Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 10:31 AM   #1  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default **Monday August 6***

Is everyone ready to start the week? I'm envious of the 3 day weekend-ers! No fair!
I just wanted to start the thread for the day...I usually don't get online early enough to do that!
Welcome to all our new friends! Come and post with us today!
Hello, is anybody out there?
Jen? Kirsty? Oh yeah, busy Mondays...
Tonya?
Hi to all getting ready to hit "send"
I'll be back when the boss is not around.
Old 08-06-2001, 11:03 AM   #2  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey Stacey, I am here! I had a lot of paperwork junk this morning. I am burned out and need a break from the people I work with. Bad thing, I am related to 4 of them. I am kind of in the dumpers too. I am torn as to what I should/need to do about hubbys family. They are so odd I can't figure it out. Now his sis is getting married and we are not in the wedding. The guy she is marrying refused to go to our wedding. It is all so odd and really starting to wear on me. I have been going out of my way to be nice and see his parents more often, especially with Emma... but I can't figure that family out. It actually hurts me! But what can you do??

So here I am... really off program. But I am vowing to be on track today. I ate a lite breakfast and am having my fruit cup now. We'll see!

Enough of my downers!!! Talk more later!

WELCOME NEWBIES!
Old 08-06-2001, 11:25 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey girls
Jen you know what sounds like DHs fam is one of those that you can't win over save the agravation and work on the ppl who already accept you
Today i'm sick as a dog and i'm straightening darn allergys and darn heat index!
My friend comes tommorrow so its all worth it tho
Stacey i'm just waiting for a day off
when you work from home theres never one lol
Old 08-06-2001, 11:41 AM   #4  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Argh!!

I can't believe I'm already wanting to go home!!! I just had a borrower gripe me out because his two loans are cross-collateralized!!! I just close the damn things! I don't put them together!
Ok, enough venting...for now. I'm PMS'ing and stressing about work. Ooo fun day, huh?
Old 08-06-2001, 12:18 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

stace i hate when ppl b1tch at you for things that are beyond control! GRRR
Old 08-06-2001, 01:50 PM   #6  

Wow, it's super quiet here.

Stacey... I get that a lot. I think people just yell at the first person they can. I personally think my forehead says "take your frustrations out on me"

Oh well... still in my mood. Hubby tells me to forget it, but it is hard. I feel bad for Emma, because when she gets older I don't want her to feel the tension.
Old 08-06-2001, 02:03 PM   #7  

Default What 3 day weekend?

I wish I had a 3 day weekend. We had such a good weekend though! Friday, I barely did any work in the afternoon. I think I worked 5 hours DH and I took a walk to see our friends who moved in a mile away. They weren't there but we peeked inside. We went to dinner with friends at the Melting Pot, a great fondue restaurant. It was expensive and high points ( cheese and chocolate fondue) and I had 3 glasses of wine! Then we left Sat at 7am for a wedding in NJ. It was very nice. I loved my friends' dress, good food, good band. Drank even more on Sat ( 5 glasses of wine and a hard cider!) We danced a good amount but not tons of exercise. We came home yesterday (stuck in traffic on fht NJ turnpike )and went to the Girls Night Concert, female country singers. We sat in the 7th row on the floor. It was a great show!!!

So today I am trying to eat better. We had a baby shower at work and I have a piece of ice cream cake, 1 mini-eclair, 1 cookie and some fruit. I only ate my popcorn for lunch. Luckily I know about the shower so I knew there would be food. I hat a bite of another cake and a cookie, but threw the rest away, not worth the points. We are having our friends (just moved 1 mile away, she is PG) for dinner tonight and we are going to grill. It is really hot here and we don't want to heat up the house. We will have chicken, sausage, corn and salad. Then we get to go see their house! I cna't wait.

I got my lifetime membership stuff from WW this weekend. I didn't WI last week and felt kinda bad but I didn't feel like going on Friday. I don't know if I am going this week b/c TOM is due this coming weekend. I will continue to weigh at home and go on an evening that looks good according to the home scale. I don't see it as cheating since I am just trying to work around TOM.

Stacey - I hope your clients are nicer to you the rest of today. I am ready to go home too!

Jen - Sorry about DH's family. Don't worry about not being in the wedding. Alot of families don't have siblings participate. I think you are doing the best you can with them.

Kierie - I hope you feel better soon. Have fun with your friend!!!

See you all later!

Sarah
Old 08-06-2001, 03:10 PM   #8  

Sarah... I don't care about myself, as much as I do about my hubby. Him and her are the only 2 kids. His mom told me that she made a comment that his sister needs to start having a relationship with hubby, but I know how that family is, and I really think she could care less. It is more of a hurtful/jealous move on her part than anything. I guess I can look at it like hubby does... we don't have to help with the wedding... and I don't have to help with a shower! Is that a positive thing??
Old 08-06-2001, 03:25 PM   #9  

Jen - I agree with your DH. It is less work for you. And it is better than being asked to be in a wedding when you are obligated rather than a good friend. Now you can sit back and relax.

Well, I just wrote my success story for WW. EVeryone has to fill out a questionnaire when they become Lifetime, that is how they decide who will be a Success Story. I doubt they will use me but it would be nice. I have to find pictures though.

Well I added up muy points from the baby shower and I think I am at 13 which isn't so bad. I am going back to the gym today so that will help. My goal for today is 25-27 points. Wish me luck! I am working at home tomorrow so I won't be online very much. I don't have tons of work to do so I will stop in at some point. Have a good evening everyone!

Sarah
Old 08-06-2001, 03:30 PM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Heck yeah it's a good thing! Jen, you don't have to worry about a thing! No buying an expensive dress, no shelling out big bucks for a shower for someone you don't particularly care for! Just support hubby in his relationship with his sister.
Just remember...concentrate on the no big bucks part!
Old 08-06-2001, 03:38 PM   #11  

Geez Stacey... never thought about NOT having to buy an UGLY dress. She is not know for her sense of style. Hey, that is a good thing! Still frustrated tho... guess we can sit back and laugh at all the bad choices she made!!! I found out where her hall is and it is NOT classy at all. It is in the middle of a no where... basically in a cow pasture! I can wear my crap kickers with a dress!
Old 08-06-2001, 03:45 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

jen you can have the pleasure of telling the bridesmaids they can wear there seafoam taffeta hoopskirt dresses again
Closed Thread