Tricia
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:57 PM   #3  

Hello! I'm a SAHM as well. My daughter is almost 3 (she'll be 3 August 12).

I have been on WW's since Jan of this year and have lost about 50 lbs. My
DH is a teacher, and he's been a tremendous help. He's been off for the past week and I have been able to run while he watches her.
Celeste0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:24 PM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Celeste and Tricia!

Glad to see some new SAHM faces
I'm Penny, 24, SAHM to three active boys, Hunter 5 Nicholas 4 and Andrew 2. They keep me hopping!

I had lost about 35 pounds last year and just fell off the wagon so I have had to start over

I find it is also easier to eat healthy at home b/c I am not tempted by fast food. If it's not in the house, I can't eat it

Congrats to both of you on your weightloss! Sounds like you are both doing awesome
Old 07-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #5  

Default Non Scale Victory

I had a really awsome NSV yesterday! My oldest son spent last week in Disney World with my parents. I sent him armed with two disposable cameras. We took them to the one hour photo yesterday and I was thumbing through them while we waited in the check out line. Have you ever seen a roll of film taken by a six year old? There isn't much to see so I wasn't really studying any of them. I came across one of some lady I hadn't seen before (we had lots of stranger's pictures including another little boy in a public restroom ). I get about three pictures further and realize that she seemed familiar so I went back to see who it was. I bet you know where this is going...it was ME ! I had forgotten that the first picture he took was of me while I buckled him up in the car. It was really, close up - the kind of pictures that are usually the worst for me what with all my chins and all But, what do you know? I only have ONE chin now. I honestly had NO idea. It was quite an eye opener to have such an objective view of how far I've come.

I was so excited that I just had to share. Hope you are all doing well and having a successful day!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:26 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Tricia,
That sounds awesome! Congrats to you!!!

You are doing so well! Keep up the great work!

PENNY
Old 07-29-2005, 12:04 AM   #7  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Hey Hey I'll join back up here too! lol Can't have too many message boards can ya? Hi to all of you, Penny and I used to both be in the SAHM's group, however I'm not sure if I qualify anymore since I am in school full time. I do get Fridays off, is that good enough? Well Hi to everyone, can't wait to get to know you!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:44 AM   #8  

Hi, Jill. What is it that you study? I've had college behind me for a while but over the years have taken a class here and there - mostly in relation to work. The company I worked for had a program that paid full tuition, books, everything so it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Now that I'd have to pay for it - eh, I'm educated enough. Or at least I think so. We'll know for sure when I have to help my oldest son with 1st grade math this year. My niece was having trouble in math (4th grade) and since my background is in accounting and finance my sister thought I'd be the perfect person to help her. Well, she failed the homework I worked on with her. I wanted to call her teacher sooooo bad! It was rounding decimals that we were doing and I KNEW my answers were right - they just weren't the answers she was looking for. It is really hard, as an adult, to go back and do elementary work. It is like I told my sister, I think I knew TOO MUCH to help her. I promise I'm NOT at IDIOT!