Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 12:13 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#43)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 07-24-2005, 12:15 AM   #2  

Hey

We just got home from Debbie's. We swimmed all day!! We even walked!!! I'm so tired. I wanted to start a new thread before I hit the bed. Will post more tomorrow.

Goodnight Hugs......
Old 07-24-2005, 01:22 AM   #3  
Losing it!

I like your little welcome dude, Sher! I wish I were that skinny!
Old 07-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #4  

Gayle-Mike says to make sure the blower fan is running(air coming out ducts) and the fan at the unit outside is running. If they are both running, then look for ice on the large copper line going into the outside unit. If there is ice, you need freon. If not and the large line is not cool to the touch, then it is a compressor problem. If both the compressor and the fan are not running, then it could be a time delay on the main compressor contactor. Email me back with what you find, and I'll find out more from Mike. If it's a time delay problem, Mike says that he can probably walk you through how to take care of it.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:05 PM   #5  
Losing it!

I noticed frost on the pipe Shelley the first evening I had problems. Then it disappeared and never reappeared as far as I know. The guy came out and changed a burnt coil-wire, said that should take care of the problem. 45 minutes later we were blowing hot air again. The fan works, but the compressor will go off every so often. It gets hot enough, it will cause our breakers to go off to the unit. Even if I get the breakers back on, we need to wait for the compressor and outside air to cool before the compressor will run again. The guy came back out yesterday, said he would charge it with freon even though it showed it was full. Since he charged it the unit has only went off once and I was able to go flip the breaker and get it running again. I'm inclined to think it needed more freon, plus maybe our compressor is getting ready to go out????? Am I close Mike??? :-)
Old 07-24-2005, 07:28 PM   #6  

Since he put some more freon in it, things seem to be working better but still not 100%.
This sounds like it is indeed a little low, if the coil in the air handler (the inside parts) is dirty or the filter is clogged, the gauges will indicate proper charge of freon, even when freon is a little low. If the inside coil is easy to get to, and you have a pump up sprayer, it is very easy to clean and I can walk you through doing it.
As far as checking if the charge of freon is correct in the unit, there is a very easy way to see if it is correct. after both inside and outside coils are clean, you can look at the compressor where the larger of the two copper lines come into it and if there is "sweat" on the larger of the lines and a ring of "sweat" on the compressor itself approx 2 inches in diameter, then the freon charge is perfect.
Let me Know. Mike
Old 07-24-2005, 09:09 PM   #7  
Janice

Hello Everyone,
I tried to post pictures on the photo page. Let me know if you can see them or not. If they turned out okay I will get a better picture of me so you can all have a laugh.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:55 PM   #8  

Hello

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. It's been sooooo HOT here!!! It's been around 100 degrees for 4 days now!

Janice:
I loved your photos! What cute "babies" (pets) you have! You have your hand full for sure! Are you the one in the teal (blueish) shirt holding either a trash bag or a pair of pants?

Carol:
What day this week is your ankle replacement? You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I wished I lived closer to you to wait on you hand & foot and spoil you rotton!!! Do you not have any sick days?

Gayle:
How is Liz? She's so lucky to have a great Mom as you are. How is your Mom? Is Allsion looking forward for school to start? You've had so much on you lately, I hope you can have a "Gayle" day soon! Are you still hot or cooling off now?

Shelley:
That was so sweet of Mike to help Gayle with her air unit! We all know who are friends are when it comes down to it...don't we? How's the new car? I'm sure you're excited about it. My FIRST payment was THIS month and I'm already counting down the months until my last payment!

Ramona:
How is Dan? I sure hope he's much better. How do you feel? I have been praying for a speedy recovery for you. Dayna (Chris' GF) is going to visit Chris this coming up weekend and I'm so jealous! I miss him sooooo much and we can't afford to go right now. It's been since March since we have seen him but seems so much longer! Then I start thinking about you with BOTH boys gone...I don't know how you do it.

Dee:
How was your God child's first b/day? Did you enjoy your time with your Niece? What did Dez fix for dinner? It sounded like you had a very busy weekend too. I only have 2 weeks left so I'm going to try to have fun and enjoy what's left of it. How hot it is there?

Vicki:
How are you feeling? I knew you had fell and bruised your hip & jaw and sprained your arm. I had asked about you in a post and asked if you were able to still keep the children. I have always heard that a sprain is worse then a brake a lot of the times. Take care sweetie and quit lurking! we miss you when you don't post!!! Love ya!

I sure wish Debbie, Doni & Cheryl(I hope I didn't leave anyone out) would post! I sure miss them all here!

Goodnight hugs to all......
Old 07-25-2005, 05:54 AM   #9  

Sherry-How often do you vacuum your car and empty the mats? I feel like everytime someone enters the car I should empty the mats! I hate for them to get too soiled.

Okay everyone, here is my sick thinking. I was able to put on a pair of my old Guess size 26 jeans, but I still look huge to myself. I had Patty try them on and she couldn't zip them! Then she gave me a couple pair of her jeans that she can't wear anymore. I still look in the mirror and see these big hips, thighs and legs. Today I am wearing a pair of the jeans she gave me (size 5's.) Of course, they are stretch and very low! I don't know how to look at myself and see me thin. I just don't and can't.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:22 AM   #10  
Janice

Shelley - waist 26? Size 5, you are skinny girl. From your pictures you look fantastic, maybe you need new mirrors!! You are beautiful. You can't change your bones, and women are supposed to have hips. I wish I had a butt and not a pancake. - genetics!
YOU ARE TINY AND BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Sherry - That is my daughter holding the garbage bag. She was going to see her dad for Father's Day which is a two hour drive. Brian her boyfriend wasn't going to see his Dad on Father's Day because they had to see Amanda's Dad. Doug - my husband and Amanda's stepdad wasn't going to see Amanda that day. Amanda was totally torn on what to do. I had a BBQ and everyone came. Amanda's Dad, StepDad, Brians Parents and Grandparents. It was a great time and made Amanda happy for all the Dad's to be in one place. Kind of weird I guess but it works.
I have trouble with my pictures getting them small enough to post. I will get Amanda to take a picture of me so you can see my face and chubby cheeks.
I have been on a Low Carb diet for three weeks and lost 10 lbs. The Nutrition Manager in me knows this isn't a healthy diet. The skinny person in me that is trying to get out, says its working. I had prime rib, ceasar salad, green beans a bag of pork rinds, a low carb chocolate covered ice-cream and that was just supper and snack.
Vicky - You are having such a hard time, I hope you are feeling better, you poor girl.
Carol- I never heard of an ankle replacement. It sounds painful, but you will feel so much better after.
Gayle - How is Liz doing, hope she is starting to feel better.
You are all in my prayers, so many of you are having a hard time right now.
Love you all,
Old 07-25-2005, 08:00 AM   #11  
Carol

Good morning all.

I don't have much time as I have to leave for work, but I wanted to say good morning. My ankle replacement surgery is on Friday at 11:00. I am counting down the days. I know it is going to be painful and that I am looking at a lengthy recovery, but if all goes well, it should make the world of difference when the healing progess and all the physical therapy is done. I will tell you more about the details later when I have more time.

Everyone have a great day and I will post more later.

Hugs to all
Carol
Old 07-25-2005, 02:34 PM   #12  
Losing it!

Shelley, thank Mike & give him a big hug for all the advice! It apparently was low on freon. They guy charged it and it is running perfectly!
Now, for a serious talk, I agree with everything Janice said but want to add my 2 cents worth or in my case, my nickles worth! I measured Allisons waist and she is 21.5", which means your waist is only 4.5" bigger then hers and she is on the thin side for her age/height plus she is 6 years old! We all know we all run certain health risk being overweight, the same risk plays into effect when a person is underweight or not at a healthy weight for their frame and age. I can't remember how tall you are and I know you are small framed, so I would guess you to be on the light end of your average body weight. Shelley, with all of your running, you have muscle which will weigh more then fat, there is no way on this earth you are fat. I'm concerned with your poor body image of yourself. I'm afraid one of these days you will keep losing and stress your heart to the point you will be running and will collapse with a fatal heart attack. I don't want to scare you, but I really can't think of anything else to say to you to get you to realize you are just fine at your weight. When you see a picture of yourself, do you cover the picture of the face and just look at the body? Maybe if you do so and imagine it to be someone else, even one of your daughters, you will realize you do not need to lose anymore weight. I love you Shelley and I value our friendship....it's just starting and I want many more years of it to share with you.

Carol, I will be saying an extra prayer on Friday for you. How long will you be in the hospital? Please just do as the doctor orders and not do too much too soon!

Janice, you deserve a round of applause! You are a mighty big person to step up and have the X with you for the holiday to make your daughter feel better. I'm sure she appreciated it more then she can ever tell you. You are indeed a special person. How is the weight loss challenge going? I finally lost another pound, but I'm still lagging behind you.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:24 PM   #13  

Gayle and Janice-Believe me, I'm not skinny by any stretch of the imagination! But thank you both for your concern.

Gayle-I'm so glad that your air is back to cooling. I hope Liz is feeling better today.

Sherry-I'm so glad that you spent some time at Debbie's. I wish she would come and post. Please tell her I miss her posts.

Carol-Keep us updated on your ankle surgery.

Janice-Sherry might be able to help you post pictures. She has a great knack at being able to do lots of computer stuff.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:28 PM   #14  

Janice....I'll PM you my email address if you want to forward me pictures to post.

OMG!!!!!!! Guess who just posted on the exercise thread????????? IT'S DEBBIE!!!!!!!!!! WTG GIRL!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:53 PM   #15  
Janice

Sherry - That would be great. I'm new to this camera thing.
Closed Thread