Old 07-25-2005, 06:59 AM   #1  

Default Summer Starters 7/25/05

Good morning!

After doing my morning routine, I got on the scale to notice a nice decrease from last week. I am down 5 lbs.!

If anyone would like to join me, the following are my goals for the day and week:
Daily: drink at least 8 glasses of water
Weekly: exercise at least 3X this week

BTW, a little about myself:
My name is Jeanne. I am almost 34 years old (Thursday is the birthday). I am married and have 2 children -- a 3 year old girl and a 3 month old boy. I usually WOH, but I am taking a child care leave for the next 13 months. I have been carrying this extra weight around for some time. I have lost and regained about 20 lbs of it more times than I care to admit. I am hoping this time that once I lose the pounds, they will be gone forever.

Good luck and have a great day!
jjeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:48 AM   #2  

Location: In the great state of Iowa long the Mississippi River

S/C/G: 285.0/285/180.0

Height: 5'10

Thumbs up I am ready!!

Hi Jeanne! My name is Lori. I am 32years olds. I have a wonderful Dh Jim & we will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary on August 10th of this year. We also have 3 daughters Emiyl who is 6 1/2, Madelyn who is 2 1/2 & Abigail who is almost 10month old. I am currently a stay at home mom, however I am also attending college. As far as weight loss goes I am trying to follow the Weight Watcher plan since I have seen success on that before.
My goals are:
*drink 96oz of water a day
* exercise ( any type) at least 30 min a day
Weigh in today was 258.0 so I will alter my tracker if I can & go from there!!

Take care,
Lori
mommapossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:49 AM   #3  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Smile Summer Starters

Good Morning everyone!
so here goes on my goals: I know if I post them- I'll 99.9% stick to it!
my daily goals for this week is to drink at least 20 oz. of water every day. I know it's not much BUT That's saying alot for me as if it's not diet coke I don't want it. I will attempt to drink more H2O but will set small goals for now as not to overdo it and set myself up for failure.
my weekly goals are to exercise at least 3 times this week
Good luck to all the Summer Starters!!
We can do this!!!

My name is Sandy, I'm 42 with 3 kids, a 20 (almost 21) daughter, a 12 year old step son who knows everything and a 7 year old daughter. I am an Administrative Assistant and work about 30-35 hours a week. I Have a wonderful but "clueless about my losing weight issues" hubby (he lost 30 pounds on slimfast, was never hungry, etc.. and I gained 12) I used to be a size 5-6 until the birth of my last child. A lot of complications with her and have recently been diagonsed with type 2 diabetes . I am about 55-60 pounds overweight and have had a really bad time with sugar out of control and angina attacks/heart problems, Out of breath. So I am taking this seriously. I am now just going to make proper choices for foods, and control portions and exercise!! I have tried all kinds of diets in the past and set myself up for failure by going all out the first week and realizing I can't keep up with all the big plans I make and I felt like a failure when I gave up. This time I am going slow and steady.This support will be wonderful Thank you all !
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:02 AM   #4  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Jeanne and Lori!

My name is Suzy. I am a married mother of 2 grown sons. Our oldest is married and the father of 2 beautiful daughters...Abby will be 5 in September and Emma just turned 2. Our youngest son is also married and currently enlisted in the US Marine Corps (he deploys to Iraq in September).
My husband and I own and operate a small sheet metal/heating business. Our oldest son also works with us in the family business.
I enjoy quilting in my free time as well as doing other craft projects.

I need to lose at least 25 pounds. I'm off to a pretty good start...I've lost 5 pounds already!
Daily: My daily goal is to make healthy food choices.
Weekly: My goal is to exercise for at least 30 minutes 3 times this week...something I really hate to do!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:37 AM   #5  

well her we go ladies Monday morning
My name is Brandi, married I also celebrate my 9th annivarsary on August 10th been with him since I was 14, be with him now 16years well will be in waht 20 days or so LOL, have all boys 13, 11, 5 Anthony, Ausitn and Andruw, I just turned 30 well in March, i weigh about 270 268 making little goals of 25lbs want to get under 200 and never see 200 again wouold love to be 150 but would settle for 170-180 have to see oncw i get there. good luck ladies
my goal for the week is to walk 30min 3 times and to do 3 weight segments of 30 min each every second day and daily will be dinking my 8 - 10 glasses of water.
Ice Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #6  
Vanessa

Hey everyone!!

My name is Vanessa and I am 21. I have a little boy who will be 6 on August 12th ( yes....do the math.....I was young) I am trying to lose 20+ to get me in the 130's range.

WO Schedule for Today----Monday

28 minutes on an eliptical machine ( weight loss mode)
32 minutes using weight machines concentrating on legs
Drink 64 ounces of water
vinny081299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:32 PM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Woohoo, I see everyone's doing well with goal-setting so far! As for me, my goals are to drink at least 12 servings of water a day and to technically workout at least 3 times a week (I say "technically" because I mean go to the gym--I work part-time as a waitress, so I get exercise that way, but I don't "technically" count it).

I just turned 23 last week. I don't have any kids, but my boyfriend acts like one much of the time I have been with him for over a year and 4 months now, and we are moving in together in October (yay!!). As it is now, I only see him on weekends because we live about 1.5 hours apart, so we will be moving to a city in between where we both live now so we can both keep our jobs I work full-time as a technical editor/proofreader on two government contracts (EPA and CMS), and, like I said, I also work part-time as a waitress (at Ruby Tuesday, if you know of it).

I also belong to TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), so I get some in-person support that way. We meet every Thursday evening (at least I know I get that one night a week off from Ruby's!). I have been posting on these boards for a few months pretty actively, but I love meeting new people, and who couldn't use a little more support?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:29 PM   #8  

Last edited by Neveen; 02-13-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Neveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:49 PM   #9  

Hi everyone - I usually don't get the computer until after lunch, so sorry if I am posting so late.

I was doing good last week. My plan is to cut my sugar intake and try to excercise at least 3 times a week for starters.

I am 32, married to a wonderful, supportive husband. I have packed on this extra weight over the last few years of fertility treatments. We are now ready to adopt and would love to get this extra weight off. I am a emotional eater and love support. Hope this will work for me!
Brandi
Nomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:39 PM   #10  

Default Hi everyone!

Hi my name is Katie and I am 21, my fiance is in Iraq and I would like to at least get back down to the weight i was before he left. We are getting married in a year, and so my ultimate goal is 145. I am 222 right now. I am really new to this, I have tried to lose weight before, but the only reason i succeeded was because i was working 2 jobs. I need help learning to control my cravings, eat better, and getting of my lazy butt. Any advice or tips would be most welcome as well as support

My goal this week is to drink at least 4 glasses of H2O, cut out the junk that I eat, and excercise 4 times a week. I am very low on cash, so I don't have a gym membership, any ideas on things to do around the house for excercise? I did buy Yogo Booty Ballet, has anyone tried that?

I am finally ready to do this, so thank you for starting this, all my friends are skinny girls, so it is hard to turn to any of them for this kind of support. Once again thank you. and i look forward to getting to know all of you!

Much Love,
KT

Last edited by katyiris; 07-25-2005 at 03:57 PM.
katyiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 03:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Default One more jumps on the bandwagon

I have been a member of this site for a while, but have been a little off the whole weight-loss thing for the last 5 or 6 weeks due to some minor medical issues. I lost almost 40 lbs using WW a few years ago, but slowly gained some of it back the last two years away from home at college. I was 168 in January, and I have (in a few good spurts) lost 14-15 lbs since then. I really want to take control back (I've gained a couple lbs) and continue slowly working my way towards the weight I would like to be and have never been. (My lowest since I was a freshman in hs is 151, I'm 5'3, and wear size 10-12)
I'm turning 23 this Friday, I graduated with my B.S. in Marriage, Family, and Human Development in December, married my sweetheart in May, and I'm working full time as an Institutional Research Assistant. I would love to join you and get some motivation and accountability!

My goals for this week:
Continue to stay off sugar
watch my portions
drink 8 cups of water daily
go to the gym at least 4 times

I will weigh in on Thursdays.

P.S.
Katie-
you create a slider, then copy and paste the html code it gives you into your signature. After that you can find your numbers in that text and modify them as you need.
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 306/294/170

Default good job girls!

Wow. All of you have really thought through your goals for the week. Well, hmm, I think my main goal this week is to walk for 30 minutes everyday. I've recently started exercising yesterday and was dissapointed to be in pain after five blocks! Anyway, I'd also like to set the goal of eating more veggies.

So glad this group was started. I'm 27, single, and a graduate student. I just stepped on the scale two weeks ago after not weighing myself for five months. In those months I gained over 60 pounds. So, here I am now at 275 (down from 283) hoping to lose the weight once and for all.

I look forward to chatting more with you all.
uncovering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:04 PM   #13  

Ok! I'm ready. Just to give you the reader's digest version on my story. I am married w/ 2 daughters 12 & 10. Ok three kids if you count my husband. I have always had a slight weight problem since I was a kid, but nothing like this. Everything went south after my first baby. Before I got prego, I went to Jenny Craig & lost 40 pounds. I was down to a size 9. Then after the 4th month, preeclamptic things started and my blood pressure & weight went crazy. I gained a total of 70 pounds and spent the last four months of the pregnancy on bed rest. When it was time to loose the baby weight, it wouldn't come off. I talked to my doctors who said that I just needed to push away from the table. When I said I was tired all of the time and had no energy, they said welcome to motherhood. I have spent the last 12 years trying to get some doctor to help me find out what was wrong--I kept telling them that there was some kind of hormone problem. Since they were all men, they patted me on the back and said that maybe I was just getting older.

Well, I finally found a doctor to listen to me and do a blood test. So after 12 years of beating my head against the wall, I have my answer. Syndrome X--insulin resistance. Ok! Now for the other news. Kaiser's way of treating it--diet & exercise. When I told my primary care to check behind door number two because door number one wasn't working, he told me that is the only treatment authorized.
I have been all over the internet and there are other things that will help.

So, I guess now that I know what is wrong, I can take action and here I am.

My starting weight is 280. I would like to loose 100. I have already started walking in the neighborhood and want to try to do that as much as I can to start. I also started the atkins thing.

My husband is so negative when it comes to me trying to diet. He thinks by telling me I can't do it, I will get pissed and show him wrong. He's right I do get pissed, but then after the diet failed because of the insulin resistance thing, i said he's right and gave up. Well, now I am armed and dangerous and think I can make things happen this time. My two girls are with me and have said they will help drag me out of the house to exercise. So here's to getting rid of my first 10 pounds!
boggie12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #14  

Default Can I join you ?

Hello
I really want to end this awful eating cycle that I've been in for the last 9 weeks. I thought that if I just ate whatever and whenever I felt like it, instead of planning and watching, maybe I could be like a normal person, but needless to say, it was a bad idea.
I am about 70 pounds overweight. I am scared to step on a scale. I haven't in years, but I can tell from the mirror and my rubber waisted clothes.

I know that low carb works best for me.
So my goals are;
Low carb, but not high calorie breakfast and lunch and supper.
Fruit for a snack.

This is not Atkins, but I do find that protein keeps away real hunger, but not emotional hunger.

Will we always be able to find each other by clicking on summer starter? This is the first time ever I am joining a group on line.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:40 PM   #15  

Hi Laura---glad to have you in the group. This is my first time with a support group. I really don't know what to expect. So I will look for you on summer starters and try to check in daily.

I think I'll go for a walk after it cools down a bit. Talk to you later.
boggie12002 is offline   Reply With Quote