Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 06:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Changes....

I need to stay motivated... so I'm posting all the changes that I've noticed since I've started feel free to post yours too!

I can now do the full 40 min work out DVD that I have. Its still a challenge for me, BUT, I can do it now.

My legs are looking more toned, and smoother.

My arms are looking better too While I still have the flabby underarm hanging stuff, when I flex, I can see a muscle lol I can also see a muscle on my shoulder and upper back.

I don't pig out like I used to. While I still have days where I eat too much, its no where NEAR what I used to eat.

My clothes are fitting better. I don't have to suck it all in and barely breath when I wear my khakis.

And I've lost 13lbs
Old 07-25-2005, 08:03 AM   #2  

I have no shorts that fit me! For the first time that is a good thing.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:38 AM   #3  

Good thread Liz --
I've lost 21 pounds and my clothes either fit loosely or are falling off. I can wear a bra all day without being "strangled" -- I refuse to buy new shorts until I reach my goal (probably next summer) so the shorts with no elastic have two big safety-pinned tucks in the back. I am soooo proud of those tucks!

Have not taken a fluid pill all summer and have no swelling in my legs and feet -- actually have ankles! Am sure that's a combination of drinking enough water and walking.

When I first started walking I walked the frontage road 1/2 way to the stop sign and it took about 1/2 hour -- almost killed me. Now I go all the way to the stop sign and back in 35 minutes and have expanded my route to take in some hills most days. So I'm in much better shape. Don't even get out of breath anymore.

I can't wait to see what I feel like after another 20 pounds .... Bev
Old 07-25-2005, 09:55 AM   #4  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Awesome idea, Liz!

I've lost 4.5 pounds in three weeks, which is very good for me. I used to only work out with my personal trainer and I wasn't losing any weight--I was sabotaging myself through eating when I got home.

My clothes are fitting so much better now. While I haven't fully dropped a size, my waist, thighs, and butt are much more comfortable in my pants.

I recently bought new bras and, even in the new bras, I was able to move the clip from the last hook to the middle hook, and I still see some room at the top of the bra.

I can feel my sternum coming in, haha.

Shin splints aren't quite a problem any more!

And most importantly of all: I can actually look at myself straight out of the bath without being revolted.

~Amanda
Old 07-25-2005, 10:21 AM   #5  

Have not lost enough yet to see any major changes, but my shoes are not fitting anymore so I guess that is a change.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:34 PM   #6  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Talking

My jeans are too big! (which is a good thing!) This pair is the biggest size that I have ever been in, size 24. I'm keeping them to take one of those cool "after" photos!

My panties are fitting better!

I have way more energy than before!

I'm still thinking positive!

I know what FULL means and HUNGRY !

My skin is looking better!

I drink water!!!

No more fast food crap!!!

I think my face may be getting a tad slimmer!

I can wear a skirt that didn't fit at the beginning of the summer! GASP!

And finally,
I believe in myself again!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #7  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

I've only lost 9.5 pounds so far, so no major changes for me yet. But i just had to pop in and say Amanda! You are so close to "one-derland." I can't wait to see you cross that threshold and kiss the 200s goombye!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #8  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Oh my gosh! And you, too, Misty! "One-derland" awaits! I'm so excited for you guys!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:32 PM   #9  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

*grins* Thanks Maggie!! I just talked to my personal trainer this morning and said, "You know...I didn't lose any weight last week because of my period. Wouldn't it be just so much fun if I actually did lose weight, but it evened out because of bloating and then it shows up on the scale next Saturday?? I could cross the 200-lb threshold!" Of course, I'm not going to pressure myself or feel guilty if I don't make it that far this time. Actually, I'm just concentrating on getting my 5-lb ribbon, lmao!

Thanks for the congrats!! Y'all will of course be the first ones to know when I finally traipse back into one-derland!

~Amanda
Old 07-25-2005, 08:00 PM   #10  

I've lost about 13 total pounds so far, and I feel like I've gained energy, but more than anything, I've gained a sense of accomplishment--like I can actually do this!! It's an amazing feeling, and I hope it never changes...for weight loss and in life in general!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:59 PM   #11  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

That's awesome, Steph! And look!! You're only 3 pounds away from your Labor Day goal, and you still have a little more than month to get there!!! How cool is that??

Hehe!
~Amanda
Old 07-25-2005, 09:33 PM   #12  

Thanks!!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:54 AM   #13  

Hey gurls,

I was upstairs going through my junk room. I found a box of clothes I had packed away for when I was a smaller size. Some of it fits now, I even foudn a dress for an upcoming wedding in September. Some of the stuff is still too small so I can wear in the future yet. But here's the best part.... a bunch of it is too BIG!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:02 AM   #14  

Old 07-27-2005, 03:56 PM   #15  

It is great encouragement to me to read your differences. I am sitting here dreaming of the day I am close to One der land Seems so far off. I just looked down and realized I have on a white shirt on that is buttoned and before now I had to wear a shirt under it so I didn't have to button so that is a cool change.
Closed Thread